Personality Cafe banner

221 - 240 of 7804 Posts

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
I may lead a quite sheltered life in this respect, since none of the men I know really have any money. What I tend to see is just down home crazy women looking for someone to impose some kind of external stability on their bizarre mental state and find that it fails only after the guy in question has been turned inside-out and hung out to dry like a wet dishrag no one wants anymore. Then the women run around telling everyone how badly the man treated them, garnering sympathy from the next man who thinks he can fix her and so it goes. :(
Anyone who thinks women get shafted harder and more frequently than men do in relationships isn't looking closely enough.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Anyone who thinks women get shafted harder and more frequently than men do in relationships aren't looking closely enough.
Do women just complain about it more? I think we have more of a well-defined concept of predatory males as a stereotype than females, is why I ask.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
That's a topic I don't even know how to begin to discuss. I'm not sure what the female equivalent of a "nice guy" would be. I personally don't deal with bullshit so have never been the victim( clears throat). I like to think I know what I'm jumping into before getting involved with a lady. However, the truth is I have no idea. It's impossible sometimes to know what to expect. I think it's easier defining the "nice guy" because all the stories of broken-hearted females have shown a pattern of behavior that characterizes a particular type of guy:"the nice guy." I think women are just relegated by men as "bitches." "Bitch" covers a lot of ground.
Well...we could examine the bloke and the stripper a few pages back...

it didn't really go anywhere and obviously her profession taints the scene... .

But it seems more nice guys are getting screwed (proverbially, at least) by dames rather than by dropping the soap around other pricks.. or just because those pricks have nicer dicks. come on, the dudes need to get over their locker room envy and anxiety.... over compensating for their self projected flaws and shortcomings by then becoming the opposite of the pricks.... because then they just become uptight assholes.

And it's a bit more of a frequent game on the dating and hookup scene...

but yet unless those women hit some stereotypical marks, overall, the problem seems to be ignored.

What's the difference between when a woman only accepts a date with a guy just to get a free dinner and when a man only accepts a date with a woman just to get a free dinner?

Do you think the so called prick in those scenarios might be under any illusions about how ethical it might be?

Are one of the parties more of a victim of said prick than another?

oh and the more common terms are nice girls and gold diggers (although there are a few other types as well... but the gold diggers are a bit more common.)

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
Do women just complain about it more? I think we have more of a well-defined concept of predatory males as a stereotype than females, is why I ask.
It's the male ego thing, they truly believe they're cognitively or psychologically superior because women are "emotional" or "irrational" and they're not. Thus they don't believe a woman could ever get one over on them.

Chuckle...

Ironically, it is this very belief that helps make them susceptible.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
oh and the more common terms are nice girls and gold diggers (although there are a few other types as well... but the gold diggers are a bit more common.)
I think gold-digger is for financial manipulation specifically and doesn't cover the loonies who aren't looking for cash.

@nadjasix omg I spit soda out my nose just now lol

·
Banned
5,669 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
It's the male ego thing, they truly believe they're cognitively or psychologically superior because women are "emotional" or "irrational" and they're not. Thus they don't believe a woman could ever get one over on them.

Chuckle...

Ironically, it is this very belief that helps make them susceptible.
'course if they do complain about it... they don't really have that much legal recourse or support.

in the states (and most western countries)... even dudes in gay relationships (recognized or not) have more options than blokes in str8 relationships when these kind of problems arise.

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
'course if they do complain about it... they don't really have that much legal recourse or support.

in the states (and most western countries)... even dudes in gay relationships (recognized or not) have more options than blokes in str8 relationships when these kind of problems arise.
True enough. I do feel sorry for them.

I suspect most MRAs are these guys who seriously got taken for a ride and then were surprised to find that the system was not on their side, at all.

Kinda like how rape victims feel.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I think gold-digger is for financial manipulation specifically and doesn't cover the loonies who aren't looking for cash.

@nadjasix omg I spit soda out my nose just now lol
But there's more accepted excuses for other issues... even the gold digger label isn't taken that seriously.

unless she's twenty years younger than his first wife.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I liked "sole", I thought it was on purpose...
Maybe it was, my mind is not my own.
But given that I’m prone to making these mistakes thanks to this weird sort of phonetic dyslexia, I doubt it.

Feel free to unthank :p

sole works too... so far all we've got is shitkickers and doormats.

I wouldn't mind shooting you, but I like my tea without cream.
I need a Rift translator, anyone up to the task ?

Edit:

Too late on the innocence there old bean.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Maybe it was, my mind is not my own.
But given that I’m prone to making these mistakes thanks to this weird sort of phonetic dyslexia, I doubt it.

Feel free to unthank :p

I need a Rift translator, anyone up to the task ?

Edit:

Too late on the innocence there old bean.
I'm not sure phonetic dyslexia applies to homophones ;)

221 - 240 of 7804 Posts