Personality Cafe banner

3041 - 3060 of 7821 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
INTPs not really dating. More like INTPs relating to dating. INTPs may be relating to the possibility of dating. INTPs having a go at thinking about how remote the randomness of life on other planets might be witin a communicable distance from our own and the even lower probability of landing a date this coming weekend.
Haha, thanks :unsure: Come on, we're not that bad are we. I had an actual real-life date last weekend so there :tongue:

·
Registered
68 Posts
The only time I've acted this way is when I wasn't interested in anything deeper with a person, made it clear and they weren't accepting it or I did care but really needed some space from them to see how I felt about things. In both cases, them trying to control the situation at all drove me away super fast.
Well, in this case she hasn't mentioned wanting to end things so far. And we've been seeing each other since then. So i'm really hoping it's just that she needs space.

And you're asking an ISTJ to not try to control the situation? It's like asking an INTP to be more upfront with their emotions!

I will, however, try.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
INTPs not really dating. More like INTPs relating to dating. INTPs may be relating to the possibility of dating. INTPs having a go at thinking about how remote the randomness of life on other planets might be witin a communicable distance from our own and the even lower probability of landing a date this coming weekend.
Oh ya? Oh YA??? Well. . .INFJs not really dating. More like INFJs envisioning dating someone while standing a mile away from them. Or thinking about finding a soulmate while teaching others and saving the earth and . . . and . . . and RECYCLING more than everyone. But still getting dates from ENTPs who ask them out 7 times.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Oh ya? Oh YA??? Well. . .INFJs not really dating. More like INFJs envisioning dating someone while standing a mile away from them. Or thinking about finding a soulmate while teaching others and saving the earth and . . . and . . . and RECYCLING more than everyone. But still getting dates from ENTPs who ask them out 7 times.
Oh shit stop I can't *rolls and kicks*

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
:laughing:
You forgot to say "Ni-ing something"

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
That is SO... true.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Mostly because thats the one function that I have absolutely no clue how it works :)
It doesn't matter!
((Probably a significant amount of them don't know either))
I don't know how it works either. I just know "it works" (said the INFJ) and that they say it a lot :laughing:

And I will never not read "Ni" like this

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Yes :(

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Hello!

I am seeing a lovely INTP girl, it's fun locking eyes intensely with her and communicating without words.

I find her to be single focused, meaning that she focuses in a task and her line of thinking can be very linear. Smart, but very structure. Is this all of you?

She is really great, soft spoken, charming, let's me talk. I really like her, are you all this lovely? I have a great male INTP friend, I don't what it is about you but I just love you all! You bring out the best in me, it's grand.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Alright so I am hanging out with this INTP,We've already had sex and were still getting to know each other basically Although I was told that he said he has care for me : ) I find his mind incredibly alluring and just...sexy,he's not bad looking either ; ).The only thing is I have no idea how the conversation goes/If I said anything wrong when were not face to face and when it's over a machine : / So here a conversation we had last night(did I say anything wrong?,I need some input)
Him[INTP]-Hey you

Me[INFP]-Hey : )

Him[INTP]-What's up:)

Me[INFP]-Nothing much just laying here chillin out you?

Him[INTP]-Chilling in car finally getting weed

Me[INFP]-Oh nice
Me[INFP]-I smoked the rest of what was in my bowl I'm hoping at some point I can find some around here

Him[INTP]That's my goal the next 3 days is to find a set dealer

Me[INFP]-Right I miss having a set dealer It makes everything easier it works even better if you get a dealer that's chill

Him[INTP]-Yeah, I don't like college kid dealers, that shit shady sometime
Him[INTP]-Sometimes

Me[INFP]-True.It's because they do it for their own gain,not that most dealers don't but a lot of the college kids don't love what they sell the best dealers are the ones that love weed.

Him[INTP]-That's the way it should be

Me[INFP]-Yeah definetly I feel like if you deal you should grow

Him[INTP]-It puts love into the game, makes it worth something, that's the truth about weed

Me[INFP]-I would love to be able to just feel and harvest it.To be able to bond and fully understand the plant,best way to grow good shit as well.

Him[INTP]-I heard carbonated water helps them grow

Me[INFP]-Really? Neat I wonder how that works

Him[INTP]-Plants thrive on co2 so the water with the carbon in it makes the buds grow 10x bigger because its gets the co2 right inside its system deep. It's traveling with the water

Me[INFP]-Ah that makes sense

Him[INTP]-I'm writing a journal

Me[INFP]-Interesting a ramblin' man journal :p I bet it'd be an interesting read

Him[INTP]-It's gonna be crazy lol

Me[INFP]-haha I bet or it could end up being some awesome evidence of future genius

And then the conversation stale mated.....
(I feel like i'm violating his privacy in a way posting this,and it makes me feel awful,but man I just want to know... : / )

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
I can't really see anything at all about issues with the conversation. Unless there were some non-verbal cues. He volunteered that he had a journal so wanted you to know that. Maybe he was just mad you were high and he wasn't :)

Are you uncomfortable with gaps in conversation? I know I tend to like shared comfortable silences - particularly if there isn't anything of interest to just talk about. I'll just blank for a bit and hope the other person doesn't mind.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I can't really see anything at all about issues with the conversation. Unless there were some non-verbal cues. He volunteered that he had a journal so wanted you to know that. Maybe he was just mad you were high and he wasn't :)

Are you uncomfortable with gaps in conversation? I know I tend to like shared comfortable silences - particularly if there isn't anything of interest to just talk about. I'll just blank for a bit and hope the other person doesn't mind.
Thanks for the Input : ) It's not that I mind conversation gaps,but when talking online with someone I find it awkward and at times uncomfortable.It's easier for me to gauge the other person's emotions/reactions face to face talking online,over a machine makes a barrier I find uncomfortable.When we were face to face we would have silences,both phase out to our own worlds which I didn't find the least awkward then we would look at each other and just laugh,It was nice actually.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Thanks for the Input : ) It's not that I mind conversation gaps,but when talking online with someone I find it awkward and at times uncomfortable.It's easier for me to gauge the other person's emotions/reactions face to face talking online,over a machine makes a barrier I find uncomfortable.When we were face to face we would have silences,both phase out to our own worlds which I didn't find the least awkward then we would look at each other and just laugh,It was nice actually.
Oh I missed the first few sentences about it being an online conversation. Those are so unpredictable to me unless both of you plan on having a set time to chat and you want to talk about certain things. If it's a spontaneous thing, it can catch me off guard. I'm waiting for the other person to take a conversation somewhere and then run with it rather than worrying about what topics to bring up and talk about.

Reactions: eks

·
Registered
962 Posts
Him[INTP]-Plants thrive on co2 so the water with the carbon in it makes the buds grow 10x bigger because its gets the co2 right inside its system deep. It's traveling with the water
CO[sub]2[/sub] :) Lower case c's and o's hurt my eyes. I have even seen a cobalt (Co[sub]2[/sub]) extinguisher at a research station, what a shocker.

3041 - 3060 of 7821 Posts