Personality Cafe banner

7761 - 7780 of 7812 Posts

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
So this is an issue I've had for a while now. Not sure if it's something I can get help with from an online forum, but I've exhausted all other avenues and I'm approaching desperation.

I absolutely, positively cannot leave my house for anything without having well over a dozen women and men, children and granparents all approach me for my number. I don't care if I haven't showered in days and am wearing a literal garbage bag (with garbage in it), without fail I am inundated with humans of every shape and size and sexual orientation coming up to me and telling me I'm the most beautiful thing they've ever seen and need to make long and passionate love to me in every available orifice.

Frankly this has gotten to the point where I am considering ending it all. Being constantly told how incredibly sweet and lovely I am makes me want to gag. Life is honestly not worth living if I have to endlessly endure all this adoration.
Please help me.

·
Registered
256 Posts
So this is an issue I've had for a while now. Not sure if it's something I can get help with from an online forum, but I've exhausted all other avenues and I'm approaching desperation.

I absolutely, positively cannot leave my house for anything without having well over a dozen women and men, children and granparents all approach me for my number. I don't care if I haven't showered in days and am wearing a literal garbage bag (with garbage in it), without fail I am inundated with humans of every shape and size and sexual orientation coming up to me and telling me I'm the most beautiful thing they've ever seen and need to make long and passionate love to me in every available orifice.

Frankly this has gotten to the point where I am considering ending it all. Being constantly told how incredibly sweet and lovely I am makes me want to gag. Life is honestly not worth living if I have to endlessly endure all this adoration.
Please help me.
what is it you feel you need, or what direction is it pulling you to? other peoples opinions wont matter when they, or you, are dead because it is related more to your perception of things. who are you living for? i know, feel, understand where you are coming from, having lived through it and still have a few battle wounds left over.

give us, or me, more info to go on pls

·
Registered
28,894 Posts

Please help me.
It may be time to cancel your phone service. This will be a big step for you, but know that it will pay off in the end.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Wait wait, I've got an idea. Do you own a MAGA cap, @that?

Depending on where you live it might either solve your problem or make it worse.

Reactions: that

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Wait wait, I've got an idea. Do you own a MAGA cap, @that?

Depending on where you live it might either solve your problem or make it worse.
I even tried this. Thus, the grandmas and grandpas who all came and showed me how they could take out their teeth and nudged me with their pointy elbows and either winked or had momentary spasms. I just cannot escape this curse!

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
It may be time to cancel your phone service. This will be a big step for you, but know that it will pay off in the end.
Good idea, actually. I'll call now....
But wait! They'll want my email too. And then my mailing address! I cannot see how this can be solved until I give on society completely and live as a hermit in the woods....
But wait! The bears and wolves will start coming to my door, panting. And the cougars! Oh how the cougars wills surround me! Prattling on about their lousy husbands and ungrateful children.
I can't! I can't!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts

Please help me.
Get rid of the beard

Weave a bag out of the hair

Pull it over your face

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I even tried this. Thus, the grandmas and grandpas who all came and showed me how they could take out their teeth and nudged me with their pointy elbows and either winked or had momentary spasms. I just cannot escape this curse!
In the interests of NOT being on the receiving end of similar mental images to this I think I'll stop helping you. You're on your own fam.

·
Registered
9w1 sp
2,691 Posts

Please help me.

(lmao)

Wait... you mean being a "nice guy" actually makes people like you romantically? And people tell you how nice you are all the time so you must be very nice. But I thought being a nice guy would make people just friendzone you :unsure:?

·
Registered
28,894 Posts
Good idea, actually. I'll call now....
But wait! They'll want my email too. And then my mailing address! I cannot see how this can be solved until I give on society completely and live as a hermit in the woods....
But wait! The bears and wolves will start coming to my door, panting. And the cougars! Oh how the cougars wills surround me! Prattling on about their lousy husbands and ungrateful children.
I can't! I can't!
Sorry for the late reply.

You're not you when you're hungry. Eat a snickers.

·
Registered
28,894 Posts
(lmao)

Wait... you mean being a "nice guy" actually makes people like you romantically? And people tell you how nice you are all the time so you must be very nice. But I thought being a nice guy would make people just friendzone you :unsure:?
It depends on you ask. Being called a nice guy by someone else doesn't really mean anything. What's more important is self-identity and how you choose to view yourself.

·
Registered
9w1 sp
2,691 Posts
It depends on you ask. Being called a nice guy by someone else doesn't really mean anything. What's more important is self-identity and how you choose to view yourself.

Huh? I was referring to those guys who believe they are nice guys and also believe that women are not interested in nice guys (or they say this, anyway...).

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Huh? I was referring to those guys who believe they are nice guys and also believe that women are not interested in nice guys (or they say this, anyway...).
just curious...is the female equivalent those that constantly bemoan they can never meet a nice guy?

is it a self fulfilling prophecy for them both?

What are their differences?

Do they differ in treatment by the public?

Are there any solutions to appropriately addressing their self victimization or perceived threats?

is there a correlation between the rise of the nice 'nice guy' and zero tolerance anti-bullying laws? an invasive species allowed to flourish rather than being taken out by toxic masculinity ala darwinism?

·
Registered
9w1 sp
2,691 Posts
just curious...is the female equivalent those that constantly bemoan they can never meet a nice guy?

is it a self fulfilling prophecy for them both?

What are their differences?

Do they differ in treatment by the public?

Are there any solutions to appropriately addressing their self victimization or perceived threats?

is there a correlation between the rise of the nice 'nice guy' and zero tolerance anti-bullying laws? an invasive species allowed to flourish rather than being taken out by toxic masculinity ala darwinism?
Hm, I'm not quite sure what the deal is with either. I guess believing women don't want you because you're too good of person (what a laugh!) is more palatable than thinking they bypassed you possibly because of certain other traits you have.

Not sure about the women as I've not encountered that many (that I knew of anyway). Wouldn't surprise me if they're blaming orher people for their dating flops to cover for personal insecurities too. Maybe they're really afraid of getting hurt... or both. If they keep quickly mentally rejecting men as losers they're obviously not going to find one to be with.

Solutions? Therapy for sure, lol.
Not sure about your other questions.

No, no. Nice guys are just ugly people who cannot be allowed to be mate. This is the will of the force.
Lol even the force is against them. I like it.

·
Registered
28,894 Posts
Hm, I'm not quite sure what the deal is with either. I guess believing women don't want you because you're too good of person (what a laugh!) is more palatable than thinking they bypassed you possibly because of certain other traits you have.

Not sure about the women as I've not encountered that many (that I knew of anyway). Wouldn't surprise me if they're blaming orher people for their dating flops to cover for personal insecurities too. Maybe they're really afraid of getting hurt... or both. If they keep quickly mentally rejecting men as losers they're obviously not going to find one to be with.

Solutions? Therapy for sure, lol.
Not sure about your other questions.

Lol even the force is against them. I like it.
It appears that PerC is indeed influenced by Facebook. Note the related threads shown toward the bottom of this webpage. The first one brings about attractive people. All because I wrote the word "ugly?"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I have an INTP boyfriend who I love with all my heart. We get each other in every way and I've never met someone I'm so mentally in tune with. One thing. A lot of bad things have happened since we got together. Just hardships in life among other things. Since then he has fallen into depression. We live together. The caveat, I am the sole source of income in our relationship. I pay his phone bill. I pay his car insurance. I pay for literally everything. He has not worked for almost a year and a half. When we first moved in we agreed to do a 50/50 split. He lost his job. We agreed that he would start trade school which would take 3 months. That was a year and a half ago. He never started. I would ask when he would start or if he has a plan. I try to encourage him by giving a bunch of ideas that are within his interests. I give him options and job postings I've seen and try to encourage plans for entrepreneurship since that is what he eventually wants to do. He does appreciate it most of the time. But when I start to ask say once a week, he grows upset. I try to ask nicely without prodding and it has made him grow more and more upset. He doesn't finish what he starts a lot of times even when it comes to helping out with household chores. At one point I worked two jobs. I ask him to at least help around the house which he hardly does. He doesn't even put in new toilet paper, he will leave the empty roll and put the new toilet paper on top of the sink. He won't help clean. He doesn't do laundry. He doesn't cook for me. He doesn't do anything. He plays games and he sleeps. He will help when I ask sometimes but only if I ask. And even when I do, it is begrudgingly. He says it's common sense to not ask about it since he brought it up before and I should know better about how it stresses him out. We have argued a lot over it. I think that he is under the belief that because we are getting by and that my paycheck covers to allow us to go paycheck to paycheck that I am not in some huge financial need for him to work to contribute to rent/etc. The thing is I also found out I have a disease recently. He researches all about it and tries to give me helpful tips and does take care of me. However in the grand scheme of things, I would think he would care about me too. I am also depressed and suffering. I hold it in and try not to impose it on him. I have had to work two jobs to support us at one point. I know he wants to be with me and wants to work and has said things like when we have kids he doesn't want me working and he will support me. He always promises he will support me and he shows gratitude that I am holding the fort down, but I am confused what I can do about it since I see no end in sight. I want to know how to encourage him to start his career. I feel trapped in that I can't ask him when he will start contributing. I feel trapped because I don't want to make him upset or fall deeper into depression. Any of you fellow INTPs have any insight on how to handle a this delicate situation?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Hi all, I have an INTP boyfriend who I love with all my heart. We get each other in every way and I've never met someone I'm so mentally in tune with. One thing. A lot of bad things have happened since we got together. Just hardships in life among other things. Since then he has fallen into depression. We live together. The caveat, I am the sole source of income in our relationship. I pay his phone bill. I pay his car insurance. I pay for literally everything. He has not worked for almost a year and a half. When we first moved in we agreed to do a 50/50 split. He lost his job. We agreed that he would start trade school which would take 3 months. That was a year and a half ago. He never started. I would ask when he would start or if he has a plan. I try to encourage him by giving a bunch of ideas that are within his interests. I give him options and job postings I've seen and try to encourage plans for entrepreneurship since that is what he eventually wants to do. He does appreciate it most of the time. But when I start to ask say once a week, he grows upset. I try to ask nicely without prodding and it has made him grow more and more upset. He doesn't finish what he starts a lot of times even when it comes to helping out with household chores. At one point I worked two jobs. I ask him to at least help around the house which he hardly does. He doesn't even put in new toilet paper, he will leave the empty roll and put the new toilet paper on top of the sink. He won't help clean. He doesn't do laundry. He doesn't cook for me. He doesn't do anything. He plays games and he sleeps. He will help when I ask sometimes but only if I ask. And even when I do, it is begrudgingly. He says it's common sense to not ask about it since he brought it up before and I should know better about how it stresses him out. We have argued a lot over it. I think that he is under the belief that because we are getting by and that my paycheck covers to allow us to go paycheck to paycheck that I am not in some huge financial need for him to work to contribute to rent/etc. The thing is I also found out I have a disease recently. He researches all about it and tries to give me helpful tips and does take care of me. However in the grand scheme of things, I would think he would care about me too. I am also depressed and suffering. I hold it in and try not to impose it on him. I have had to work two jobs to support us at one point. I know he wants to be with me and wants to work and has said things like when we have kids he doesn't want me working and he will support me. He always promises he will support me and he shows gratitude that I am holding the fort down, but I am confused what I can do about it since I see no end in sight. I want to know how to encourage him to start his career. I feel trapped in that I can't ask him when he will start contributing. I feel trapped because I don't want to make him upset or fall deeper into depression. Any of you fellow INTPs have any insight on how to handle a this delicate situation?
You give him a deadline to get started on something, like starting trade school, and simply end things and move out if he doesn't meet it. Be level with him, show him your post and get across that promises aren't cutting it anymore. You're supposed to be a couple, but functionally this is coming across as a mommy/dependent relationship and he will continue like this as long as you let him.

As things are, you're the enabler of a self-perpetuating cycle he has no reason to break and it's just stunting his growth. So kicking him in the ass is a favour to the both of you and a crisis is usually what it takes.

7761 - 7780 of 7812 Posts