Personality Cafe banner

7801 - 7804 of 7804 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello Everyone,
I met on INTP online, we agreed on no relationship. We connected and we had sex, and we continue to have communication via text. We agreed that a FWB would be okay, and we are not exclusive. We have sex a few more times. Still communicating via text.

The texting has been maybe from once a day, to a few times a week, just random and not extensive amount. Things has been lay back, and this has been going on for about 7 months. Since the CoVid 19 we been texting to each other once a day. All of a sudden no text back after a few texts to him and it's been a week. I am confused. I haven't done anything nor have I ask for more than what was agreed. I am not sure what happen. I did say, "If I knew what I knew now I would have hugged him longer since last time I saw him was early January". I will admit I like him, but I understand our agreement. The only thing I have done is try to be his friend, the sex part was secondary. I give him space, and I am respectful. My last text was just to check up on him because I was concern, since he lived by himself, I know he was worried about his business and isolated because of the social distance thing. I had a person whom I knew just killed themselves just this last weekend due to depression and isolation. I didn't share that part with my INTP. I just want to make sure he was okay. Sometimes I get a feeling that he is stressed and depressed. I really do care about him, but he never text me back to let me know if he was okay. I just don't get it. (PS sorry about the grammar and spelling)
You sound super attached to him, way beyond what's normal for a friend. Clingy even.
Still there's not enough context for me to know what it could be. Maybe he's sick, maybe he picked up on the neediness and it put him off, maybe he just needs the distance .

Whatever the reason, he doesn't wanna talk,so do something about your excess attachment in the meantime before it bites you in the ass.
Lol, i agree with @Necrofantasia. Maybe he have something important so he need to focus. Just tell him that you’re worry with him and ask his condition. Don’t ask question more that that, unless he tells you. It’s the best support for INTP who in trouble or focus on something. Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lol, i agree with @Necrofantasia. Maybe he have something important so he need to focus. Just tell him that you’re worry with him and ask his condition. Don’t ask question more that that, unless he tells you. It’s the best support for INTP who in trouble or focus on something. Good luck!

Thank you Necrofantasia and monkeydragon for both your honesty! I needed that...ugh clingy/excess. I am better than that. I think being in lock-down, and dealing with the suicide I am bit out of sorts. Prior to this forum I've already texted him to check on his condition. I am sure he is focus on his business and getting the stimulus loan. I'm backing off, and at this point I don't want to send another text. I want to give him space. He can text me when he's ready. I really appreciate your feedback.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay, I'm going to apologise in advance for the angsty crush post, but I've been second guessing myself a tonnn and an outside opinion would be really nice right now.

So I've known this INTP for about two years. We became relatively close friends about a year ago, and I started liking him around December. Since the quarantine started, we've become a LOT closer at a surprising speed. (Before, he might have been in my top seven friends- now, he's easily in my top three.) We had two four hour phone calls last week (I offered both times, but both times he seemed disappointed when we had to hang up and would try to extend the conversation a little), plus we've had a number of text conversations debating things or sending each other memes. He gave me permission to vent to him the other day, and after letting me ramble for a few minutes, asked if memes would help and proceeded to do his best to calm me down through internet culture lol.

Honestly, I shouldn't be second guessing myself as much as I am, because at the very least I think we're obviously good friends, but I guess I'm struggling to tell whether we're just really good friends or if there's something more. There's been no obvious flirting, but I know flirting isn't generally the strong suit of an INTP. I'm planning to see if I can talk to him about it today or tomorrow, just because I'm sick of not knowing, but I want to make sure I don't do anything to screw up the friendship at all, so if anybody thinks that telling him is a horrible idea, please let me know.

Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Any update on that? Just wondering.

Generally speaking, it's about the emotional freedom for us. If we feel like we can freely express ourselves, and we're allowed to just be where we're at, it's fine.

So let's say you bring it up and find out he doesn't like you that way. If you're still cool with being friends after, nothing would change. he just needs to feel like he has the freedom to say yes (or no) without being forced in a direction.

I don't know if this is me personally or an INTP thing, but I also don't want to screw up my friendships when feelings get involved. If that is an INTP thing, your goals would align and it would go smoothly. I really value my friendships too.

7801 - 7804 of 7804 Posts