Personality Cafe banner

7821 - 7824 of 7824 Posts

·
Registered
INTP
4,206 Posts
Oho, okay. It's positive that you got to talk to him over the phone, one step closer to The Real Deal. How was the vibe?

Liitle bit of an early red flag, imo.
Vibe was fine. Still seems like a good guy and ISFP. Call was only 8 minutes--yay!

Red flag? It's me that doesn't want to ask. Especially in text. 🚩! I'll ask lots of questions when we meet. Thanks.

·
Registered
INTP
4,206 Posts
I figured Boat Man as ISFP when we were texting. In person he was very intelligent and interesting. Not so sure about ISFP diagnosis now, but I can't think what else he might be. Anyway, we respected each other but somehow not a match.

Now I'm on my way to third date with a man who I think is INTP. Very good to talk to, but somehow I think a bit too "P" for me. (I tested about 51% P and 49% J.)

So tell me what you think about this theory, based on various people I've known: Maybe I'd be best off with someone who is one letter off, e.g., ISTP, INFP, INTJ. (Not ENTP! Gah.)

Some say ENTJ is our best match, but I really can't see it.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I figured Boat Man as ISFP when we were texting. In person he was very intelligent and interesting. Not so sure about ISFP diagnosis now, but I can't think what else he might be. Anyway, we respected each other but somehow not a match.

Now I'm on my way to third date with a man who I think is INTP. Very good to talk to, but somehow I think a bit too "P" for me. (I tested about 51% P and 49% J.)

So tell me what you think about this theory, based on various people I've known: Maybe I'd be best off with someone who is one letter off, e.g., ISTP, INFP, INTJ. (Not ENTP! Gah.)

Some say ENTJ is our best match, but I really can't see it.
It all depends on values, believes, upbringing, interests, energy, IQ range, physical attraction, etc. MBTI hardly accounts for a tenth of those criteria - plus people within one type can be so very different individually (like you said "too P" - yes, I find many IP people too P myself, probably because I was practically raised EJ and therefore more proactive, tidy, structured, etc. compared to your average INTP. Nature versus nurture).

That said, I happen to be drawn to the following (note: not because that is what they are, but because what I like/respond to seems to come from those quarters a great deal more):
  • Ti/Fe axis
    The 'problem' is probably Fi, too rigid to my taste. I seem to blend a lot better with Ti/Fe users, at least romantically. It's a communication thing, mostly; also makes me feel more appreciated and understood.
  • iNtuitives
    Here, I think, the greatest correlation with IQ exists. Wavelength and a similar level of intelligence, for me, are absolutely necessary.
  • INFJ
    If I had to pick one type, purely theoretical. They qualify for the above two, plus come with the best balance: different (interesting, learn, grow) yet enough common ground (communication, understanding, harmony).

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have another question, my INTP (also my FWB) takes pictures of me on his Cell Phone every time we hang out. Should I feel weird about this, or should I just take it as a complement. Is this a normal thing with INTPs?
I think it's weird. I rarely take the time to view photos on my phone gallery, even to see the people I like. You should ask him :unsure:

7821 - 7824 of 7824 Posts