Personality Cafe banner

61 - 80 of 7804 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
You just have to believe and it will happen, or actually I think the applicable advice here is stop thinking about it and it will just happen.
Anyway, good luck
But the thought is the first step to manifesting action.

Nothing just happens out of the blue.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
But the thought is the first step to manifesting action.

Nothing just happens out of the blue.
I disagree with that, at least to an extent.

You're right that the thought is the first step to manifesting directed action, but I think the point here is that allowing oneself to stop overanalyzing a situation will result in things being allowed to run their course more naturally.

A situation will always have a result even if you refrain from consciously thinking over your actions before making them; you're just taking a less active approach and passively letting the cards fall where they may.

The moral of the story?

Ease the throttle on the T just a bit, and double down on the N.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
So for those of you having trouble...

the short of the messages here is that the primary problem is you

so one of the big questions is... what's holding you back? *aside from being an intp*

There's only so much fapping some of us can take about how you don't have any self confidence, you're living under a rock and waiting for the world to end without ever knowing what love may be...

so here's another question for you... are any of you actually confident in other areas?

If so... share those areas with us... and maybe we can turn your passion filled interest of collecting third world stamps into a guide for how to lick your potential love interests into a relationship.

*(and for those looking to date an intp... we could also go over how to manipulate their interests into an attracting trap

Visualizing a relationship is better served when you've got some private time to yourself. The post buddhist zen philosophy, there's plenty of fish in the sea, well that's all fine and dandy... but if you can't even manage to get a date, let's not jump towards plotting your future shotgun wedding just yet.)

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,240 Posts
I make a tit of a cup of tea.

I've often admired the beauty of women breast feeding infants as a form of art and nature... however, when the world capitalizes on nature and twists it for marketability reasons, it takes the entire sentimentality and nature out of it and makes it repulsive and disturbing. Thread Link

For example, in London, there's a restaurant that sells breast milk ice cream.... yes... breast milk from women... not goats, not cows, not sheeps.... women.

I believe I read or saw a video somewhere also that there's a cafe where they order breast milk to coffee and tea from waitresses breast... pumped right then and there... Perhaps your forte, sir?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
They must go through waitresses rather quickly since women tend to lactate for a limited period of time, I think. Perhaps hormone treatment can remedy that, I wouldn’t know.

In any case, the world is crazy place.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
You just have to believe and it will happen, or actually I think the applicable advice here is stop thinking about it and it will just happen.
Anyway, good luck
It gets harder to believe the older you get. Becoming 30 isn't really helping. Tried not thinking about it. But people in video games(other players), anime, work, and even relatives usually bring the topic back up into the thought processes. Lack of social life also makes that plan a little unreliable. lol. I should just probably face the fact I am going to end up like my Uncle. Just more hermit-ish like.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I have many leather-bound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
If you're looking for a chick that might be into that... book mending and preservation comes to mind as a topical interest to explore or exploit and to find those that might know what a book might be.

While it's a bit of a sausage fest... there are still plenty of women into it and developing an addiction to the glue keeps them coming back for more.

It's pretty evenly split with a mix of gilfs and naughty librarians... the younger chicks (which is pretty much anyone under 40 in this crowd) are usually split between those with daddy issues and gothic lolita fetishes.

Be sure to avoid the scrapbook chicks... while they tend to look on the more traditional side, 99% of them are nuts.

The scent of old leather and mahogany, what self respecting naughty librarian could resist?

Potential pickup lines: "How would you like to come over and run your hands over my leathers while I polish my wood"

You might also have some game with the historians, antiquities dealers, etc...

some more details on the genres would be useful.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
"historians, antiquities dealers, etc"

Might I assume that this would mean I could snag an INFP? That would be fantastic!

INFP's are probably my favorite types, following a fellow INTP. :swoon:

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I make a tit of a cup of tea.
Are you familiar with the art of making tea?

It's a real dom and sub's game... with every culture having a specific way as to how they prefer their tea to be brewed.

And we could also get into the preferences on the types of tea...

whether you prefer to get tea bagged or would rather tea bag yourself

or play up the fun of reading tea leaves.... which is decent enough, in that romantically dorky sort of way, to lean into a bit of flirting.

As with anything... there are social groups and avenues to explore and exploit for getting to know people and meeting someone that shares your enthusiasm for tea, be it a benny hill sketch or not.

(... and even managed to avoid a discussion on the other side of tea rooms or cottaging....)

Is there a type of chick or person you're interested in... or are you willing open to hanging your tea bags out for anyone?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts

Might I assume that this would mean I could snag an INFP? That would be fantastic!

There's a decent probability...

if you're going the book mending route and it's a situation that calls for the glue... just let the fumes over take your senses enough to allow the infp guide you through the process even if you're compelled to do it better once they leave the room...

leaning on the stereotypes, if they feel like they're actually helping you... it's a boost to their ego and it opens the doorway to gaining their affections more than dealing with a know it all prick to which they have nothing to offer or is unwilling to accept what they can offer.

The same could apply to some intp chicks... but they're more of a mixed bag, if only there seems to be more variables in how their profile is expressed. In my experiences... you can throw them for a loop with a cheesy line... they will recognize it's a cheesy line but if you're able to laugh it off but maintain that smoldering intense (non death) stare... but you might have to skip the glue and show off your threading skills.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts

I have to say, you had me at old books.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
3. If you're 'intelligent', knowledgeable (and other similar words), it is a bonus (Read: requirement). It's impossible for us to be stimulated (and hence, interested) if all you talk about is Gossip Girls, or something.
Don't be intimidated by this, it's not as scary as it sounds. We're not expecting you to know all about quantum mechanics or whatever. (Our intellectual tastes are wide-ranging, so there's probably a 95% chance that you probably don't know anything we're nattering on about today, but that's okay. Most INTPs *love* playing the teacher. <cough> something to keep in mind in other game-playing, perhaps...) And it's not about "winning." It's really about being willing to play the game. If you're somebody without a well-developed 'T,' this might hurt your head a bit, but we'll buy you Tylenol <puppy dog eyes>

But, yeah, as one profile put it, "Looks are important, but an intellectual connection is *essential*."

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
See, that to me is ambiguous. Not talking much and not paying attention, to me, are signs of lack of interest. And from the threads I've seen spawn up, this appears to be the major issue, how to tell regular interested I'm-not-paying-attention-to-you to the kind caused by lack of interest. Can anyone shade this out for me, please?

I've never felt like INTPs were emotionless. But I have known some who were sort of in a bubble. Maybe they can tend to forget that the things they say or do have emotional consequences for others in ways that the sme things might not for them, like the example above with the shirt. Like people shouldn't fish for compliments, but in my experience when they DO start fishing it's because they don't feel like they're being noticed, right? So you an cut off some of those annoying behaviors in others by thinking ahead of them, like a big gooey game of chess that ends in sex.
Hmm. Well, *before* the relationship starts, INTPs often go into Plausible Deniablity Mode. The main thing to look for here is, are they making excuses to be with you, or excuses to get away from you? An INTP with a crush will almost certainly make excuses to be with you, but in such a way that they might plausibly deny that they are interested in you. An INTP won't "reveal" their interest until they're 100% sure that you feel the same way.

Within a relationship, I would say that INTPs are probably more likely to show affection through action than through words. For INTPs, thanks to that inferior Fe, emotion is very much a physical thing. A lot of INTPs think they don't love their parents too much, because they don't *physically* express that love. One of the reasons INTPs are such horny bastards is that it's one of the few ways we're absolutely confident that we can show how much we care about you.

Another thing to keep in mind is that INTPs, for all their intellectual complexity, are emotionally very *simple* and childlike. If you ask us how we feel, expect us to tell you how we feel in short sentences consisting of monosyllables. And that's really all we have to say, because that pretty much exhausts how we feel. But, at the same time, we feel those simple and pure emotions very intensely.

We're also not terribly likely to reassure you that they way we feel hasn't changed. We *can* be trained out of think, I think, it's just that we think it's so obvious that it doesn't need restating. It'd be like constantly pointing out that the sky is blue or whatever.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
One thing I WILL say for the record is that INTPs can remember the strangest things that might mean something to a partner. It might not be the thing that constantly bothers you that you wish they would anticipate, but it might be that one time you went to a park and you were delighted by the ducks on the pond and waxing poetic about the shapes of the ripples on the water, and they might bring you a calendar of ducks and water scenes like eight months later for Christmas. Er... that's a made-up completely hypoethetical story. And I think regardless, this is yet ANOTHER example of why open communication is absolutely essential to any relationship--ESPECIALLY when it is not comfortable for you to engage in it (simply because it's something that has to be developed for a relationship to work).

Thank you again ;)
Heh :) On a related note, how to thank an INTP: Being thanked for something an INTP considers minimally decent behavior makes an INTP *really* uncomfortable. And INTPs have *very* high standards for their own behavior. (On the other hand we really don't give a crap what *other* people do, just so long as it doesn't affect us or the people we care about.) If an INTP *does* do something to make you happy, the way to thank them is to tell them in as much detail as you can *how* they made you happy, so they can update their models of you and do it again in the future.

Nothing makes an INTP happier than using their leet analytical skills to make somebody they care about happy.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
@Promethea Keeping an INTP thread on topic is a job for King Canute. Maybe we should just make this thread a clearinghouse of links to INTP romance threads? and link those threads back to here? Sort like a wiki of INTP romance?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I've often admired the beauty of women breast feeding infants as a form of art and nature... however, when the world capitalizes on nature and twists it for marketability reasons, it takes the entire sentimentality and nature out of it and makes it repulsive and disturbing. Thread Link

For example, in London, there's a restaurant that sells breast milk ice cream.... yes... breast milk from women... not goats, not cows, not sheeps.... women.

I believe I read or saw a video somewhere also that there's a cafe where they order breast milk to coffee and tea from waitresses breast... pumped right then and there... Perhaps your forte, sir?
I wonder if they sell Nippoleon ice cream.

61 - 80 of 7804 Posts