Personality Cafe banner

1081 - 1100 of 7821 Posts

·
King of Seduction
7,203 Posts
Reason #124343 to date an INTP male.
Even though he can make you easily orgasm with oral he decides that he wants to know more about vaginas so he reads a 115 pg book on it.
Because it's not really about getting you off - it's about getting you off better then you could even imagine.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Would you INTPs date another INTP?
Obviously I'm not trying to determine if one type fits with another type, but more about, how much is too much in common?
Is that even possible?

·
King of Seduction
7,203 Posts
Obviously I'm not trying to determine if one type fits with another type, but more about, how much is too much in common?
Is that even possible?
Just because you share functions doesn't mean you'd have that much in common.
Just hang around the thread enough and you can figure out stuff like - holy shit I am nothing like these other INTPs - in terms of our interests and such.

To answer your question: I'd date any type if I found them attractive and worthy of my time.
Types have little bearing on me dating someone.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just because you share functions doesn't mean you'd have that much in common.
Just hang around the thread enough and you can figure out stuff like - holy shit I am nothing like these other INTPs - in terms of our interests and such.

To answer your question: I'd date any type if I found them attractive and worthy of my time.
Types have little bearing on me dating someone.
Oh, I guess I should have been more specific?
We have a lot in common already, which is why I was wondering if functions was just "too much", so to speak.

Perhaps this is just the whole "opposites attract" thing being drilled into my head? I don't know.

·
King of Seduction
7,203 Posts
Oh, I guess I should have been more specific?
We have a lot in common already, which is why I was wondering if functions was just "too much", so to speak.

Perhaps this is just the whole "opposites attract" thing being drilled into my head? I don't know.
Probably - I don't really prescribe to this idea that there is a right answer for who you should be attracted to.
For instance with me sometimes opposites attract - as in I like someone who is a bit more decisive then I am.
But I don't like people who are overly decisive to the point of being bull-headed.
So in that instance could I find someone who isn't decisive, like myself, more attractive? Of course.
Attraction and myself (in a long term perspective) is all about a culmination of the all the greys coming together to form a grand picture of the person and if I think I like them.
In true INTP fashion I trust no ones opinion but my own. I listen to opinions but it comes down to my analysis.
The MBTI dating theories seem pretty weak to me. Opposites attract is too simple.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Probably - I don't really prescribe to this idea that there is a right answer for who you should be attracted to.
For instance with me sometimes opposites attract - as in I like someone who is a bit more decisive then I am.
But I don't like people who are overly decisive to the point of being bull-headed.
So in that instance could I find someone who isn't decisive, like myself, more attractive? Of course.
Attraction and myself (in a long term perspective) is all about a culmination of the all the greys coming together to form a grand picture of the person and if I think I like them.
In true INTP fashion I trust no ones opinion but my own. I listen to opinions but it comes down to my analysis.
The MBTI dating theories seem pretty weak to me. Opposites attract is too simple.
Thanks, that helped a bit. I have no doubt that no matter what anyone said I was planing on trying this relationship out.
I think I'm just in my head too much right now.

·
King of Seduction
7,203 Posts
Thanks, that helped a bit. I have no doubt that no matter what anyone said I was planing on trying this relationship out.
I think I'm just in my head too much right now.
No problem.
Just remember you know yourself and what you want better then any personality quizzes lol.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Is that even possible?
*has been with two consecutively, wonderfully stimulating and fun and easy on the communication* : P definitely possible. Even between INTPs there are differences.

·
Registered
256 Posts
An INTP and I are currently becoming interested in each other. He's confident and rather extroverted around his friends, but aside from that, he's completely INTP to the bone.

Would frequent, direct contact annoy you or scare you off, or would the lack of frequent/direct contact annoy you or bore you away?

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
An INTP and I are currently becoming interested in each other. He's confident and rather extroverted around his friends, but aside from that, he's completely INTP to the bone.

Would frequent, direct contact annoy you or scare you off, or would the lack of frequent/direct contact annoy you or bore you away?
I'm thinking the former. The latter at least puts the ball in our camp to invite, or to explicitly go. The former can be really, really annoying in those stages where the INTP hasn't been able to make sure that they're allowed to say 'no please, I need my space', that it's okay with the other if they keep their space and fill the time spent together in a way that's comfortable for them rather than tense and awkward.

Once an INTP starts to associate 'togetherness' with 'I can't even think my own thoughts or claim my own space' they'll probably start to lose enthusiasm quickly, at least I know I often get that. 'Okay okay you're nice and all but oh my god you don't have to come to my room every evening *its my room, my space, my time, we aren't married yet*'.

·
King of Seduction
7,203 Posts
So I think I figured something out about the ISFP and myself.
I am pretty sure she's a 6 and I guess I am a 6? lol well either way it's a trait I have - if it's dominant or not is not important.

Anyway I thought about why we're different and I stubbled across counter-phobic and phobic 6s.
Now it kinda makes more sense.
I would classify myself as having much more of a counter-phobic stance on things then she does.
When it came to our relationship I'd challenge problems but I am more phobic about work, I seek and find authority figures to guide me.

I would say she's phobic in both of those instances.
But at least now I get why we could both be 6s and be quite different in our interactions with one another.

The more exposure I have to something the more I tend to be counter-phobic.
I thought that was a trait of everyone but now that I think about it, I guess she is still quite phobic about things that she's had success with - particularly work.

So much of my confusion about her thinking has centered around this issue for her. It's almost like despite her success she still has fear that she can end up like some uneducated college kid and she essentially needs me to assure her that worry is nuts.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Being confident and extroverted around friends is normal for an INTP. We reveal more of ourselves with people we like. And trust. To answer your question, I think frequent contact and being direct is good. But this should be taken with a grain of salt. We like our own space and time of solitude. I would be annoyed if someone I am interested in needed to hang out everyday. BUT, showing interest is important. This flatters us and if we realize that you are putting yourself out there, then we will reciprocate. (If we are interested.) In the beginning, if you completely disregard showing interest then most likely an INTP will quickly grow bored of you and move on. That being said, you just need to find the right balance of being involved and giving space. Good luck.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Is there a way to tell if an INTP is interested in you romantically or just as a friend?
I've recently tried to catch the attention of one and get to know him a little better and when I told him that he seemed pretty happy to the point where he wouldn't stop talking and then complained that he wasn't good at keeping conversations going even though he barely left me room to speak. When he catches my eyes he smiles and he's showing signs of liking me back but what is confusing me is that there is another girl who is convinced he likes her. I haven't asked for any details but shes a pretty healthy INFJ so I'm guessing she is also good at reading ques of this kind.
While I like him very much I don't know if it's worth getting myself mixed in to this or not since I've known the girl and been on good terms with her for a very long while.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Is there a way to tell if an INTP is interested in you romantically or just as a friend?
I've recently tried to catch the attention of one and get to know him a little better and when I told him that he seemed pretty happy to the point where he wouldn't stop talking and then complained that he wasn't good at keeping conversations going even though he barely left me room to speak. When he catches my eyes he smiles and he's showing signs of liking me back but what is confusing me is that there is another girl who is convinced he likes her. I haven't asked for any details but shes a pretty healthy INFJ so I'm guessing she is also good at reading ques of this kind.
While I like him very much I don't know if it's worth getting myself mixed in to this or not since I've known the girl and been on good terms with her for a very long while.
Don't rely on that girl's opinion, that's sure.

As for the rest, either you wait a bit and see, or you can act by asking him about his feelings or reveal yours.

·
Banned
701 Posts
As for me, if I smile to you when I'm not talking to you, then I am romantically interested in you. Otherwise I wouldn't smile because the feelings I have towards you would not be worth a genuine smile.

1081 - 1100 of 7821 Posts