Personality Cafe banner

1401 - 1420 of 7821 Posts

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Girls:
If you're on a date and a guy had already bought you a drink, and then later offers you a second one, would you accept if you weren't interested? It seems like refusing the second drink would be the easiest way to show you weren't in an easy polite way.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Girls:
If you're on a date and a guy had already bought you a drink, and then later offers you a second one, would you accept if you weren't interested? It seems like refusing the second drink would be the easiest way to show you weren't in an easy polite way.
If I'm ON a date already... like a dinner and/or drinks date, I'm likely interested in the guy. In which case I'd be accepting allofthe drinks.

If I'm at a bar, I try to buy my own drinks because guys seem to expect things when they buy and you accept it. If a guy did buy me a drink and I wasn't interested though - no. I wouldn't accept a second drink.

Reactions: Nordom

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,568 Posts
l would probably take the drink. l would think we were just being friendly like...you know. lt wouldn't register as a cue.

Ask the ESFJ girls.

Reactions: eks and Nordom

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
l would probably take the drink. l would think we were just being friendly like...you know. lt wouldn't register as a cue.

Ask the ESFJ girls.
Well the first drink she did the fake "I'm going to pay thing," and I did the "Your money's no good here," thing that happens virtually every time. The second one was more, "I'll have one if you have one."
I just assume whoever does the asking pays for the first one, but I don't know how these rules work anymore.
If I'm not interested I'm not offering.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,568 Posts
Oh, see. l would have just assumed you were being nice.

But, then l would also assume that even if a guy wasn't really sincerely interested, he'd try to be getting sex anyway. So, for various reasons l don't attempt to understand the entire system:cool:

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Oh, see. l would have just assumed you were being nice.

But, then l would also assume that even if a guy wasn't really sincerely interested, he'd try to be getting sex anyway. So, for various reasons l don't attempt to understand the entire system:cool:
Psssh. Guy just being nice. Psssshh. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Does that ever happen?
Well on a date, yes "nice" because I'm trying to show the best side of myself and maybe want future sexual contact, but that isn't really on my mind on a first date. I just want signals that she may be interested down the line.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,568 Posts
Yes, but you're like all...sincere and stuff.

/ argument is invalid

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Dating is hard. The difficulty is often set to high and the controls are pretty clumsy. No save points makes it even harder.

Maybe the game will be easier when I level up more. My base stats are pretty low at the moment.
Well most guys go

Str 18
Dex 16
Con 18
Int 6
Wis 4
Cha 14

I'd recommend this
Str 13
Dex 12
Con 15
Int 16
Wis 18
Cha 16

Maybe double your starting wealth too

·
Registered
750 Posts
Alright, part 2 of "Sehvral embarasses himself in front of the entire internet"

Third year of college, Geotech lab. Girl asks me to be her lab partner and spends the rest of the semester trying to flirt. I'm not picking up on it at all. Toward the end, one of her friends convinces her to give up the subtle stuff and just do something that's totally unambiguous.

So when I went over to her apartment to do the writeup for our next-to-last lab, she answered the door in her underwear. Veeeery subtle, right? My response: "Oh, sorry, were you changing when I knocked?" Cue the "are you fucking retarded?" look from her :frustrating:

Eventually she just *said* that she was interested. Boom, now I understand. We ended up dating for about 9 months after that.

·
Registered
360 Posts

Third year of college, Geotech lab. Girl asks me to be her lab partner and spends the rest of the semester trying to flirt. I'm not picking up on it at all. Toward the end, one of her friends convinces her to give up the subtle stuff and just do something that's totally unambiguous.

So when I went over to her apartment to do the writeup for our next-to-last lab, she answered the door in her underwear. Veeeery subtle, right? My response: "Oh, sorry, were you changing when I knocked?" Cue the "are you fucking retarded?" look from her :frustrating:

Eventually she just *said* that she was interested. Boom, now I understand. We ended up dating for about 9 months after that.
Aw. What happened to the relationship?

·
Registered
971 Posts
I had to re-read this three times to figure out why she was doing a ''are you retarded'' face. Damn I'm bad.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Exactly how I'd react, haha. I'd be like "Whoops, sorry! I'll come back later, then." and then go hide my red face.

·
Registered
620 Posts

HAHAHAHALMAO.

I often find that I'm less prone to being oblivious when I text others. "Hey, I think this person is giving me subtle clues. The other day, she told me that she loved me and put her head on my shoulder and put her arms around...okay, now that I'm typing this, it's not subtle at all. I am an oblivious motherfucker."

Rubber Duck method. You speak your reasoning out loud and you suddenly realize "I have been an idiot."

·
Registered
126 Posts
My response: "Oh, sorry, were you changing when I knocked?" Cue the "are you fucking retarded?" look from her :frustrating:
That's harsh! How were you supposed to know, anyway? I'm sorry, but I don't think it's evident. It'd never have occurred to me that walking around in your underwear could be an indication of liking someone. Jesus, what about nudists? What if it's just a really hot day? I think it was a perfectly reasonable question to ask. I've actually asked it once before, but in that case I really had just walked in on someone in the middle of getting dressed, so sadly there's no funny anecdote :)

Reactions: sheiskorangi

·
Registered
126 Posts
Girls:
I don't know, free alcohol seems like such a bad way to convey your interest. Most people love free alcohol, or just free things in general, so how likely is it really that they're accepting it because they like you, and not just because they want a drink, and that one is free? I certainly would accept it - provided that person was at least interesting to talk to, regardless of whether I like them as more than friends or not - since after all, I can say I'm not interested whenever I like, which is more direct and less confusing. Besides, if they wanted to know the answer before spending money on drinks - if this matters a lot to them - why not ask before offering to buy anything, then? After you've asked, you can offer that drink or not depending on the answer. And everybody wins. No?

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
I don't know, free alcohol seems like such a bad way to convey your interest. Most people love free alcohol, or just free things in general, so how likely is it really that they're accepting it because they like you, and not just because they want a drink, and that one is free? I certainly would accept it - provided that person was at least interesting to talk to, regardless of whether I like them as more than friends or not - since after all, I can say I'm not interested whenever I like, which is more direct and less confusing. Besides, if they wanted to know the answer before spending money on drinks - if this matters a lot to them - why not ask before offering to buy anything, then? After you've asked, you can offer that drink or not depending on the answer. And everybody wins. No?
Ha - well my real question is how was my intuition off in this instance? I usually have a decent idea if someone is interested. She did the casual touch on the arm a ways into the conversation, was smiling and laughing and asking me interesting questions. Then she gave me her number said something like "Good convo" and told me to call her. I haven't been able to set up something since. I'm not that interested (and probably wasn't until my second beer) but I'm trying to figure out what cues I was missing.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ha - well my real question is how was my intuition off in this instance? I usually have a decent idea if someone is interested. She did the casual touch on the arm a ways into the conversation, was smiling and laughing and asking me interesting questions. Then she gave me her number said something like "Good convo" and told me to call her. I haven't been able to set up something since. I'm not that interested (and probably wasn't until my second beer) but I'm trying to figure out what cues I was missing.
I see... that certainly sounds like she's interested. At least she must have been at the time, why give someone the means to contact you unless you want them to? :)

1401 - 1420 of 7821 Posts