Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own every episode of "Quantum Leap", and I have been watching it with my grandmother for the past several days. (We've just started season 3.)

My grandmother's not doing too well. She's on way too much medication, but she's so OCD about cleaning the house, that she will do it every day and wear herself out doing it. She likes the show very much, and she seems much more relaxed when we watch it.

I think it has to be one of my personal favorite TV shows of all time. If I could get a job doing what Sam does, I think I'd take it- especially if it paid well. I sure have been hurting for cash latley.

·
Registered
836 Posts
i love this show too! it's a good combination of sci-fi and reality.

sorry your grandma isn't doing well, but i like the idea of watching tv episodes end-to-end. so easy to do without commericals.

if you don't have a netflix streaming account, i would recommend getting one. they have so so many seasons of many popular tv shows. i watch so much tv and movies on that.

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've never heard of it. Sell it to me in a paragraph or so.
A scientist from the future (1999 lol), invents a "quantum leap accelerator". He "leaps" into people from the past...he becomes them. His brain is "swischeesed", so he doesn't remember everything about himself. Everybody he interacts with sees him as them, except for his friend who appears in the form of a hollogram that only he can see- (and little children and animals lol).

His mission is to put right what once went wrong. His friend, Al, gives him information on what he is supposed to do. The scientist, Sam Becket- like the playwright :wink:- has no control over who he leaps into or when he leaps. The theory is that it is up to God to decide that. He hopes that eventually he will be able to go back home to the present.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I use to watch that show all the time. What was it ziggy or something like that.
It is nice that you are able to spend time with your grandmother, I am sure she is proud of you.

·
Super Moderator
11,229 Posts
Gosh, it has been a long time since I watched Quantum Leap!

I hope your grandmother does better! I bet she is happy to have you around!

Reactions: Daveman
1 - 8 of 8 Posts