Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the story. I've tested 143 on an official Mensa IQ test and long thought that I was ISTP because of that. However upon digging my Enneagram I found out that I'm Type 4 and ISTP Type 4s are pretty rare so that lead me to being suspicious about MBTI. I knew for sure I was ISxP so upon reading more information about Inferior Te description and Fi-Ni loop, everything all of a sudden made sense and it was scary how much I could relate to all of it

Now my question is what is really Fi and how does it work with logic? Of all the descriptions I've read none mentioned logic, almost all of them mentioned some sort of feel, harmony or values

·
Banned
3,802 Posts
I don't think that being an Fi dom necessarily makes you bad at logic. It's just when it comes down to things you rely more on your subjective values when it comes to decision making. The functions are about preferences, not ability.

·
The spirit of the spirits
11,312 Posts
Here's the story. I've tested 143 on an official Mensa IQ test and long thought that I was ISTP because of that. However upon digging my Enneagram I found out that I'm Type 4 and ISTP Type 4s are pretty rare so that lead me to being suspicious about MBTI.
This quote is real proof of IQ test being a shit.

Now my question is what is really Fi
Fi = fucking ingenuousness

or for noobs introverted feeling

and how does it work with logic?
It's value based logic

Of all the descriptions I've read none mentioned logic, almost all of them mentioned some sort of feel, harmony or values
That's the logic of doing all that stuff. They just don't say logic for people to don't mix it up with T functions, but this actually led to many misconceptions.

·
Registered
235 Posts
A) Your question assumes that an IQ test only measures one kind of intelligence (internal logical reasoning), instead of the more likely answer that the test measures a whole host of areas of intelligence.

B) Your question also assumes that Fi and logical reasoning are mutually exclusive. Since INTJ's are often the smartest people in any room, this seems an unlikely assumption.

Fi works just fine with logic, since all of the ISFP's in the world are capable of some level of logical reasoning. Most are also incredibly good at spatial reasoning, which makes up a huge part of many IQ tests. To me it seems like the foundation of internal logic is making sure that the premise of the question is accurate. But what do I know? I'm an INFJ, and I have the Ti of a 10 year old.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A) Your question assumes that an IQ test only measures one kind of intelligence (internal logical reasoning), instead of the more likely answer that the test measures a whole host of areas of intelligence.

B) Your question also assumes that Fi and logical reasoning are mutually exclusive. Since INTJ's are often the smartest people in any room, this seems an unlikely assumption.

Fi works just fine with logic, since all of the ISFP's in the world are capable of some level of logical reasoning. Most are also incredibly good at spatial reasoning, which makes up a huge part of many IQ tests. To me it seems like the foundation of internal logic is making sure that the premise of the question is accurate. But what do I know? I'm an INFJ, and I have the Ti of a 10 year old.
I was curious and intrigued of how does Fi work with logic. Jung said it's the closest to Ni in terms of functions so I was just curious how does it compare and work vs say Ti or Ni.

If someone can do that good, if not then less fucks given the better

1 - 5 of 5 Posts