Personality Cafe banner

Question about isfp cognitive functions stacking

121 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  Angry-Spaghetti
Hello isfps, I'm here to ask a question on the cognitive functions stacking of your type because I'm going through a typing crisis.
I've typed myself as isfp for a long time, but I've started to have doubts mainly because of two functions: Se and Te.

As for Se, the problem is that my Se seems to be nonexistent. I don't live in the present but rather in my own head, I'm not really spontaneous and can't "live in the moment", and when I try to do that (which is usually when I'm drunk, as I find it hard to let myself go otherwise) it ends up being a mess and chaotic more than anything else.
The problem with Te is that it seems to work better than my Se. I'm not the type of person to plan every little thing, but at the same time I'm no airhead who can't get things done. I can indeed be organized and efficient when I need to be (I was described as a "war machine" on my job, which is in the research field for context), because as long as I can do things my own way, I have no problem with deadlines and time management and all that stuff. I like to have a general plan for my day just to have a general idea of where I'm going while still keeping it flexible; nor am I extremely emotional to the point of not being able to hold back judgement when I need to, I know when it is the moment to express myself and when I need to shut up.

I also don't really see myself in inferior Te problems... And a Fi-Ni loop makes no sense because I've been like this my whole life and not just for some period of time.

The only thing I'm sure about is that Ni and Fi and my highest functions and everything else around that makes no sense.
Do any of you isfps relate to this, and/or have an explanation?

I don't know if it can help or influence anything, but in enneagram I'm a 4w5 (415 or 451) so/sx.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
What do you value? This determines what functions we use I think. Since I value introspection and discovering a true feeling of unity. I predominantly use Fi and Ni. Se and Te are doing functions, so when you're moving and observing the world and its intricasies, that's se. When you're thinking about your overall position in the grand scheme of things and are wondering why you exist, that's Fi and Ni. Introverted functions happen inside and extroverted happen outside, is a good way to look at it I think.

For a healthy mind you should try to use all your top 4 functions. For example. When I am engrossed in a game and am thinking about my moves and their moves and where to kick the ball, I feel 0 anxiety or fear. So it's all a balancing act really. If you spend too much time indoors and feel stuck, it's best to go explore or organise etc. That's the beauty of it too because I know how to get out of a rut; extroverted thinking :)

Confidence and worth as emotions are felt in comparison to your objective worth. That Te is nasty but honest. Also when you have perspective with Ni, you tend to judge your character against everyone. Or rather, an amalgamation of what I think the 'best' person is. This creates a tunnel vision and is thus the symptom of depression.

I never had a problem with dead lines either. I always knew how much work to put in to get the result I wanted.
Hello isfps, I'm here to ask a question on the cognitive functions stacking of your type because I'm going through a typing crisis.
I've typed myself as isfp for a long time, but I've started to have doubts mainly because of two functions: Se and Te.

As for Se, the problem is that my Se seems to be nonexistent. I don't live in the present but rather in my own head, I'm not really spontaneous and can't "live in the moment", and when I try to do that (which is usually when I'm drunk, as I find it hard to let myself go otherwise) it ends up being a mess and chaotic more than anything else.
The problem with Te is that it seems to work better than my Se. I'm not the type of person to plan every little thing, but at the same time I'm no airhead who can't get things done. I can indeed be organized and efficient when I need to be (I was described as a "war machine" on my job, which is in the research field for context), because as long as I can do things my own way, I have no problem with deadlines and time management and all that stuff. I like to have a general plan for my day just to have a general idea of where I'm going while still keeping it flexible; nor am I extremely emotional to the point of not being able to hold back judgement when I need to, I know when it is the moment to express myself and when I need to shut up.

I also don't really see myself in inferior Te problems... And a Fi-Ni loop makes no sense because I've been like this my whole life and not just for some period of time.

The only thing I'm sure about is that Ni and Fi and my highest functions and everything else around that makes no sense.
Do any of you isfps relate to this, and/or have an explanation?

I don't know if it can help or influence anything, but in enneagram I'm a 4w5 (415 or 451) so/sx.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts