Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I get INTJ no matter how many times I take the test and change a few answers that I'm on the fence about (depending on my mood, they answer could go either way)

But my question is, my judging is only 11%. Wouldn't that mean that my P should be 89%? making me a INTP? Why does it still say INTJ? What am I not understanding?

My numbers:

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
66 71 60 11

·
Registered
152 Posts
I don't think so.

I think that the scaling of that test goes like this:

Max Extroverted (0) ----- (100) Max Introverted
Max Sensing (0) ----- (100) Max Intuitive
Max Feeling (0) ----- (100) Max Thinking
Max Judging (0) ----- (100) Max Perceiving

Obviously, less than 50 and you'll get the one on the left hand side, and more than 50 you'll get the one on the rhs.

Not entirely sure though. I guess it's up to you whether you believe me or not.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well your mood is confused right now, so I'll wait for some more feedback. But what you're saying could easily be correct. I do believe it.

·
Registered
766 Posts
It depends on the test.
If it says the result is INTJ, it's either like hydrogen described or one of those tests that have the zero in the middle and a scale up to 100 in both directions.
Plus, you shouldn't read the result as the strength of your preference, but rather as how certain the test is that you have that preference.

Reactions: Perhaps and Go Ogle

·
Registered
122 Posts
It depends on the test.
If it says the result is INTJ, it's either like hydrogen described or one of those tests that have the zero in the middle and a scale up to 100 in both directions.
Plus, you shouldn't read the result as the strength of your preference, but rather as how certain the test is that you have that preference.
This is also what I believe the scale means, as I've only scored a 22-33 on Judging.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Okay, so I get INTJ no matter how many times I take the test and change a few answers that I'm on the fence about (depending on my mood, they answer could go either way)

But my question is, my judging is only 11%. Wouldn't that mean that my P should be 89%? making me a INTP? Why does it still say INTJ? What am I not understanding?

My numbers:

66 71 60 11
The numbers/percentages do not indicate the strength of the "J" or "P", i.e. if you score 80% in J vs someone who scores 30% in J, you are not "more J" than the other person. These numbers only indicate the clarity of your preference..i.e. how clear you are about your preference of J or P.
This is because MBTI is not a Trait instrument (it doesn't measure strength of traits like an IQ test). It is a Type instrument and just sorts people into one of the two categories.
Also, while taking the instrument the "mind setting" is extremely important, so that the mood doesn't affect the results. The MBTI professional is required to have the mind-setting done with the client before taking the instrument.
Mind-set to bring while taking the instrument:
"Think of what you prefer when you do not have outside pressures to behave in a particular way.
Yourself, outside of the roles you play at work or in personal life."​

·
Registered
2,149 Posts

My numbers:

66 71 60 11
No, the 11% means you are only 11% judging, which mean your J is not that high on the scale, you have a weak J (nothing wrong with that). Your P is then -11% ...

And to be honest, forget those fracking stupid internet tests, they aren't worth much.
Look at the descriptions of all type, try to see in all frankness what part of each fits you, and which doesn't.
Hint: some part of each description will fit you.

Second, to be sure what your type is, read the description of each cognitive function, and see which one you use. Then, try to provide them some order. You might get close to a MBTI type by then.
Be honest with yourself. It might help to see which function are your default one, and which where acquired through experience (Default for me is Ni, all of my Si has been acquired).

If you like Winnie the poo, it might help you understand the functions:
Winnie the poo cognitive functions

Last word of advice:
You are who you are, which happens to fit this or that type better. The type doesn't define you. If the type defines you, you will have serious issues.

·
Registered
46 Posts
No, the 11% means you are only 11% judging, which mean your J is not that high on the scale, you have a weak J (nothing wrong with that). Your P is then -11% ...

This is actually not correct. The percentages only tell you how clear you are about your preference. 11% means you are not very clear. It does not measure the strength (high/low) of "J" or "P" in a person, as MBTI is not a trait instrument.
I can't find an online link to share, but you will find this information in MBTI Manual and it is discussed in detail during the MBTI practitioner certification, as people often get confused with this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts