Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could you or would you be in an exclusive relationship if the other person could NEVER have sex? And example is someone was in an accident that damaged genital so badly that person would never be able to have sex? Now add to the fact that you get along with that person better than any person you have ever met. That person completed you in every way accept being able to have sex. Would you stay in a committed relationship with that person and not have sex with anyone else?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Could you or would you be in an exclusive relationship if the other person could NEVER have sex? And example is someone was in an accident that damaged genital so badly that person would never be able to have sex? Now add to the fact that you get along with that person better than any person you have ever met. That person completed you in every way accept being able to have sex. Would you stay in a committed relationship with that person and not have sex with anyone else?
There are more ways to get sexual gratification than just sex. It'd be different, but unless someone is like paraplegic, there are alternatives :p

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are more ways to get sexual gratification than just sex. It'd be different, but unless someone is like paraplegic, there are alternatives :p
So would your answer be yes or no? I can see you are hinting at a yes but not sure. And included in this question is this person is perfect in every other way for you. The person just can never have sex.

·
Registered
929 Posts
So would your answer be yes or no? I can see you are hinting at a yes but not sure. And included in this question is this person is perfect in every other way for you. The person just can never have sex.
I guess it's a yes.

... although, in theory, if she's perfect, she'll understand the need for sex, and might not actually mind if id have someone else to fulfil that particular need :p

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess it's a yes.

... although, in theory, if she's perfect, she'll understand the need for sex, and might not actually mind if id have someone else to fulfil that particular need :p
I see where you are going with it. You would have this perfect person in your life but have another person to have sex on? Ok I got you.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Ok I got you.
I don't think you did actually.
The last part was kind of a joke, based on you claiming them to be perfect in every way except lacking the ability to have sex.

Although, if that's the case, and the only need i have left would be sex, would it even be a big deal if id let someone else take care of that? (assuming she doesn't mind that is). wouldnt that jsut make it the equivalent of a common hobby?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think you did actually.
The last part was kind of a joke, based on you claiming them to be perfect in every way except lacking the ability to have sex.

Although, if that's the case, and the only need i have left would be sex, would it even be a big deal if id let someone else take care of that? (assuming she doesn't mind that is). wouldnt that jsut make it the equivalent of a common hobby?
I ask the question to find out at what level people place sex in a relationship. I would imagine the answer would be different for different people. I think things like this is fascinating study/research material to help understand relationship dynamics.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I ask the question to find out at what level people place sex in a relationship. I would imagine the answer would be different for different people. I think things like this is fascinating study/research material to help understand relationship dynamics.
Yeah, but if its a non-sexual relationship by default, would the act of sex not be irrelevant anyway?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, but if its a non-sexual relationship by default, would the act of sex not be irrelevant anyway?

What I am looking to learn is how much of a role does sex have in keeping a long term relationship. How many people could stay in a loving long term committed relationship if there was no chance of having sex? That is what I am looking for.

·
Registered
929 Posts
What I am looking to learn is how much of a role does sex have in keeping a long term relationship. How many people could stay in a loving long term committed relationship if there was no chance of having sex? That is what I am looking for.
But wouldn't a loving non-sexual long-term relationship be just a friendship is what i'm wondering.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But wouldn't a loving non-sexual long-term relationship be just a friendship is what i'm wondering.
That is what I am trying to find out. How people would view this kind of relationship. If a person could not have sex then would the other one never let it progress beyond friendship? There is a whole lot more to a romantic relationship than just the physical act of sex.

·
Banned
1,760 Posts
So, in simple words you question is: "Would you have a platonic relationship?"

You see, there's more erogenous points in the body other than the nether area. And the most powerful erogenous point one has is the mind. No mind, no arousal, no orgasm. Then... there's toys...

Now, considering I've managed more than once to make girls have an orgasm just from whispering/talking to them (no touch whatsoever from both),or from touching anywhere except the nether area take you conclusions on what can be done even if the nether area is... hmm... damaged.

Now, if the person is brain dead... I say let's be merciful and not let the person be a vegetable... pull the plug. But this is another topic for another discussion that doesn't have a place here.

Platonic relationships... yes, I think they're possible... after all, don't I have one with all my family members and friends?

·
Registered
INTP Female
26,829 Posts
Of course, I couldn't care less about sex. If I was so close to someone that I was in a relationship with them, sex wouldn't be in any way important.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Somewhat to my initial surprise I have found that having a relationship with little or no sex has been very easy for me to accept and deal with.

My gf has a very serious history of abuse which makes the sexual part of our relationship almost non-existent and I have no idea if that will ever change.

But that has not stopped us from enjoying an incredibly warm and beautiful intimacy which I believe is a lot better than the actual 'act'
Without even needing to use words, we share so incredibly much on such a deep level which I never believed to be possible in a relationship.

I have found that being intimate with her in this way, without the sexual considerations, allows me to focus completely on her happiness as she is focusing on mine. That is something which I believe would never be possible when part of the experience is sidetracked and focused on one's own physical pleasure.

I guess you could say its an almost tantric or mystic experience, a meeting of twin souls.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Of course, I couldn't care less about sex. If I was so close to someone that I was in a relationship with them, sex wouldn't be in any way important.
Somewhat to my initial surprise I have found that having a relationship with little or no sex has been very easy for me to accept and deal with.

My gf has a very serious history of abuse which makes the sexual part of our relationship almost non-existent and I have no idea if that will ever change.

But that has not stopped us from enjoying an incredibly warm and beautiful intimacy which I believe is a lot better than the actual 'act'
Without even needing to use words, we share so incredibly much on such a deep level which I never believed to be possible in a relationship.

I have found that being intimate with her in this way, without the sexual considerations, allows me to focus completely on her happiness as she is focusing on mine. That is something which I believe would never be possible when part of the experience is sidetracked and focused on one's own physical pleasure.

I guess you could say its an almost tantric or mystic experience, a meeting of twin souls.
Love is basis of a relationship. I mean I am getting older I may lose a step or my memory. Love should be unconditional. I wouldn't leave my partner no matter.

You three I am sending special large hugs. You got the meaning of what I was asking. I was wondering of there were people like you out there. Now I know there are at least three of you.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts

If i ever stab you it will probably be out of jealousy.

Reactions: Jojo

·
Banned
1,760 Posts
It may change... but it will take a lot of work, a lot of patience and most of all, a lot of love and nurturing.
I would know... I had to be pulled out of the situation your girlfriend is in... :sad:
If you ever need some advice on how to help her get over her trauma, feel free to pm me. Maybe my personal experience can help in some way.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Sure, why not? I would miss it, but it's not essential. I can think of far more important parts of a relationship.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.