Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I daydream about what other types must daydream about.

When I think of ISTJs, I believe they fantasize about a life where everything is controllable and predictable. Running like clockwork.

Is this true?

Do correct me if I'm wrong. :kitteh:

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Sometimes I daydream about what other types must daydream about.

When I think of ISTJs, I believe they fantasize about a life where everything is controllable and predictable. Running like clockwork.

Is this true?

Do correct me if I'm wrong. :kitteh:
That would be an ISTJ fantasy, lol. However, at least for me, I rarely if ever 'daydream' at all, at least not into the realm of fantasy. When my mind wanders off from the here and now, it's usually either trying to solve a particular problem I might be facing or reviewing recent activities to see what might have been done differently/better for future reference. More often than not, either of those situations consists of iterative replays of scenarios (whether past occurrences or future possibilities) with varying aspects altered each time.

·
Registered
796 Posts
If I'm daydreaming, it tends to be planning - sorting out work, deciding what to do for the weekend, planning meals for the week - really boring stuff, lol, but planning it. Sometimes I'm just working out how long it will be before I can buy x, or working out how much spare cash I'll have this month and deciding what to do with it.

If I go into fantasy-daydream, it's most likely the opposite to your scenario. I tend to think of worst case scenarios or overly emotional situations, and work myself through them, see what I can learn from the 'fake-experience'. They tend to be quite realistic examples/scenarios, and again, sometimes it comes back to planning how to act in certain situations, often things that haven't happened yet (but probably will) and trying to anticipate how I'd react and deal with it.

So yeah, I probably don't daydream per se, I just drift off into planning-mode...!

What do you daydream about @WhateverLolaWants?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@AllyKat

I daydream mostly about romance with a man (esp. with a man I saw in the grocery store years ago) or nature. Or very silly things, like dancing with my dog to soul music.

Reactions: niss and AllyKat

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Agree with the others. I don't delve into fantasy in any day dreams. Rather, it is about practical things and what I should do to achieve my goals. "What if..." needs a real life application, in my world.

Reactions: Sangmu

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I rarely daydream, but that would be my dream :).

Reactions: Sangmu
1 - 8 of 8 Posts