Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty.. well i am a ENFJ for sure.. like all the way..
The only thing is.. i'm extremely sensitive.. but i rarely cry.
I've been taught to be strong for others cause i feel bad if like.. i'm hurt.. or if i know someone said something mean to me.. and if they didn't mean it.. but it hurt me? i dont react?

Does this mean i'm really not a ENFJ?

Cause i love the world! people accuse me of being high..
i'm always confused and not good with compliments..
I love seeing people or loved ones do great at something..
just ya:) i love this world.. but once i'm not with tons of people..
i get more quiet.. just.. what's wrong with me?
I'm lost.. i need people to.. idk.
:unsure:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Alrighty.. well i am a ENFJ for sure.. like all the way..
The only thing is.. i'm extremely sensitive.. but i rarely cry.
I've been taught to be strong for others cause i feel bad if like.. i'm hurt.. or if i know someone said something mean to me.. and if they didn't mean it.. but it hurt me? i dont react?

Does this mean i'm really not a ENFJ?

Cause i love the world! people accuse me of being high..
i'm always confused and not good with compliments..
I love seeing people or loved ones do great at something..
just ya:) i love this world.. but once i'm not with tons of people..
i get more quiet.. just.. what's wrong with me?
I'm lost.. i need people to.. idk.
:unsure:
I don't think there is anything wrong with you; you're simply asking questions about yourself and all of us do that from time to time. I think it's sometimes our nature that tells us to always be strong for others yet we to push our personal feelings aside since we want to maintain our strength in front of others. It's also hard for me to confront someone who has hurt me so I tend to set it aside and tell myself "it was no big deal" but that's not always a healthy approach. Recently, I had to confront a friend about something she said to me that annoyed me but we managed to smooth things over and neither one of us were upset with the other. That's when you know you have a good friend and a strong relationship with them.

I've also been accused (playfully) of being "high", I think it's because I'm usually in a good mood but that doesn't mean I don't get angry, upset or annoyed. Personally, I think people find it as a shock when they see me in a bad mood because I'm usually smiling; as one coworker put it she told me "you look like you're enjoying your own private joke". Hmm, perhaps I am! As far as sappy goes, I consider myself a sentimental person but I find that I may become...annoyed?...with things that are beyond sweet but are saccharin in nature. We've all seen those chain mails with super duper cute sweet things and I guess that's ok for some people but you won't see me actively sending those out to others. However, when someone presents me with a poem, ahhh, my heart melts. Naturally, flowers and a box of candy will certainly put a smile on my face and if someone creates a gift with their own hands, I'm sure to be very pleased. Then again, any gift that someone gives me I'm always grateful so I'm not as so uncaring to dismiss a kind gesture.

And as much as I enjoy meeting people, I also need rest and down time since I'm only a human who needs peace of mind, too. Being an ENFJ does't necessarily mean you're going to be a social butterfly all of the time, in fact it's healthy to have some quiet, private time for inner reflection. It helps to bring one's perspective back to center and balance.

Hope this has been of some help, sorry if I didn't hit all the points or omitted something. :happy:

Reactions: summersoccer14

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
The high comment normal for me as well. It's natural I am high on life. The littlest things bring the biggest joys! For me I sing "lean on me" to my friends that are down that ... And the Jojo patented high five:laughing:

·
Registered
223 Posts
The high comment normal for me as well. It's natural I am high on life. The littlest things bring the biggest joys! For me I sing "lean on me" to my friends that are down that ... And the Jojo patented high five:laughing:
Hey Jojo! A friend of ours called us the life of the party and told us that when we moved to Austin, the party seemed to go with it. I think this poster says it best!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually i've had many same experiences with all of you.. it's nice to know i'm not alone.. thanks so much. It brightened my mood knowing someone is willing to try to help..
I think i'm jsut going through a state of lostness hahah!
I also have people say im "high" also.. and sometimes annoys me when ppl think the only emotion i have is happy..but i just sorta brush it off.. and say.. they didn't mean it that way.. they didnt mean to hurt my feelings. they probably don't even know. haha:) thanks!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sometimes I can't cry even though I feel like I should....

I dunno.... the definition of an ENFJ is that we're more in touch with our emotions than others, and that works both ways. I don't think you're abnormal. Being strong for others isn't a bad idea, and fwiw I can be easily offended too, so I do know whatcha mean.

As far as being sappy, that can take on a number of different forms... I'm a completely hopeless romantic, and many people would all that sappy, so, I guess it depends on what you're talking about.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I am extremely sentimental and sappy- I guess you could say... I have always been this way. When I was a little girl- I gave my dad this book of quotes for father's day- they were all cliches like Ïf you need a shoulder to cry on, I will be there"... my sister and brother just abused (teased) me for it. The funniest thing is that I was too young to know thesy were cliches and I genuinely meant them... ha ha. Life has beat that out of me a little bit- but I am still pretty soft and warm on the inside...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think these emotions are actually completely normal? and shows you care right?
And I think every person is possible of having every emotion.. and the sit emotion and just kinda think.. is serverly, majorly hard for me.. i always wanna be with friends or doing SOMETHING that just doesn't envolve me and when i do.. i slightly insane? hahah! but.. i think we kind of all need that time to just remember who we are and ect. and it's good to have a quiet you too.. even if people have no idea you have it..

:)

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think these emotions are actually completely normal? and shows you care right?
And I think every person is possible of having every emotion.. and the sit emotion and just kinda think.. is serverly, majorly hard for me.. i always wanna be with friends or doing SOMETHING that just doesn't envolve me and when i do.. i slightly insane? hahah! but.. i think we kind of all need that time to just remember who we are and ect. and it's good to have a quiet you too.. even if people have no idea you have it..

:)
You sound pretty normal to me... certainly felt the same way at times.

Also, I just realized, I really hate the word sappy actually, it sounds so... negative, and to me, the meaning really isn't.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts