Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FOR STRONG EXTRAVERTS:

What do you feel like if you are left alone in the company of no one for long periods of time?

FOR STRONG INTROVERTS:

What do you feel like in you are constantly around people and can't get away to be by yourself?

Personally, I am a strong extravert, and feel really lousy, and really depressed if I am left alone for long periods of time.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Strong Introvert: the desire for escape is overwhelming.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel absolutely exhausted if forced to be around people longer than I can normally take. Which is a few minutes. I tend to withdraw into my mind.
A few minutes? Wow, what do you do for a living? It has to be something like a librarian or a security office working for the nightshift.

Reactions: Knives

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
For me...

FOR STRONG INTROVERTS:

What do you feel like in you are constantly around people and can't get away to be by yourself?
This depends on the context in some regards. At times, I can be quite fine around people if there is a reason for people to be there and there is a focus to the gathering as there are various groups I'm in where I can spend hours with people and be quite fine with it. At the same time, if the focus is on me and I don't want it there, then I'll start to feel flustered, frustrated, agitated, upset, angry, bitter, hot in the sweaty gross way, larger than my usual self also known as bloated, ugly, gross, red, my mind is turning to mush and the list goes on...

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Strong Introvert--I enjoy the company of others for awhile. I'll enjoy hanging out with my close friends all hours pretty much. But if I am forced to hang out with people I'm not that close with (pretty much everyne except a few friends), I'll get worn out and feel drained. So I'll need to take a few hours for myself. I dislike networking.

I do enjoy one-on-one or one-on-two interactions.

·
Banned
166 Posts
I once had to be almost alone for 2 years.
It was really horrible, but I kind of turned into some kind of INTJ (wich is normal apparently)

Since that time I can handle it more, but it's still boring. xD

·
Registered
815 Posts
Strong introvert here.

I NEED to be alone at least 80% of the time. If I don't get the chance to isolate myself I become irritated and am prone to lash out at people.

There are two or three people around whom I can be for extended periods of time and not feel drained. They are the exceptions to the rule.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
A few minutes? Wow, what do you do for a living? It has to be something like a librarian or a security office working for the nightshift.
Let me rephrase that. I can only stand be around a large group of people for a few minutes. I don't mind being around small groups of people.

And, I don't work anymore at the moment. I haven't found another job since I moved.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Let me rephrase that. I can only stand be around a large group of people for a few minutes. I don't mind being around small groups of people.

And, I don't work anymore at the moment. I haven't found another job since I moved.
Go to craigslist. They will reply right away. I think that I just got a job today by using craigslist.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Strong Introvert: I start feeling very tired and irritable...and if it goes on too long I start to get a "panic attack" type feeling that I NEED to get away.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I feel absolutely exhausted if forced to be around people longer than I can normally take. Which is a few minutes. I tend to withdraw into my mind.
ROFLMAO! I can't stop laughing at your sig.

Reactions: L'Empereur

·
Registered
648 Posts
For the case of the extrovert:
I get bored really quickly.
If there isn't anything I can do socially I'll do something that involves talking to people online if nothing else is available.
Im not opposed to being alone, but I do have a strong preference for being around people as opposed to by myself for an extended period of time.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For the case of the extrovert:
I get bored really quickly.
If there isn't anything I can do socially I'll do something that involves talking to people online if nothing else is available.
Im not opposed to being alone, but I do have a strong preference for being around people as opposed to by myself for an extended period of time.
That's what I'm doing right now

Reactions: RhoAlphaNuAlpha

·
Registered
314 Posts
How do you manage to remember your name when logging on? o.o
Hahaha :crazy: I thought the exact same thing!! (and came up with a few ideas how...but I'd like to hear the real one)

I'm pretty darn extroverted. When I'm alone for a long time I get mopey and tend to brood. I feel tired and bored. I talk to myself. I play music. I run the news in the background.

I retreat outwards. :tongue:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts