Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I find confusing is when your coupled up friends say, "we need you to find you a boyfriend. You need to get one." Then, when you go on dates...why do those same people whine and want to monopolize all of your time? I don't get it. We are all responsible for our romantic happiness and priorities. if my single friends found someone they liked, I would support em. I know I can just see my friend some other day. Taken perc posters in relationships-do you feel neglected and ditched when your single friends are going out on dates?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't really mind when my friends prefer to go on dates with their SO. In fact, if one of my really close friends can muster up the courage to ask this girl out already, I'd be hosting a dam celebration right now. As for your friends trying to hook you up.. I'm against that 100%. My other best friend did that to me for a month, and I came out of the relationship worst off. Never again will I accept hand outs like that.

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lmao, diesel. Same here. My friends that have tried to hook me up chose the worst possible matches. It just goes to show that maybe your "friends" don't always know what's best for you. They want to help, but it doesn't always work

·
Registered
77 Posts
Lmao, diesel. Same here. My friends that have tried to hook me up chose the worst possible matches. It just goes to show that maybe your "friends" don't always know what's best for you. They want to help, but it doesn't always work
Yeah, I doubt they take into account for things that aren't usually discussed like our personalities, habits, etc. In their mind, they think oh he seems like a cool guy, and she has a few of the same interests as him. They'd make a wonderful couple together. Let's hook them up ASAP. I had a feeling when my best friend did this, he only felt bad that he was able to experience the happiness of a relationship and I couldn't. That and also for his lil 'fantasy' of going on double dates haha.

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm my situation was different where they think if two people are single, they will hook up. I think they wanted me to have a boyfriend, just so I could hang out with the other couples. If I did things on my own, they didn't like it. I don't talk to these people anymore, bc there was some toxicity. Interestingly, my dating life is better without them! I don't have to worry about nosy nancies. It's easier to go with the flow when you're not being pressured or scrutinized by "friends."

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I used to get mad when my friends ditched me for their romantic partners because as an aromantic I care more about friendships. I understand everyone has a right to prioritize their relationships according to the nature but it made feel like crap because even though I loved them, I was "just a friend" to them. To me platonic love is the most beautiful thing thing ever. Now I'm dating my best friend. Problem solved!

Reactions: avidity

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used to get mad when my friends ditched me for their romantic partners because as an aromantic I care more about friendships. I understand everyone has a right to prioritize their relationships according to the nature but it made feel like crap because even though I loved them, I was "just a friend" to them. To me platonic love is the most beautiful thing thing ever. Now I'm dating my best friend. Problem solved!
. I understand if a friend forgets that you exist or completely blows you off. With my situation, I was already hanging out with these friends regularly. I was often the only single lady in a group of couples. When a guy that I was dating long distance came to my town, I wanted to see him to get to know him. Him and I didn't have much time together, given that we lived in two different states. One girl in that group of friends accused me of ditching everyone for a guy. I think this is nonsense, considering that those couples get to have date nights. If I'm hanging out with you all on a regular basis, it's only fair for me to get some one on one time with someone I like. You can't expect me to always be the single girl bending over backwards for everyone.

·
MotM 5/2015 | Bankslayer
13,347 Posts
???
No?
Why the fuck would I?
Good for them lol.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I haven't had this problem: it's been the reverse for me, just because I'm in a relationship now, the single friends are mad jealous.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.