Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for all types that are dominant Ni or Ne (INFJ, INTJ, ENTP, or ENFP)....

I asked this on the INFJ forum already to check if I was the only one and I just wanted to see if this is prevalent among other dominant N types as well because we seem to always be taking in so much from others.

Do you ever catch yourself just staring at people? I know I myself try to hide it as much as possible, but there are times when I'm just watching them so much and/or just end up "zoning out" that I catch myself staring. :blushed: It's a little embarrassing, and I'm just wondering if its a dominant N thing to do.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I tend to observe people a lot because I find humans endlessly fascinating. I've always had a habit of trying to imagine what people are thinking or how they're looking at things...either physically or mentally.
But actually, I don't really do it excessively lol

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
I have a question for all types that are dominant Ni or Ne (INFJ, INTJ, ENTP, or ENFP)....

I asked this on the INFJ forum already to check if I was the only one and I just wanted to see if this is prevalent among other dominant N types as well because we seem to always be taking in so much from others.

Do you ever catch yourself just staring at people? I know I myself try to hide it as much as possible, but there are times when I'm just watching them so much and/or just end up "zoning out" that I catch myself staring. :blushed: It's a little embarrassing, and I'm just wondering if its a dominant N thing to do.
sometimes.

Reactions: thegirlcandance

·
Banned
26 Posts
I do that a lot. Often times it'll be because I'll be studying the people in the room and other times, I'll be thinking about how boring the people are and what I'd love to do to everyone in the room and will catch myself staring.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I people watch a lot. My ENTP friend and I go out specifically to do it xD I love watching people in the cars when they come through the drive thru at work before they have their orders taken.

I'm a creepy creep =O

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I don't stare; that would be rude! I listen. :tongue:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Yes. Not to a point of rudeness, but I like people-watching, and my oldest friend, who is ENFJ (not sure if that's relevant) has always described me as a watcher.

{NT mode} of course this observation will be useless unless you can ask all of the other types and establish that they don't do this so much. (/NT mode}

·
Registered
160 Posts
I do stare a lot, especially when someone has sparked my interest. When they interest me, I become fascinated, regardless of whether they are annoying or cool. I just have to know what makes them tick. It is rude, but I get too caught up in the moment to realize that.

Example: You know that person who talks loudly and believes that they have an imaginary audience? They always get my stare, I try to tie their other traits with the stereotype of the imaginary audience guy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My friend who is Ne dominant constantly says that she is always aware of people around her, and she can't help but pay attention to them, even when she doesn't want to. I find myself staring at people at work when they are talking (boredom is not fun...), but otherwise I ignore people very easily, just to give an outsider's thoughts...

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Hhhmmm.....

I observe my surroundings which can include keeping an eye on people. I may stare in some rare circumstances like if someone wears something that makes me go, "Whoa, they wore that?!?!?!" as generally it is just a stream of data that I take in on a regular basis of what my eyes see and pass that along to parts of my mind to process what is going on around me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would just stare at someone for no specific reason and then BAM! EYES MEET. I used to just try and pretend that I was looking at something else around them lol. Nowadays if they catch my eye, I would give them an eyebrow lift or a smile and proceed on with whatever I was upto.
I only feel like a dick when my eyebrow life/smile gets bounced. I burst out laughing in public when it happens occasionally, making myself look extra retarded haha

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I would just stare at someone for no specific reason and then BAM! EYES MEET. I used to just try and pretend that I was looking at something else around them lol. Nowadays if they catch my eye, I would give them an eyebrow lift or a smile and proceed on with whatever I was upto.
I only feel like a dick when my eyebrow life/smile gets bounced. I burst out laughing in public when it happens occasionally, making myself look extra retarded haha
lol! I'd definitely do it back to you sarcastically, just to make a point, but if you laughed I probably would too. :crazy:

But...

{SJ NAG} You should do that avoidant thing you used to do. If you do that eyebrow raise, you probably come off as a pompous dick or to the opposite sex, a sex offender stalking prey. {/SJ}

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I'm always rather aware of what I'm doing, so I don't "catch" myself staring ... I do it on purpose. Without being obvious about it. Noisy or oddly dressed people obviously want an audience, which I'm only too happy to be.

I also observe very attractive or intriguing humans. But it's hard to resist staring at fat people, midgets, or the crazies. I do resist though, so I don't blatantly reveal my lack of common decency. Shit, I really DO sound like an SJ. (I'm on vacation with an ESTJ, who insists on doing *everyfuckingthing* together. I'm being unfairly influenced.)

When I stare, I try to look a bit from the side while wearing sunglasses. IT NEVER WORKS. They catch me, I can tell bc they look at ME.

·
Registered
43 Posts
lol! I'd definitely do it back to you sarcastically, just to make a point, but if you laughed I probably would too. :crazy:

But...

{SJ NAG} You should do that avoidant thing you used to do. If you do that eyebrow raise, you probably come off as a pompous dick or to the opposite sex, a sex offender stalking prey. {/SJ}
LOL if you did it back to me sarcastically, it'll probably induce my "giggle uncontrollably with my head pushed backwards" mode. The thought of a stranger bold enough to give a sarcastic one back would just seem cute really. In New Zealand the eyebrow lift is accepted as a simple greetings gesture. I don't think I would do it to anyone outside of NZ, unless I feel like expressing my sex offender side. :proud:

1 - 20 of 78 Posts