Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Do ESTPs crave idealism?
I am not an ESTP. (Don't read further if you don't like)

I don't think they do. They are impatient and would like to have instant gratification.
They can be taught how to behave in a structured environment. But still I think they would like to break rules if they can gain something.

Crave some genuine Inner sense of idealism?
Nope.

Making them cheat is a child's play.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not an ESTP. (Don't read further if you don't like)

I don't think they do. They are impatient and would like to have instant gratification.
They can be taught how to behave in a structured environment. But still I think they would like to break rules if they can gain something.

Crave some genuine Inner sense of idealism?
Nope.

Making them cheat is a child's play.
I have the same opinion estps are more cool and adaptable not craving idealism

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Do ESTPs crave idealism?

Context? Generally I accept the reality that I'm living within and work within the parameters and break the rules where necessary. There are times when things are patently unfair and idealistically, I'd like to see a fairer situation. But I'm not going to change the world. Mostly, I weight risk vs benefit and make my decisions this way. Life isn't fair, I don't know where to begin fixing that and don't try.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Context? Generally I accept the reality that I'm living within and work within the parameters and break the rules where necessary. There are times when things are patently unfair and idealistically, I'd like to see a fairer situation. But I'm not going to change the world. Mostly, I weight risk vs benefit and make my decisions this way. Life isn't fair, I don't know where to begin fixing that and don't try.
I mean as a morality system do they want to appear as a perfect persons ?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Do ESTPs crave idealism?
estps are realists.

i perceive idealists as naive, dangerous, immature and a when gathered in numbers - a big problem for society in that they can influence the less aware types into angry mob type situations we see currently in the US.

·
Registered
662 Posts
estps are realists.

i perceive idealists as naive, dangerous, immature and a when gathered in numbers - a big problem for society in that they can influence the less aware types into angry mob type situations we see currently in the US.
You wouldn't be seeing breakthrough changes in the society if it wasn't for idealists (according to me).
It takes guts standing up against things which one perceive as opposite to ones ideals. Can ideals be wrong? Of course, just like humans. But I have a feeling there are far more good idealists than the bad ones (even though they are less in numbers).

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
You wouldn't be seeing breakthrough changes in the society if it wasn't for idealists (according to me).
It takes guts standing up against things which one perceive as opposite to ones ideals. Can ideals be wrong? Of course, just like humans. But I have a feeling there are far more good idealists than the bad ones (even though they are less in numbers).
can you reference some positive breakthrough changes society has incurred due to idealism or an idealist?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
link this to an idealist
A single idealist? I don't believe it was something that happened overnight as the result of one idealist. Most changes start out sounding radical and unrealistic and idealists will push for them anyway. People thought eliminating child labor would result in a lot of children starving to death. Children had always worked as soon as they could be of use. I don't think you'll find a direct link of a specific idealist but a few scattered idealists and movements that grow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts