Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a musician, and I am thinking about giving my 2 symphony comp tickets to my ISTP friend (whom I see every week) and his wife (whom I've never met)-----but this upcoming show is a bluegrass theme and they like that kind of music. Although I'm not sure they would like having to come out of the house in the middle of a Saturday night and sit in an audience like that..? How can I give the tickets to him without making him/them feel obligated to go? I want him to know that I gave them to him and his wife because I figured they'd appreciate it more than the regular classical music audience we always get?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ask him if both his wife and him would like to go, that you have comp tickets, and you thought they would enjoy the music? Let him know that they don't have to take the tickets if they don't want to go. You just wanted to give them first dibs on them since the music is a bluegrass theme.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ask him if both his wife and him would like to go, that you have comp tickets, and you thought they would enjoy the music? Let him know that they don't have to take the tickets if they don't want to go. You just wanted to give them first dibs on them since the music is a bluegrass theme.
100% way to go, no pressure or obligation to take the tickets.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Although I'm not sure they would like having to come out of the house in the middle of a Saturday night and sit in an audience like that..?
Just because someone's an ISTP, it doesn't mean that he or she wouldn't want to go out. I am an ISTP, I never go out by myself, but if the situation appears, I'd be happy to.

About how to give them - as the others said. If the tickets don't cost you anything, meaning, if you wouldn't lose anything (moneywise etc) for them taking the tickets and not using them, I wouldn't really hesitate giving them. Something like... "I have this concert coming up and I have got some extra tickets there, so I thought about you guys. I'm aware of that you might already have other plans for that weekend, but if you're able to come, you're more than welcome!"

I don't really see why an ISTP would go to an event they don't want to go just because there are tickets available. I wouldn't. So just present it in a laid back manner (not "Ooh, guys, you HAVE to be there, because it's the MUST event and SO important to me!"), and he should not have any problems with it.

Really, it's quite difficult to insult an ISTP with generosity. We don't really break that easily.

Reactions: Starfish

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I gave them to him all casual like, but I didn't out and out the word "tickets"----said "we get these free, and I wanted you to have them if you'd like.." and he's ... "What are these? What is this?" And then I explained in my scattered way hopefully well enough that he now understands that they are actual tickets for a performance----they say "$20" on them, and the time and date and guest artist, so maybe by the time he gets home he'll realize it, ! He stood for a little while instead of leaving right away (he usually gets out of there pretty quick), and then when I had to help a customer, he said goodbye as he was leaving. So at least-----at the very very least-----he knows that I meant those tickets to go to him specifically.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts