Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

They say ENFJ's and ENFP's are really good at reading people(that's why I am submitting this in two places), and understanding there true feelings. My question is when you see someone of the opposite sex, what type of body language do you look for/notice, before you decide to approach. Also when you actually talk to people, what body language do you look for? What do you listen for. I think that I think too much, and not able to show the correct amount of genuine empathy....but empathy is nearly impossible for me. On this note:
Me-ENTJ
ENTJ = poor Fi
Poor Fi=not knowing your own feelings(understanding yourself).
Not knowing your own feelings=hard to understand what others are going through
which in turn=tough time with empathy.

Any help would be really appreciated. THANKS!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't know about other ENJFs but right when I see someone, It's more of a "I have to go talk to that person!" because they are so interesting to me I feel like I'm loosing out if I don't talk to them. So at that point, I might not be looking for the same things you are; I'm looking for someone who doesn't match their environment because I'm attracted to people who defy the culture around them and are independent thinkers. So me specifically, I look for body language that that points to that the person isn't afraid of their environment. I look at how comfortable they are when looking around the room. Do they look away or pull in when another person goes by them. Do they sit or stand in a open non-defensive stance.

If i'm talking to people I try to see how reactive they are to me. If I laugh or smile do they also smile? What angle are they comfortable talking to me at. Like will the face me straight on or at a 45 degree angle. Are they comfortable with eye contact. Also there's the obvious things like do they cross their arms or try to distract themselves with playing with an object to separate themselves from the situation.

I know I'm very vague, but those are my quick thoughts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts