Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello INFJ world,

I have no idea what I want to do...what careers have INFJs been happy and successful in??

I'm currently in research, and I find it very unsatisfying. What jobs have you found to be particularly good or bad for your personality?

·
Registered
790 Posts
In general, careers that helps others, like psychology or teaching. Careers that send a message to the world like being a writer, artist, musician... Environmentalist as well

But mostly Id say that you should think of a career that you enjoy at that point that you don't feel like you'll be working :)

Hoping it helps.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
as far as I can remember INFJs I knew were:

- translator
- some admin job in Bruxelles at the EU for some youth group
- dermatologist, but she was not hugely happy with this, though I would venture nobody is, looking at rashes all day :wink:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a few main choices for my future!! I would love to be a social worker (many people have put me down for this, suggesting that I wouldn't be able to handle it, but I am good at detaching myself from emotions WHEN I SEE FIT). I also aspire to be a writer. I used the term loosely because I'm talking on my own time. I could do some freelance writing and I hope to write a book of vignettes (mostly based on my feelings and experiences as an INFJ). I am also leaning toward being a translator/interpreter. Hopefully I can work the interpreting into social work and travel! That would be ideal for me

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I'm a teacher and enjoy it greatly. It's a good mix of getting to help others and spending the day playing with ideas.

I know 1 other INFJ that is a photographer. She enjoys the artistry of it, but has been doing it for a number of years and can't get her business off the ground. She wants to do only projects that interest her (mostly black and white, still life), but the local market is mainly for senior pictures/wedding pictures/etc. So she takes other odd jobs just to keep herself afloat.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Soldier, however I wouldnt mind becoming a teacher or politician in the future.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Im studying Productdevelopment and innovation.
I find it boring, but I know it will be worth a lot for me when I'm done, I just want the resources and network connections it gives as a side bonus in order to lunch a new product on the market.

I've no interest in the general INFJ career choices.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Ever since I was 10 and made breakfast for my grandparents my heart has been set on being a chef. That has since changed (only slightly) where I want to own my own restaurant. Not for the money, but to benefit others by bringing them healthy food for as low of a cost as I can go while still making enough to be comfortable.

Why? Because, if done right, it encompasses everything an INFJ would normally do: Helping people feel better (mentally and physically), making art, teaching, etc. It all depends on your approach, but the food business is more elastic than people think. Not every chef is an angry yelling asshole. That's just for show business.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I thought about this question for years and then realised that I would never be happy being anything but a mother. Dedicating my life to positively shaping others, helping them become strong, capable, happy people. AND it encompasses every single one of my passions/hobbies; cooking, maintaining a house, decorating, helping people, running errands, organising stuff, giving love, planning activities etcetcetc (why do I love this stuff so much???)
I like that I'm helping people that are MINE, not random people that might walk away or upset me :( (I know my kids could walk away and will upset me a million times but you know what I mean, I don't like giving my heart to just anyone)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts