Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need an input from all the ENTJs that are here:

Can you ever, in any circumstanced forgive your partner cheating on you? Would you be willing to continue the relationship if your partner would ensure you it will never happen again? What would convince you they are telling the truth and what would help to build your trust again?

·
Registered
187 Posts

Can you ever, in any circumstanced forgive your partner cheating on you? Would you be willing to continue the relationship if your partner would ensure you it will never happen again? What would convince you they are telling the truth and what would help to build your trust again?
How long ago did you cheat? Did you have intercourse between cheating and now?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Can you ever, in any circumstanced forgive your partner cheating on you?

No.

Would you be willing to continue the relationship if your partner would ensure you it will never happen again?

No.

What would convince you they are telling the truth and what would help to build your trust again?

Nothing x2.

That was easy.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
It doesn't matter how much I love them, It doesn't matter if I believed they would never do it again.
There is no exception.

If my spouse doesn't feel satisfied, she can tell me. I promise the same.
I understand not all cheating is equal, the relationship would be different afterwards, that I can't accept.

·
Heretic
ESI 9w8 5w4 2w1
10,672 Posts
Coming from the polar opposite of the ENTJ here, but...

I personally have taken the stance that all females need to submit a DNA-test,
no matter our relationship status if they show up pregnant and claim it to be mine.

Hence I don't have the need to instinctually rage over the possibility of rasing someone elses child.

So to the forgiveness.
At this moment in time I'm not a self-sacrificing saint in the emotional realm.
Once someone breaks such a trust it is hard for even emotionally stable people to go on as before.
Most likely she would be severely tested.
I would tell her that the only way to keep the relationship with me is to mend my heart.
Basically she would have to be my emotional servant to undo the damage she had done.
No sane person would accept such a burden and hence the relationship would be over.
I would force her to say no to my demands, making her carry the burden of the breakup.
It should be driven in firmly in my opinion that she brought this on herself.

Something along the lines of
Me: I have a broken heart now, what are you going to do about that?
Her: I dunno.
Me: Well I'm at least going to need X, Y, Z to feel sort of alright again.
Her: You are kidding right?
Me: No I'm hurting, and if you can't do that for me, I can't stand being around you.

·
Banned
2,375 Posts
Hence I don't have the need to instinctually rage over the possibility of rasing someone elses child.
Cuckoldry is evolutionary suicide, not only is it not your child, but you're also using your resources and time to raise it.

Reactions: Inveniet

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Cuckoldry is evolutionary suicide, not only is it not your child, but you're also using your resources and time to raise it.
However, I have nothing but admiration for my step father.

·
Heretic
ESI 9w8 5w4 2w1
10,672 Posts
Yup hence males have a strong selection towards not accepting it.
Yet the instinctual anger is quite disruptive to our lives in a modern society.
That is why the dna-test is such a modern blessing for the man.
No cheating woman can talk herself around that the kids don't share genes with "dad".

However, I have nothing but admiration for my step father.
Being a step-dad is a bit different, as you are making a concious choice.
You know the child isn't your's, but choose to assist anyway.
Cuckoldry is a 18 year con, a betrayal that if you did it in any other setting would land you in jail as a conman.
Yet within marriage it is just a personal matter that is not punished by the law.

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts

No.

Would you be willing to continue the relationship if your partner would ensure you it will never happen again?
No.

What would convince you they are telling the truth and what would help to build your trust again?
Nothing.

Two things I won't forgive: lying and disloyalty. Both are conscious decisions to be a snake. I'll never trust you again. We're done.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I probably should have known better than to openly ask that question on ENTJs forum;)

My ENTJ always said the same when we were talking about cheating and I agreed fully. I won't go into the details, because I find it unnecessary, but the situation now is that after some time the truth surfaced we decided we still want to be together, but we're not exactly sure if it will work. Still we are trying our best with the hope that it is still possible.

And as such, I thought it might be a good idea to ask other similar types for some helpful input.

·
mafia mod
13,315 Posts

forgive, yes. forget no........as I walk out the door

Hell no
absolutely nothing

·
Registered
596 Posts

forgive, yes. forget no........as I walk out the door

Hell no
absolutely nothing
Even if they stopped global warming?

Reactions: Siggy

·
Banned
2,375 Posts
I probably should have known better than to openly ask that question on ENTJs forum;)

My ENTJ always said the same when we were talking about cheating and I agreed fully. I won't go into the details, because I find it unnecessary, but the situation now is that after some time the truth surfaced we decided we still want to be together, but we're not exactly sure if it will work. Still we are trying our best with the hope that it is still possible.

And as such, I thought it might be a good idea to ask other similar types for some helpful input.
Ah - so he is a doormat!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts