Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize that this is a copy and paste of a thread in the ESFJ threads, but I did not realize the ESFJ forums were so dead, so I decided to ask the INFJs.

**note, until very recently I scored INFJ all the time...**

I have recently been diagnosed with ADHD-PI, like four months ago. I started medication, and so far it is working (I'm on an SNRI). The reason it was chosen is because it also deals with anxiety, and also has an effect on serotonin levels, and in effect deals with minor depression (all of which I faced).

Anyway, that's the back story. Ever since about two months in, I have been scoring ESFJ on tests time and time again. This is in stark contrast to the fact that I used to only score INFJ. I know my lifestyle has changed a lot, so I was just wondering...is this viable? Was I acting like an INFJ with all the depressive and reclusive tendencies, and my ESFJ has now come out or is it vica versa?

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
I don't know. I think ESFJs have a completley different thought process.

Ni is dominate for INFJs. The only type of extrovert that I have ever given a moment's thought to what I might be would be ENFJ, because they also have that Ni thingy going.

If I were you, I would look into the functions more.

Also, INFJs do not HAVE to be depressed or reclusive. Many of us have experiences like that, as I have, but there's no reason for that to be an indication of being an INFJ.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
How long do you believe that you have ADHD-PI?

How are you when it comes to other people..such as how do treat people?

What kind of differences do you have know with meds?

Do you think a lot before or after meds?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
You do seem to show signs of Fe dom.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
So far I say Si but that is kinda hard to tell as of know. Questions questions questions ohhh what kind of answers lies in answers and questions within the answers...........

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
It is possible that your Ni was out of wack

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I'd say any kind of psychiatric medication is liable to change your way of functions so much that you would appear to have a different type than before medication. If your medication makes you feel that you function more normally, then I would suggest that the new type is more likely to be your true type.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"How long do you believe that you have ADHD-PI?"

My entire life, it has gone undiagnosed since I was a child.

"How are you when it comes to other people..such as how do treat people?"

I've always been very giving, caring, empathetic, understanding, but also very anxious of people because of my anxiety. Now that it's gone I feel I can more openly approach people and chat it up with strangers, etc. But I've ALWAYS been empathetic, can't watch horror movies 'cause I feel the people's pain and it's messed up. My friend one said "It's funny that you'd buy lunch for a stranger sooner than food for yourself or a friend."

"What kind of differences do you have know with meds?"

Mainly what could be described as "dysthymia" has been lifted. Obviously anxiety has also gone away, and I am a lot more sociable. I interact with my family a LOT now, where as before I found it very hard to. Play scrabble a lot with my mother now, despite my work load and university studies. I also find I am more logical and less impulsive, though those aspect of me have stuck around a little.

"Do you think a lot before or after meds?"

The meds are 24/7 medication, I take them before I go to bed so when I wake up they're already in full swing and last the whole day, then by night time when I'm starting to feel them wear off I can take 'em again and get some sleep.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Do you believe this to be your order of function's Fe Si Ne Ti?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts