Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dersascha/38416172911/in/explore-2017-11-14/
I absolutely love this photo because of the pleasant solitariness, and it reminds me of the island where my mom came from that we visited. It brings a comforting feeling, especially since I like to swim.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favorite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
I'm not a person to hold expectations, and I'm pretty much ready for anything. I would go with the flow, and think that well, it's not up to me. My outward reactions are pretty indifferent, I keep a straight face and we could find something else that's fun to do.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I'd probably let the driver stay at the party, and trust his word, even if I am a bit doubtful. I'd tell him not to stay for long, and try to find a way out of the party, I dislike the atmosphere of parties and it drains me.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
I'd probably not say anything at first unless directly asked. I'd try to understand internally why my friend thinks this way, and if I did say anything, I'd speak out my disagreement truthfully and with respect to my friend's opinion.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
I'd go against it.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
I guess some of my most important values is that I try not to judge people for who they are, you never what past experience or pain affects them. I try to be a forgiving person who does what's right for those around me. I went about determining them from what I saw in my past, people that I initially didn't like who had an ulterior reason for their behavior. I am not sure if my values can change.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
I have always felt and been different from everyone else. I've always been mature for my age, and am much calmer, braver and reserved than others. There's nothing I would want to change, maybe if I was less independent, I wouldn't clash with others.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I usually get hunches about people. Such as when I don't really trust someone, I usually believe that impulse and stay away. My hunches and gut feelings are usually correct.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
I get energized with alone time, maybe a nice evening watching an episode, or motorbiking around my property, or playing some sports with friends, or going to the gym. Activities that drain me was school(hated it), parties, and basically any social events that had strangers.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
Sometimes I can feel raging emotions inwardly, but remain reserved on the outside. I don't let my emotions show on my face unless I allow them to. Around people I care about however, my emotions are more visible and I'll probably be smiling and laughing a lot more than with those I'm not comfortable with.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dersascha/38416172911/in/explore-2017-11-14/
I absolutely love this photo because of the pleasant solitariness, and it reminds me of the island where my mom came from that we visited. It brings a comforting feeling, especially since I like to swim.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favorite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
I'm not a person to hold expectations, and I'm pretty much ready for anything. I would go with the flow, and think that well, it's not up to me. My outward reactions are pretty indifferent, I keep a straight face and we could find something else that's fun to do.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I'd probably let the driver stay at the party, and trust his word, even if I am a bit doubtful. I'd tell him not to stay for long, and try to find a way out of the party, I dislike the atmosphere of parties and it drains me.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
I'd probably not say anything at first unless directly asked. I'd try to understand internally why my friend thinks this way, and if I did say anything, I'd speak out my disagreement truthfully and with respect to my friend's opinion.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
I'd go against it.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
I guess some of my most important values is that I try not to judge people for who they are, you never what past experience or pain affects them. I try to be a forgiving person who does what's right for those around me. I went about determining them from what I saw in my past, people that I initially didn't like who had an ulterior reason for their behavior. I am not sure if my values can change.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
I have always felt and been different from everyone else. I've always been mature for my age, and am much calmer, braver and reserved than others. There's nothing I would want to change, maybe if I was less independent, I wouldn't clash with others.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I usually get hunches about people. Such as when I don't really trust someone, I usually believe that impulse and stay away. My hunches and gut feelings are usually correct.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
I get energized with alone time, maybe a nice evening watching an episode, or motorbiking around my property, or playing some sports with friends, or going to the gym. Activities that drain me was school(hated it), parties, and basically any social events that had strangers.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
Sometimes I can feel raging emotions inwardly, but remain reserved on the outside. I don't let my emotions show on my face unless I allow them to. Around people I care about however, my emotions are more visible and I'll probably be smiling and laughing a lot more than with those I'm not comfortable with.
INTP 5w6

1 - 2 of 2 Posts