Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have taken the Myers brings test several times last two times getting infj. But I’ve also gotten infp. I don’t really relate to infp I don’t have the the deep understanding of myself, and I’m too much of a social chameleon. But I also don’t feel like I’m strong enough to be infj. Sometimes I feel like neither but those are the only two I get.

If anyone could help that would be great!

·
Registered
INTJ
223 Posts
Go to the What's My Type board and use one of the sticky questionnaires. Fill that out and post in that board and people will type you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
A jungian function test does give some clues when trying to decide whatever using most of TI or TE as well as any of the 8 functions.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A jungian function test does give some clues when trying to decide whatever using most of TI or TE as well as any of the 8 functions.
The functions are pretty intimidating to me not gonna lie! I ended making a post on the what is my type page! A few people said I sounded like isfj but I can’t really relate...

·
Registered
34 Posts
From what I know about mbti, the functions are sorted into dominant as well as auxiliary function, which makes up just 16 different cookie cutters for personality.

Let's say your three most used jungian functions are NI, FI and TI. That is kinda unusual, but at the same time, really easy to get mistyped as INFJ or INTP.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh that makes sense but it can be hard for me to figure which ones I relate to!

thanks for the clarification I think that’s the best way I’ve seen it explained.

·
Registered
34 Posts
There are no real answers to these questions, but INTJ with high FI (and low TE?) can mistype as INFJ, and INFJ with high TI (and low FE?) can mistype as INTP, so I thought?

·
Registered
34 Posts
the biggest problem with Mbti is that there is just 16 stereotypes, maybe you are close between S and N, which means you rely on past experiences (s) almost as much as imagining what could be (N).

·
Registered
ENFP
294 Posts
I just don't trust the test. The best way is to read about all the cognitive functions and how they manifest themselves in each type and then it becomes obvious what you are. INFPs and INFJs have a completely different function stack.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I know a few INFJ persons that test INFP when under stress. Look, the biggest "problem"of MTBI is that don't have stress indicator, and this is done by design, so let's say it's not a bug but a feature (= you can share your profile and nobody can associate your profile to some mental problem).

I suggest you to try a system that include stress levels, like big/global five, and look to your emotional stability. Or do an specific test based on that. You can also try to correlate your MTB with big 5. The E-I axis and J-P/O-U correlate pretty well, same for introversion, so chances are:

INFP <- RLUAI
INFJ <- RCOAI

here more about it

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know a few INFJ persons that test INFP when under stress. Look, the biggest "problem"of MTBI is that don't have stress indicator, and this is done by design, so let's say it's not a bug but a feature (= you can share your profile and nobody can associate your profile to some mental problem).

I suggest you to try a system that include stress levels, like big/global five, and look to your emotional stability. Or do an specific test based on that. You can also try to correlate your MTB with big 5. The E-I axis and J-P/O-U correlate pretty well, same for introversion, so chances are:

INFP <- RLUAI
INFJ <- RCOAI

here more about it
Thanks for the info!

I did one of those 20 question things, in retrospect I would have answered some of them differently! many said isfj which I’m unsure about as well.

20 questions answered confusion about mbt here’s the post btw!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts