Personality Cafe banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an idea of what types I think I might be.
I am not close to an expert on MBTi types but I will try to make my questionnaire as useful as i can, without writing too much :) I dont want to take too much of your time, but even brief responses are helpful!

My enneagram is 5w4 if that helps. Also, I am definitely an Introverted type.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What makes you feel inferior?
Being alone when surrounded with people, bad grades and test results, being ignored, aggressive behavior, being misunderstood. Do these matter?

What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I do consider others feelings as a part of decision making, but also common sense - It has to be efficient, and it has to work. I certainly have to think before I make decisions sometimes - If something spontaneously comes up and things dont go according to plan, I get agitated and if I dont get the chance to think it through, chances are, I will make the wrong decision. Because I get the feeling I know what the right thing is, but what makes me indecisive is other people or not liking the options.

When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
When I work on projects I imagine the most ideal outcome. I want to do the best I possibly can.
For example, I am making a folio for art (I am not an art student) and I prefer creating things to the best quality. My teacher wants me to create and explore many ideas, and at a large quantity, and then make them connect...which I dont like because there is no clear direction or objective. I prefer to come up with one idea, then develop/improve it, letting new ideas come spontaneously rather than forcing them, then making it a part of it. I already know what I want my final (the outcome) to be, and aim to work towards it. I end up having to work backwards because it is required to show how I got the idea (of the painting/drawing). Does that help in terms of Ne/Ni or Te/Ti?

When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I dont think I am a practical, hands on person. Learning is easier when I fully understand it, and I know why. Using facts is not difficult to remember either, but understanding the whole process makes it simpler to me. I need to know why. Sometimes I learn visually.

How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Fairly-somewhat organized. I write down dates and other small details just in case (but usually I can remember). To avoid losing things I always have a place to put them; I always have a plan B if things dont work out. I put things away, I aim to finish things before a deadline.

You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Of course I check If everyone is doing okay. It's effortless and I like helping people out. In group work I would focus on what everyones doing what they're best at to get the best outcome and make sure the work is staying relevant to the task.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Of course Im going to watch my favourate show. I appreciate my alone time at night. I would tell them to ask some else who would be willing to go out.

How do you act when you're stressed out?
I withdraw myself from other people more often, but that could just be introversion. It probably shows on the outside. I will try and do something to get rid of the stress and resolve the problem. If I cant I will engage myself in a distraction (video games, music, tv, reading, cooking and buying useless items are my stressed out hobbies) until I can do something about it. I tend to comfort eat when I am upset, and when I am anxious or thinking about something else I forget to eat. I talk about it to someone else.

What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
- I hate emotional outbursts and people who can't control themselves, its annoying and stressful to me, and I cant do anything until they settle down.
-stereotypes
-not thinking before they act; impulsive.
-when people are all about their feelings, and become irrational and dont make sense.
-aggression

Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I like to share opinions with people and debate with them, or coming up together with solutions to problems and how things work. If the person is smarter than me on a topic I will fire lots of questions at them. I tend to discuss interesting Tv shows/films/books, and figuring out what certain things mean (metaphors, foreshadowing, analyzing characters, trying to summarize what the entire story is about). Some might find me overbearing because I am always trying to get to know someone on a deeper level, they dont seem to like it.

What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
?Small things that are hard to remember or notice. My own health and well-being.

How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They say I am serious, and cautious, saying I always want to know every detail before I decide on something, and that I just "be myself" whatever that means. People think I am smart, but I think this is an overstatement. Some have also said I am "weird" and a little quirky. They say I am very "by the book", which was odd, Ive never thought that about myself.

You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Reading, Tv, listening to new music, trying to play music, talking to people, learning random things that come to mind, personality tests, drawing or inspiring myself with art, tidying my room, video games.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(thanks for reading)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts