Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! So I actually made this post somewhere else on my phone but was unable to figure out how to tag it on there. (Still new at this) I thought I could just edit it in later when I was at my computer but it doesn't seem to give me that option. I was still curious about more opinions so I decided to copy and paste the post here with the proper tags. I apologize if you already came across my earlier post since I don't want to feel like I'm spamming people. I appreciate all your help and thank you ahead of time! :happy:

---------------

Sorry, this will probably be a long post!

So I have a bad habit of deciding I am one type, being happy with it, then completely rethinking everything and thinking I'm the other type. And the cycle repeats but with the other type.This is one of those moments.

It is always between INFP and ENFP. I am either a social I or a shy and not as social E and when I take an extroverted/introverted quiz, I am always 50% exactly. (Yup... Frustrating)

When I take the tests, half the time I get ENFP and INFP for the other half. For the cognitive function, I have a hard time figuring out if Ne or Fi is stronger for me.

A little about myself that confused me on typing: I work by myself and like it since I can focus on work and be more creative. I do like collaborating as long as I have the freedom to be myself in my work. I don't get worn out socially if I'm around close friends but I can if I am around strangers. I'm pretty easy going and hard to upset but I do have a few pet peeves and things that set me off (not that many honestly but when they happen, I can get frustrated and upset). I don't like phone calls but I don't mind asking strangers for help if I'm in a store or something (I read that both of those introverts don't like?). I prefer to text. I can get spurts of impulsive behavior where I don't care what people think and then other times where I can be shy. I'm not one for being the center of attention (usually my birthdays are pretty chill and I just prefer to read a book since it's not often I get to spend a whole day reading). I do like entertaining people with stories though!

I heard ENFP/INFP are hard to tell the difference between and there are probably hundreds of posts out there similar to this.

I'm mostly curious if you guys have any tips on figuring this out, opinions based on my info, accurate quizzes, or even just links to other forum posts that maybe I've missed. (I've tried hunting around on the forums but haven't found one that helps enough)

·
Birdie Borracho
9,380 Posts
Hi! So I actually made this post somewhere else on my phone but was unable to figure out how to tag it on there. (Still new at this) I thought I could just edit it in later when I was at my computer but it doesn't seem to give me that option. I was still curious about more opinions so I decided to copy and paste the post here with the proper tags. I apologize if you already came across my earlier post since I don't want to feel like I'm spamming people. I appreciate all your help and thank you ahead of time! :happy:

---------------

Sorry, this will probably be a long post!

So I have a bad habit of deciding I am one type, being happy with it, then completely rethinking everything and thinking I'm the other type. And the cycle repeats but with the other type.This is one of those moments.

It is always between INFP and ENFP. I am either a social I or a shy and not as social E and when I take an extroverted/introverted quiz, I am always 50% exactly. (Yup... Frustrating)

When I take the tests, half the time I get ENFP and INFP for the other half. For the cognitive function, I have a hard time figuring out if Ne or Fi is stronger for me.

A little about myself that confused me on typing: I work by myself and like it since I can focus on work and be more creative. I do like collaborating as long as I have the freedom to be myself in my work. I don't get worn out socially if I'm around close friends but I can if I am around strangers. I'm pretty easy going and hard to upset but I do have a few pet peeves and things that set me off (not that many honestly but when they happen, I can get frustrated and upset). I don't like phone calls but I don't mind asking strangers for help if I'm in a store or something (I read that both of those introverts don't like?). I prefer to text. I can get spurts of impulsive behavior where I don't care what people think and then other times where I can be shy. I'm not one for being the center of attention (usually my birthdays are pretty chill and I just prefer to read a book since it's not often I get to spend a whole day reading). I do like entertaining people with stories though!

I heard ENFP/INFP are hard to tell the difference between and there are probably hundreds of posts out there similar to this.

I'm mostly curious if you guys have any tips on figuring this out, opinions based on my info, accurate quizzes, or even just links to other forum posts that maybe I've missed. (I've tried hunting around on the forums but haven't found one that helps enough)
With both being equal, decide if you can relate to Si or Te more. Which one frustrates you and which one is one you are aspiring to work on?

Also, choose between Se and Ti, if you feel you might use it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With both being equal, decide if you can relate to Si or Te more. Which one frustrates you and which one is one you are aspiring to work on?

Also, choose between Se and Ti, if you feel you might use it.
I never thought to think of it that way. After you mentioned that, I did a little reading on each. (I have only really been focusing on Ne and Fi this whole time) Out of Si and Te, I probably would prefer Si since Te does frustrate me more. I can use Te if I really need to though.

I might use Se but I think I use Si more. I don't think I use Ti that much though.

Looking at it that way, I guess I would be INFP?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts