Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! So I am a new member but long time lurker, the more I lurk the more I wonder if I am the ‘Type’ that my online test said I was, so I figured why not get many opinions rather than just one test right?!
All I ask is that whatever you classify me as please explain why so I can analyze and reflect.
I tried staying short and sweet, but also providing enough detail. Sorry for some long responses!

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Male – 24 – feeling lost – 4mo out of a 6yr relationship that I moved my life to another city for - currently in therapy but still the same person I’ve always been just a little down lol. Also diagnosed with ADHD(Adderall) and Anxiety(no meds). My profession is Chemical Engineering, however my current job I am not happy at and seeking what I feel I excel in.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

Plant Sky Tree Natural landscape Building

First, I love the beauty of fall so I am comforted by the colors and nature. Digging in, I see it in two ways.
  • This is just the beginning of where I am being led, and I just need to be patient (I have very little patience)
  • The more anxious side of feeling - the end is so far away that I will never get there (self doubt)

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Initial Thoughts: Of course, this is just my luck (feeling aggravated/angry)
Outward Reactions: I would be doing troubleshooting/trying to fix whatever went wrong. I’ve always been very intelligent and know I can do anything I put my mind to. I would probably let my pride stand too long before having to call for help.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

Weary, but I’m down. I tend to be more of the quiet guy in social situations where I don’t know people until I get the ‘vibe’. I would probably have a few drinks, but I would be eyeballing the ‘driver’ to know if I need to be the one to stop drinking so I could drive us all home.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Inwardly: I almost feel confused/attacked (I tend to stay true to my beliefs as they are based on my own life experiences)
Outwardly: If this claim was directed at me to speak on, I would have a healthy debate and test them on why they believe that way and figure out their perspective so I can try to understand. If the claim was more general, I would probably hold my tongue as I will avoid conflict, however this does go down in the deep dark chest I keep of every memory ever.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Again it depends on the setting… I can be a very ‘mind my own business person’ but I am also a very caring person that wants to share all experiences with others for hopes of someone gaining some sort of knowledge/ideas of someone who has been there.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Dependability – Intelligence – Love – Honesty – Kindness – Growth – Ambition (no order)
I could not tell you how I determined these, they are just reflections of what is important to me. I’m a very “I will just do it myself” kind of person because I know I will do it exactly how I want it done and I will not be disappointed in who you are for not putting the same 110% into literally everything you do. All in all, I look to be the protector and provider and really love positive feedback or acknowledgement. Not sure how they can change, I’m pretty driven for what I want.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) That when I set my mind on something, nothing will stop me from achieving it or being the best at whatever I do (which is anything I could imagine). I feel I will out work, out think, and go above and beyond for whatever I want or is asked of me.
b) In contrary to that statement, Self Confidence… My drive and work ethic are like the only things I am confident in myself on. I am trying to become more self-confident, but tend to over think – have bad anxiety – not feel good enough – care what others think – and try to people please to no benefit for myself.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

Typically I follow them. I would say they are most often triggered with if I am making the right decision for myself. I am a very great outward problem solver and decision maker, but anything that deals with myself directly I immediately get unsure about and begin to over analyze and try to figure out every possible scenario and make the gut feeling be rational by ‘data’ so to say.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) Learning and growing. I like to think of myself as a sponge and just want to learn all these different things and become the best at them. I love problem solving and being able to come up with new ideas or better ways to complete tasks.
b) Anything unproductive or being complacent – as much as I would be stressed with having a busy schedule and so much to do, I get more stressed when I have nothing to do… I feel my mind works 1000x harder doing nothing than it does focused on task driven activities. Complacency brings more anxiety, depression, obsessive thoughts.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

Emotions – therapy is helping explore this more recently. And because of the “BE A MAN” ideology… You must be strong, show no weakness, show no emotion, provide, etc. Which I am coming to see as (excuse my French) a load of horse shit. Men have the same emotions as women, yet we as a group automatically down one another for it while women support each other. I repress emotions to not come across as weak.

Now that you are done, I have had multiple test results as ENTJ and one as INTJ and Enneagram type 6 (98%) and type 1/3(97%) but the two together tend to not be common. I'm interested in your thoughts and reasonings. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm going to guess your core type is 6w5. You seem like a likely head type and I see some 5 influence based upon your being energized by learning but 5s tend to have a bit of darkness, edge, and self-withdrawal to the sorts of knowledge they seek. You seem like you like learning things and using that to troubleshoot situations for others which is very typical of 6w5s. This would also account for the muted reactivity. You also talk about strategically deciphering what others are saying and where their beliefs are coming from. What's more your desire to stay productive is also a very 6ish thing to do, 6s tend to like being of practical use and are pretty task driven and the fact that you also do so to curtail anxiety points me towards that direction. And pre-emptively eyeballing the driver at the party speaks to the 6 tendency to spot trouble areas.

As far as instinctual stacking goes. . .that's a bit more difficult. You don't seem like a social blind as you talk about caring what others think leading to low self-esteem. How often you talk about your work ethic also points me towards not being sp blind which narrows the possibilities of stacking down to sp/so or so/sp. How you talk about the party points me towards thinking you are a so dom because you want to get the vibe before you start interacting. So seconds tend to be more likely to jump in quickly in response to their dominant instinct (sp doms will go towards refreshments and socialize, sx doms are going to go "hunting" for someone that hits their radar) but so doms want to attune to the frequency of the room before they act.

Your fix (without wings) is extremely easy to pin down here. 639. Triple attachment, reactive, positive-outlook, and competency, withdrawn, competency, and compliant to super ego. This is a trifix that can be incredibly adaptable to all the shit life throws at them but also tends to often lose touch with who they are, how they are. Often problems with generalized anxiety and generalized depression due to being disconnected from what anchors/centers them.

With all that in mind my final guess is: 6w5, So/Sp, 639.
Hmmm, great analyzation there. I am always so amazed at how well people can read others. I on the other hand always seem so blind to it!

6w5 was the direction the online test pointed me to as well, however (I guess being a 6 trait) do not want to be a 6, but I definitely can let my emotions take control and all the anxiety follows. Your response seems to hold true to the deeper things you cannot explain in typing on a forum, especially the "incredibly adaptable part but lose touch with who they are" part. I think that is where I currently am in life and don't feel capable of making the best decisions for myself, even though I know I am beyond capable of making intelligent decisions. I guess this could also be to being in a 6yr relationship with a extremely driven type 1 that I was comfortable validating decisions with.
Anyway, I'm starting to ramble...
Thank you for your input and response, Hope you have a wonderful evening!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts