Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Mostly finding my dominant and auxiliary function. I think I'm Introverted if that helps any, I just have a hard time figuring out what my extroverted function is and having an even harder time trying to decipher what my dominant function could be.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Man... that's a tough one, its been on my mind recently and honestly, I don't really feel like I can truly answer because it changes from day to day. I think the one thing most of my ideas have is passion, I really want to find something that I can be passionate and find meaning in.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
My second time hiking but my first hike above tree line. It was one of my finest because it was a rather difficult hike, very steep. I remember when I got to the top I couldn't see anything because I was in a cloud and it was foggy and it was windy so I hunkered down in ruins of an old fire-watch tower, I sat down eating food and chilled out, when I stood up the view wasn't cloudy but completely clear view of everything around, it was beautiful and I just felt so calm and relaxed, it was definitely worth missing a day of College classes for.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Dating and socializing. I am very awkward around people but especially around crushes, I think I tend to scare them off with my awkwardness and I am so tense and nervous that I worry about what to say and fear being rejected.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I OVER-THINK ALL OF THESE. I'm seriously the worst decision maker ever, I can't help but think of people, pros and cons and how I feel about it. I wish i could be more narrow but when I have to make or weigh on a decision I over-think everything about it, my friends and family have always said that I over-think everything and I have been told more times than I can count to just "relax and stop over-thinking it."

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
If I care enough yes. Most of the time though it depends on what were talking about, if were talking about school work then I don't really care unless its something that could potentially fail me, if its a decision that would impact other people then I will try to do a better job but again, its all about how much I care about those people, my friends and family yeah I want to do a good job, some random stranger or students in a group then I don't really care.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
My first Rocky Horror show was a lot of fun. I was really nervous and scared at first because it was my first time but by the end of it I was laughing, hard not to laugh and have a good time when your dude friends are wearing lingerie and asking if I was questioning my sexuality yet.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I think hands on but at the same time I'm not like a put my hands on something and instantly get it, I make a lot of mistakes the first time, but also if I'm like, working on a car I'm going to think if I do this this might happen and I don't want that, sometimes I over-think it though and mess up because yeah.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Not at all lol. I've always had a problem being organized, I try sometimes but it never really lasts long. An example being this College semester I started with 4 notebooks for each of my classes, I only use one of them for all of my classes.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
If I have an idea like a career I'm considering I'll ask myself it makes sense or if it seems neat and browse the internet finding all the information I can about it and determine from that information if its something I could see myself doing and enjoying or if the money and other benefits outweigh the negative aspects that come with it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I guess if I care about the group enough, but in all honesty I don't really care about other people and if I do I'm going to want to be myself around them. I don't really know... if the question is asking between being a group and playing nice to everyone or being alone and being myself then I'm going to choose the second one.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I'm definitely introverted on this question. I prefer being given the time to think on a question and really prefer one-on-one communication compared to group.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know what I'm jumping into and will most of the time ask if the reward outweighs the risk. I think action speaks louder than the words, I strongly believe that there are two types of people in this world, the doers and the talkers. I know people will say that the pen is mightier than the sword, I think it depends on the circumstance and in the circumstance that its mightier I would count it as taking action.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I'm going to watch TV unless whatever there doing is really entertaining or if I really want to hangout with them for some reason. Depends on which group of friends really.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Moody and impatient. I'll be more prone to snap or say something messed up, mostly when I'm stressed out I just want to be alone which is hard to do because most of the time in a stressed out situation I have to be around other people.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Generally selfishness and treating other people poorly, people that think highly of themselves, people that talk down or beat on other people really gets to me. Mostly I just avoid people and ignore them but I think there are a lot of people that once I get to know I just have a hard time liking them or wanting to be around them, one of the reasons College gets to me sometimes, for every decent person that doesn't bother me there's a group of assholes who I have zero interest in being around.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Hiking, history, music, video games but that's very iffy, it depends on if I like the video game, I'm not really a gamer so very rarely will I want to talk about it for a sustained amount of time, just a quick I like this and this, the same goes for TV and sports. If someone wants to talk to me about How I Met Your Mother or UFC then I'm cool with that, that being said it probably won't be a long conversation.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Money, grades, getting my license. I honestly just hate thinking on stuff that stresses me out so I just avoid it if I can. Its easy for me to stress out and get anxious about important stuff so I just try to ignore it, so I guess the things I ignore or blow off are the important things in my life that I blow off.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
As of recently I have heard, procrastinator, lazy, and moody, angry, but the same people have called me loyal, quiet and fun to hangout with. I think those all are all true, kind of weird about the fun to hangout with because I never get invited to hangout and I don't really enjoy hanging out with other people all the time, I'm pretty quiet and laid back and generally get asked to say something becasue I suck at conversing with people.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
In all honesty probably nothing, I'm cool with just doing nothing and just chilling out all day. The best day for me is the day where I have zero obligations and can do whatever I want to do. There will probably be music and alcohol.

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
I'm going to guess ISFJ or ISTJ but I'm not quite sure even on that; I'll have to think about it a bit more. Interested to hear what others will say.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.