Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean no disrespect towards the people who made these surveys, I just have a really short attention span. I have no idea what my type is :frustrating: think I'm most likely an ??N??, but that's all I know, and I would really appreciate some help.

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
I have depression and PTSD. Also, I'm a girl and I turned 16 the day before yesterday. I'm bored and have cat whiskers painted on my face, talking to someone I really like, reading college application tips, watching Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. But still kinda bored.

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?

I'd say my most common result is ENTP. I first thought I was an ENTJ but I might be too soft for that, I think I'm really at the middle of the thinking-feeling spectrum too.

3. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Choose 2 photos and look at each for as long as you feel that you need, and write your impression of each of them.
I wonder how many kids thought this was a shooting star, and I wonder what they wished.
This is a really nice picture. It's in the Netherlands and idk it looks calm but not sad or boring. Solitary but not lonely.

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?
It's manual labor so I can just tune it out. I'll listen and speculate with them since what they're saying is interesting.

5a. What are some of your most important values?
Protecting the good and innocent people with the potential to be good (i.e children, "clean slates") and eliminating the bad ones.

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?
Of course they can. Everybody's values are shaped through external influences and the way they choose to interpret them. I'm not sure how they would change. Maybe I'd meet some kind of lowdown scum like a pedophile and be convinced that acting on those (abnormal) urges is something you can't control. Maybe I could meet someone who killed people who didn't deserve it and be swayed into tolerating their (warped) perspective. I don't know. Honestly most of my values just came from me thinking except some really bad stuff that happened when I was a kid affected them.

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?
Giggle and probably say "wow, you're really stupid" and laugh whenever they try to retort until they know their place.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?
Being with people I love. I get super excited when I see them because we get along so well and I know they love me back.

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?
Being told what to do when it isn't warranted. It gives me the energy to tell them why they aren't in the position to act like they're in charge of me, but then I'm just really tired and irritated and need to sleep.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extroverted? Why do you believe that?
Somewhere in between, but probably extroverted. Socializing gives me energy, whether it's winning an argument or giving a friend advice.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?
I'd say my greatest qualities are my quick thinking and ability to read people. On the downside, my curiosity gets the best of me a lot and I can have a really short temper. In general I'm really playful and inquisitive and either the meanest or most affectionate person ever depending on who I'm with.

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
Basically I tackle whatever's in my way then revert back to a childlike state and just relax to forget about my responsibility. I can be really dependent on my boyfriend and easily scared. During finals I study all I need to then pat myself on the back and take the end of the semester break for leisure time once I get my grades.

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?

My height. I'm a bit shy of 4'11 and my friends tease me for it sometimes.

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?
It changes every few weeks. Different concepts. I had a nihilistic phase when I was like 11 then a morally relative one later on. I was really stupid back then. But yeah, I bounce from idea to idea but I'm pretty solid at the moment, even though that'll probably change. My brain never sleeps. I think about my future and what I can do to contribute to my success a lot, too.

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?
It can be annoying. If I'm stressed out and around someone I really trust I'll want reassurance, but most of the time I really don't care. The limit is when it becomes not trying to be helpful but just pissing around and being nosy.

14. Anything beyond what has been discussed that you would like to add?
I'm still watching Here Comes Honey Boo Boo and their willingness to talk about the consistency of their sex lives and bowel movements on national television has almost moved me to tears. It's awe inspiring, really. What an amazing world we live in.

Thank you for your help in advance! No smartass comments about the pink font, I learned my lesson from posting in the INTP forum.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking ENFP. Have you done a cognitive function quiz?

Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes
Yepper! I took the one on this site the other day and got Ne - Fe - Ni - Ti - Te - Fi - Si - Se

Aaaand I just took the one you linked and this was my result:
Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************ (24.9)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************ (12)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************************************** (45.4)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************** (35.3)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************* (37.2)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************** (35.5)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************************** (39.1)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************** (40)
excellent use

Your signature pic is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen btw.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Yepper! I took the one on this site the other day and got Ne - Fe - Ni - Ti - Te - Fi - Si - Se

Aaaand I just took the one you linked and this was my result:
Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************ (24.9)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************ (12)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************************************** (45.4)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************** (35.3)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************* (37.2)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************** (35.5)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************************** (39.1)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************** (40)
excellent use
Hmm, so the PerC test said ENTP and the Keys2Cognition one said ENFP. Well, you're definitely an ENxP! You're just a bundle of Ne. I'm leaning towards ENTP now though. You scored pretty highly on Fe on both tests which would be consistent with an ENTP. ENTP with a well developed Fe and that would be why you're on the T/F borderline. I wouldn't be surprised if you were an ENFP.

You might want to read up on the difference between Ti and Fi.

Ooh, if you decide on a type, PM or quote me or something. I'd be interested to know what you decided on.

Your signature pic is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen btw.
Why, thank you! I've been saying it to people for years, so when I saw the cartoon I just had to put it in my sig.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, so the PerC test said ENTP and the Keys2Cognition one said ENFP. Well, you're definitely an ENxP! You're just a bundle of Ne. I'm leaning towards ENTP now though. You scored pretty highly on Fe on both tests which would be consistent with an ENTP. ENTP with a well developed Fe and that would be why you're on the T/F borderline. I wouldn't be surprised if you were an ENFP.

You might want to read up on the difference between Ti and Fi.

Ooh, if you decide on a type, PM or quote me or something. I'd be interested to know what you decided on.

Why, thank you! I've been saying it to people for years, so when I saw the cartoon I just had to put it in my sig.
Hmm, EN?P makes a lot of sense. I'm talking to my friend who knows about MBTI and he can't figure out if I'm an ENTP or ENFP either, lol. When I first read about Ne I was like "hey, that's me!!" it honestly fits me to a T. So I decided to check out the ENTP and ENFP boards and read through a couple pages of the "You Know You're an X When..." threads and I can relate to the ENTP ones the most. I definitely have Fe. I'm good at reading people and I'm really nice to people who I don't see as lazy or stupid. On the other hand I have high Fi, but I saw people talking about pacifism and achieving world peace and yeah..that isn't me... So I think I'm just a really girly ENTP?

Yep!! ENTP it is! Thank you!!

·
Registered
433 Posts
ENFP based on the MBTI dichotomies, also I have forum stalked you a little. :cool:

From my observations ENFP argue points for fun, ENTP argue point to bring perspective. You strike me as someone who is more warm with a fun "abstract" sense of humor. All of the ENFP I know are also very intelligent. Yes I read through your bubbly pink text, for some reason I enjoy you. I tend not to rely on the cognitive functions anymore since I find they can be unreliable. however, You appear to be using Fi>Ti.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts