Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am not sure about my type. I hope you will figure it out :)

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

Sorry, I don't know how to add photos here.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
I stay calm and composed but slightly excited, observe situation and look for solution. If had knowledge about cars I would try to fix the car, but I don’t know anything about cars. I would try to hitch hike, call for help, or walk and find civilization.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I would probably be tired after concert, and I don’t like to spend too much time with people so I want to be at home as soon as possible and rest, so I tell him that and I ask for ride back to home or bus stop.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
I don’t react and stay quiet, because I don’t care about people’s opinions and claims, they can talk whatever they can, as long as they don’t try to convince me to their opinions. Beside that I don’t like to arguing, unnecessary talking tires me.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
I think I am openminded, so I would think about it and I tried to understand what is more correct – my experiences and beliefs or that new thing.
6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Freedom and independence. I like to work alone, care only about myslef and I am very individualistic person. I don’t know how I come about determining them, I always liked to do things on my way.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) I stay unreactive whatever happens, I am calm under stress and in crisis situation. I am good at analysing things and I am enough confident to take risk, and I enjoy risk. I don’t talk too much, and I talk the least in a group.

b) It would be talkativness (being sociable), I would like to be more talkative. I feel happy with myself, but I would choose that one thing.
8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
It’s difficult to say, they are triggered in random situations. I ignore them, I prefer to stick to logic and facts than some weird feelings.
9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) SPORTS. I really like to play football with my friends, ride on the bike, jump, run etc., watch football, volleyball, handball, MMA and doing house work on my backyard. I like to drink alcohol with friends (but not so often). TV series and movies (action movies especially) and listening to music (heavy metal music) are also things that gives me energy.
b)* Smalltalk, being around talkative, oversensitive, childish people.
*Thinking about future and planning a far future.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
When someone talks to me I listen and pretend I am interested, but deep inside, I want to tell that someone that I don’t really care, but I am not doing that because I don’t want to be seen as douche.

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Male, 22, feel happiness mixed with peace of mind.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
I prefer the second one. First picture shows me just empty beach at night (don’t get me wrong, it’s really beautiful landscape :D), but second picture is really nice, because it shows date with chick, which is cool and more enjoying for me, and I can see more detail there.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
I am man of just few words, so it’s going to be short answer :D I think I am mysterious, level-headed, cool guy, who is respected by others.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

I feel good with my self, but I would like to be more sociable and talkative. I wouldn’t like to be some dumbass who follows the trends and fashion, takes selfies with duckface and adds it to instagram or snapchat. I consider it as immature and unmanly.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
I’ve heard many times I am levelheaded and snarky, but few persons called me nice, so I think other people would describe in the same way I described myself. Some people would say I am sad and serious, and that’s not true. I maintain deadspan expression, never raise voice and very rarely show emotions, but I am not sad and serious. When I talk with someone face to face, or when I am with my mates I joke all the time.
6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.

This value test doesn’t work, but the most important things for me are for sure freedom and independence.
Except that: fun, peace, adaptability, adventure, balance, reputation, courage, compassion, justice.
Source: personalvalu.es

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
I enjoy novelty and new situations in my life, I like when something happens, but I really don’t like drastical and sudden changes. Even when this types of changes happens I deal well with them, I think I am flexible and easily adaptional.
Real life example: Once I had to receive my mom’s certificate in unknown place and unknown, for me, part of town. My phone has discharged, so I couldn’t use Google and internet, so I started approaching strangers and ask for directions until I reached this place. I approached about 5 people then. It was fun for me, I like exploring places.
8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I live with attitude that whatever is going to happen I am going be ok, nothing bad is going to happen to me, but I don’t confuse it with thoughtlessness. For example, I wouldn’t go to fight with three taller and stronger man, it would be just stupid. I like to analyse thing, stay calm, wait and observe and act properly.

Real life example:
Once I had very important and difficult exam. I haven’t studied. All persons were almost shaking but not me. I started to watching what happens around. I saw professor is not looking at me too often, so I secretly started to look answers in my phone and in the notebook. It was risky, but it was worth it because I passed.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
It’s difficult question.I behave in almost the exactly same way as always, but maybe I am even more chill, happy and optimistic then?
Real life experience: When playing football with some strangers I’m starting to joking more, boasting and trashtalk but in kind and funny way. If someones does this to me I am ok, I always burst with laughter.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
I’m feeling good around the people, I think my social skills are decent. I’m very good at one on one interactions, I can to lead during the interaction and I am calm as always. I can easily open to someone when talking one on one. I’m comfortable with public speeches, I don’t anxious when I have to say something in front of others, but I am not good at group interactions, I speak rarely and prefer to listen.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

Some people are good, and some people are not.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
It doesn’t matter if you are policeman, professor or even pope. I will do what I want, what I consider is comfortable and good for me. Despite of that, I am disciplined so I don’t get into troubles easily. I am aware of consequences of my deeds.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
I’ve got mess in my room and I procrastinate all the time, or even too late with something, so chaos is big part of my live :D.
I like to improvise, preparing for something can be boring, but sometimes I have to.
14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

To be honest, I have no worries and significant fears. I control my life and I go forward with optimism.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

I desire in my life to be independent and happy. I don’t want to depend too much on other people and control my life. One day I would like to be rich, because If you have money you can get everything. Maybe it’s trivial, but it is true.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) SPORTS. I really like to play football with my friends, ride on the bike, jump, run etc., watch football, volleyball, handball, MMA and doing house work on my backyard. I like to drink alcohol with friends (but not so often). Watching TV series and movies (action movies especially) and listening to music as loud as it’s possible (heavy metal music) are also activities that gives me energy.
b)* Smalltalk, being around talkative, oversensitive, childish people.
*Thinking about future and planning a far future.

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

I’m interested in psychology a little bit, so I want to know my type because of curiosity. I like to discover myself, be more self aware. I did some research in web and I think I am ISTP , but I can see influences from IXTX types.

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?
Nope, everything has been said.

If you want more details, you can visit my previous thread.

·
Registered
INFJ: The overrated type for no good reason
475 Posts
PhantomLord, you're, with absolutely no doubt, an ISTP my dude. Now it kinda sucks being born as an INFJ, because I have horrid self-experience memory (Si); despite having just read your entire post. Fortunately, I was given Ni-dominance instead. So I can tell you with absolute intuitive certainty, that based on the information that I incompetently observed with my inferior Se, that you're no other type than an ISTP. Be proud of your ISTPness, because on a normal basis, I wish I was half as observant and cool-headed as you guys.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everyone of us has strenghts and weaknesses, you should be pride with yourself despite of your type.

What If I am INTP? I've read somewhere INTP are very similar to ISTP.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
You seem to be chill, observant, exploratory and have a high focus on experience and visual cues. Your stories and answers are rich in details and are on point. You also seem introverted, you say it yourself in every answer, just like your insensitivity yet love for the emotional ones being around you which is strongly indicative of T type (more likely TP as in theory TJ hate it unless it's their loved ones).

ISTP is clearly the best fit. It is likely you will find INTP as fitting too as intuitive types are more appealing. That leads to people mistyping, focusing on limitations, or making things up. INTPs absolutely ignore Se tendencies, and Se is what you seem to use.

Sometimes, it's hard to differentiate them. That happens when you do not fit the stereotypes. Real life observations tend to be best bet in these cases as they seem exactly the same on the internet (especially if it is ISTP believing to be INTP, and if you hang out around here, you will meet many).

Try this. Provide us 10 fictional characters or real life people that you think are like you. Try to explain why you see yourself in them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's was difficult, but I found somehow people who are quiet similar to me.

1. Leonard Snart (The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow) - I can literally see me in this character*. :D He is very sarcastic, witty, and a little abrasive, he plans all details of his heists (he's a thief; he claims he is criminal because of "adrenaline and thrill of the chase", he "loves being criminal and he is good at it"), he is definition of stoicism: never raises voice, rarely shows emotions, stays cool and calm all the time, very inteligent, cocky. He is prideful and he is man of his word. He deeply cares and loves his younger sister, able to show compassion and isn't totally bad.
*No, I am not a criminal.

2. Harry Callahan (Dirty Harry) - unreactive, calm, serious demeanor (but chilled, relaxed).
3. Cowboy (Clint Eastwood) from Italian westerns - as above.
4. Frank Castle (The Punisher) - As above.
5. James Bond - as above.
6. Geralt of Rivia (The Witcher) - as above
7. Thomas Shelby (Peaky Blinders) - he's maybe not relaxed and chilled, but he's quiet and calm.
8. Michael Corleone (The Godfather) - same here
9. Mike (Breaking Bad) - same here
10. Agent 47 (Hitman games & movie) - same here

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
It's was difficult, but I found somehow people who are quiet similar to me.

1. Leonard Snart (The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow) - I can literally see me in this character*. :D He is very sarcastic, witty, and a little abrasive, he plans all details of his heists (he's a thief; he claims he is criminal because of "adrenaline and thrill of the chase", he "loves being criminal and he is good at it"), he is definition of stoicism: never raises voice, rarely shows emotions, stays cool and calm all the time, very inteligent, cocky. He is prideful and he is man of his word. He deeply cares and loves his younger sister, able to show compassion and isn't totally bad.
*No, I am not a criminal.

2. Harry Callahan (Dirty Harry) - unreactive, calm, serious demeanor (but chilled, relaxed).
3. Cowboy (Clint Eastwood) from Italian westerns - as above.
4. Frank Castle (The Punisher) - As above.
5. James Bond - as above.
6. Geralt of Rivia (The Witcher) - as above
7. Thomas Shelby (Peaky Blinders) - he's maybe not relaxed and chilled, but he's quiet and calm.
8. Michael Corleone (The Godfather) - same here
9. Mike (Breaking Bad) - same here
10. Agent 47 (Hitman games & movie) - same here
I know half of those, and they're all ISTPs.

Is there any reason you think you may be INTP and not an ISTP anyway?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To be honest, I am beginner in MBTI and I am not expert in this.
I think I am ISTP, just wondering If I am INTP, because I don't know exactly differences between N and S :D.

·
Registered
475 Posts
You gotta see beyond the simple letter dichotomy. N, which symbolically means intuition in the MBTI community, can mean one of two things:

1. Introverted Intuition: Simply, the function that, depending on where it is in your function stacking, takes apart what Se perceives in order to conjure holisms.

2. Extroverted Intuition: Simply, the function that, depending on where it is in your function stacking, refers to what one experiences through Si in order to conjure pathways.

On the other hand, S, which symbolically means sensation in the MBTI community, can also mean one of two things:

1. Introverted Sensation: Simply, the function that, depending on where it is in your function stacking, sensually experiences the pathways given by Ne in order to form impressions of stability.

2. Extroverted Sensation: Simply, the function that, depending on where it is in your function stacking, sensually manipulates reality in order to have it align with Ni holisms.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All right...
So if you guys telling me I am ISTP, and I think I am ISTP, we have agreement and we can assume that is the truth.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One more question:
I've read N dom or N aux users are good at anticipating/ predicting future events and planning, and I thought I am INTP because I am pretty good at it.
Are ISTP's also good at it? Is it all about Ti dom shared with INTP? Is Ti dom responsible for that?

·
Registered
475 Posts
ISTPs are good at anticipating their own Se-actions through the patterns extracted and reflected upon. This would be because of Ni-tertiary. However, Ni is only valued by the ISTP once Se has done what it will do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts