Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
290 Posts
Surely there's more to it than "don't be an idiot"? But then again, how do you define idiocy? And is this definition held by ENTJs in general, or is it more specific to your own personal perceptions? Not being an idiot might lead to a detached sense of respect for another person, and even towards the building of casual friendships; but does it lead to attachment as well? Do you grow very fond of every person you meet who happens to not be an idiot? And I'm genuinely interested in understanding here.
You're overthinking it. It's really simple. ENTJ's live by that one rule. Don't be an idiot. ENTJ's love competence. If you are good at your job, or you are talented at what you do, I think it's stupid not to give you kudos. If you suck at your job, I have the right to tell you you do. We also love efficiency. Don't waste.

Reactions: b3th

· Registered
290 Posts
Again, I can see how someone being competent would cause you to respect them. I too easily respect people I feel are competent, and I'm very attracted to these same individuals as well. But my question is, does competence itself cause ENTJs to let people into their personal space? Would it lower the ENTJ's wall so that the other person has an opportunity to explore their more authentic side? Is that all it takes?
Competence isn't the only thing required to be let into an ENTJ's personal space. I'd say it varies a lot from person to person depending on their morals. I don't want to make a hasty generalizations.

Got any examples from other types?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.