Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a few questions for all the types. I'm posting this thread in each type's section. Feel free to answer in as much detail as you can stand! Any additional information/ thoughts on connecting and interacting with your type are equally appreciated.

1. What is the best way to initially connect with you?

2. What is the best way to maintain a connection with you?

3. What kind of people that you interact with most positively impact you? (e.g. those I can bounce my ideas off, those I can confide in, etc.)

4.What kind of interaction do you enjoy the most?

5. What kind of people/material/etc. inspire you?

·
Registered
933 Posts
1. What is the best way to initially connect with you? I am unsure how this could happen but this is a possibility. You certainly can gain my attention and chat but "connect" is a little too close for initial contacts. I need time to get to know you and get used to you.

2. What is the best way to maintain a connection with you? I don't need a "connection" with a lot of people. We could just be friends who chat on occasion.

3. What kind of people that you interact with most positively impact you? (e.g. those I can bounce my ideas off, those I can confide in, etc.) Just folks. I have no specific preferences but kind of judge by each individual as I encounter them. If I sense instability or something a little "off" with a person I lose interest in talking or interacting very quickly.

4.What kind of interaction do you enjoy the most? I notice people ask me where things are in the store a lot. Maybe I look like I work there. I have worn khakis and a green shirt and got mistaken for a lady who works at the zoo. I am standing in the post office and someone addresses Someone,"How are things going at the zoo?" I don't respond knowing they can't be talking to me but I sense they Are talking to me,huh? I answer,"Just fine." in my mind thinking about my dog,cat and rabbits at the house. Then I notice Everyone is looking at Me. Then someone says,"Don't you work at the zoo?" I say,"No." Then they all smile and tell me I look like the lady who manages the zoo. How fun and kind of true. :)

5. What kind of people/material/etc. inspire you? Being alone studying things or working in my garden inspires me. Being with someone who doesn't mind if I have my own mind is almost just as good.

Your welcome. :)

To be a optimist one must be more prepared than the pessimists.

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
1. What is the best way to initially connect with you?
2. What is the best way to maintain a connection with you?
3. What kind of people that you interact with most positively impact you? (e.g. those I can bounce my ideas off, those I can confide in, etc.)
4.What kind of interaction do you enjoy the most?
5. What kind of people/material/etc. inspire you?
1. Start a non-intrusive (but interesting) conversation with me in a non-threatening place. If someone approached me at the post office (it's a tiny post office that was built in 1961 so by design it can't accomodate more than a few people at a time) and said something along the lines of, "Oh, I noticed your car was doing (insert problem here) when you pulled up - I have a similar car; it's doing the same thing, and (inexpensive solution X) solved it", I'd be MUCH more likely to continue to engage the person in conversation about that and other things. IOW, one-on-one conversation is the way to go. Don't expect me to respond in a large group situation unless I'm put on the spot and have to (although I can do so, I'll be uncomfortable if forced into it).

2/3. People that are DOERS (IOW, people that DO, not SAY). Words are cheap, but actions are what count. If you follow-through and do what you say you are going to do, then you have just gained 1000 respect points from me. Don't flake out, and don't give up when the first (and easiest) solution doesn't work. Don't be a blabbermouth. If I know that I can trust you to keep your own counsel, then I am much more likely to allow you into my inner circle and give you my true thoughts/advice on matters, rather than the politically-correct drivel that passes for solutions nowadays. IOW, I will tell you what I think works, as opposed to some BS crap.

4. One-on-one interaction, or interaction in small groups at best. Between two and five people is about right. Any more than that and it starts to become a crowd, and as I mentioned, we don't do well with crowds.

5. I already kind of answered this, but in addition to the above, be hard-working (don't be afraid to do the grunt work that no one else wants to do). Don't lie or steal. Don't puff yourself up to be more than you actually are (don't sell yourself short, either ... but the truth of the matter is not everyone deserves a "participation trophy"). Say what you mean and mean what you say. Don't be pretentious. When I am talking to people, I give them my full and complete attention and I expect the courtesy to be returned (this is why you might have to wait to be acknowledged if I'm busy doing something on the computer, speaking with someone else, etc. I'm not being rude or ignoring you - I'm giving the person or the task the attention it deserves and will extend you the same courtesy). Pragmatism rules - but with an eye on "I can push myself to do more next time regardless of what anyone else says".

HTH.

·
Registered
933 Posts
My post office encounter involved about 6 people. I knew some of those people and see them often so I forgot to mention that part. More people than that staring at me and I would not like it. I like my routine and seeing the same people every day. Getting familiar with certain people I can trust helps me let my guard down on occasion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts