Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently become interested in socionics and tested exclusively as an INTp - ILI on multiple occasions. I specifically identify with philosopher (Ni-INTp), link: Socionics - the16types.info - Type and subtype descriptions by Meged and Ovch

Which I now have four questions regarding the identification.

- What is the population of INTp? I have received conflicting answers from different sources. I got the impression we are quite more common compared to the INTJ MBTI type, which I also have exclusively have tested as.

- Would an ESTj - LSE be a possible romantic candidate? It was stated on the socionics website that, ESTj - LSE is less favorable, what made them arise to that conclusion? link: Socionics - the16types.info - INTp description by Filatova

- What are some recommended career paths for ILI (Ni-INTp)? Are we statistically career successful regarding income consumption?

- What are some common weaknesses, insecurities, or internal characteristics among ILI (Ni-INTp)?

Thank you to all responses!

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
You shouldn't take relationship advice from socionics. Just date whoever you like. Same thing for careers. Do what YOU want to do. Don't let yourself be led by generalizations.

I'm an ILI and I enjoy programming. In terms of money, I'm full on or full off. Either I don't spend anything unless absolutely necessary, or I spend like a madman on things I want (like completing a set of lego). My weakness is my paranoia. I don't trust anyone, because everyone can lie and deceive. This leads me to be distant from people around me.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
The tests are nonsense, and the type descriptions aren't much better. I test exclusively as an ILI and an INTJ.

Yet as I studied, my abundant Ti use became more and more apparent until finally I realised that it must be my lead function.

The official natural partner for the ILI is the SEE. However, most people I've met find they prefer to date people that they have things in common with, and ILIs don't have much in common at all with SEEs.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Having something in common with someone has nothing to do with type.

Life is unpredictable.
Life is boring because it's predictable. The goals and focus of duals are polar opposite to one another. I'm not referring to common interests, I'm talking about people who have similar talents & focus.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Life is not predictable. Anyone who claims as such is foolish.
You call me foolish? I return it.

I make predictions all the time, and some of them have outright shocked people. I wouldn't be able to do that if life wasn't predictable. Accurate empathy stems from the predictable nature of humans. If humans weren't predictable, empathy would never be accurate.

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
You call me foolish? I return it.

I make predictions all the time, and some of them have outright shocked people. I wouldn't be able to do that if life wasn't predictable. Accurate empathy stems from the predictable nature of humans. If humans weren't predictable, empathy would never be accurate.
Why do you return it?

Predict me then.

Go on, I dare you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Some aspects of life are very predictable. Some other aspects are almost impossible to predict.

For example: the behaviour of individuals in a given group and/or situation can be easily predicted. Tomorrow's weather, on the other hand, is very hard to predict.

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
Some aspects of life are very predictable. Some other aspects are almost impossible to predict.

For example: the behaviour of individuals in a given group and/or situation can be easily predicted. Tomorrow's weather, on the other hand, is very hard to predict.
What aspects are predictable? Examples, please.

You can't predict me as part of a group; I reject that, I am an individual.

this sounds NiFe.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I predict this thread may be derailed within the next few responses and Fried Eggz may be in danger of being attacked by a menacing girl who licks bugs. :tongue:

I was reading relationship of supervision, there was literally not one good statement or possibility of success within the coupling. It was quite disappointing. link: Socionics - the16types.info - Supervision-relations

I also read that ESFp - SEE was the most favorable type for INTp - ILI due to duality but in reality, I never found any ESFps romantically attractive long-term. I always thought ESTj - LSE was more possible due to their logic, and efficiency with daily agendas, since I hate concerning myself with day-to-day minor decisions and value their organization. The socionics descriptions seems to outline the difficulties I've noticed between LSEs and I, but they fail to acknowledge any positive facts regarding the types.

What are possible weak points for LSEs that I should be cautious of as an ILI?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
The official natural partner for the ILI is the SEE. However, most people I've met find they prefer to date people that they have things in common with, and ILIs don't have much in common at all with SEEs.
Maybe if the ILI is a boring meganerd.

I've certainly never had any trouble finding things in common to talk about with SEEs.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I always thought ESTj - LSE was more possible due to their logic, and efficiency with daily agendas, since I hate concerning myself with day-to-day minor decisions and value their organization.
Sounds attractive for the LSE. Especially while you're mothering them.

Supervision is scary man, for the supervisee.

The main issue here is that your natural and dominant state of being is very bewildering and somewhat frustrating for them.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The main issue here is that your natural and dominant state of being is very bewildering and somewhat frustrating for them.
In what aspect is my natural state bewildering? I understand they are very factual and present thinkers, thus I am trying to limit my unconventional ideas (Ni), and explain myself thoroughly with current facts rather than theories (Te).

I am having an issue, where many ESTJs are intrigued but nervous/confused around me. Due to their difficulty of explaining themselves, I respect and acknowledge their frustration(s) but am not completely understanding the specific causes. I was hoping if someone could enlighten me on their perspective?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I am having an issue, where many ESTJs are intrigued but nervous/confused around me. Due to their difficulty of explaining themselves, I respect and acknowledge their frustration(s) but am not completely understanding the specific causes. I was hoping if someone could enlighten me on their perspective?
It's actually quite hard for supervisees to get anything through to their supervisors; which is part of what makes the relation itself so frustrating.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
It's actually quite hard for supervisees to get anything through to their supervisors; which is part of what makes the relation itself so frustrating.
What's your reasoning/source? This sounds like an interesting idea.

·
Registered
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,553 Posts
I also read that ESFp - SEE was the most favorable type for INTp - ILI due to duality but in reality, I never found any ESFps romantically attractive long-term. I always thought ESTj - LSE was more possible due to their logic, and efficiency with daily agendas, since I hate concerning myself with day-to-day minor decisions and value their organization. The socionics descriptions seems to outline the difficulties I've noticed between LSEs and I, but they fail to acknowledge any positive facts regarding the types.

I've never had any kind of relationship with an LSE myself, but according to the theory, one of the main problems of this pairing comes from the LSE's Ne valuing (especifically, Ne as HD). I don't think I would ever be able to provide the kind of "Ne excitement" an LSE expects and this could lead to a stagnating, unsatisfactory relationship scenario.

That being said, I don't think anyone should take intertype relationship descriptions as definitive guides for their love lives. Some relationships flow more easily than others, but in the end, it all comes down to how much you and your partner are willing to understand each other and find a safe common ground.

Reactions: KanRen
1 - 20 of 24 Posts