Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thread i was thinking about doing, now amma doin it!

I'll kick off of course.

Rules are: Following my question, one person answers then sets their own question for the next poster to answer. That person answers and posts a question for the next and so on. ANY question is allowed but only ask one, only one person answers before posting a new question. Could be fun. We could also learn about each other in a fast paced, and clinical way as well.

First off...

Why are you socially awkward?

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I am impenetrable to both but too much plutonium gives me a stomach ache.

What's your perspective about the nature vs. nurture debate?

Reactions: Berdudget

·
Registered
176 Posts
You need both because things that happen to you have an effect on who you are, and some things are inborn.
Do you ever push the elevator button more than once and believe it will make it move faster?

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
You need both because things that happen to you have an effect on who you are, and some things are inborn.
Do you ever push the elevator button more than once and believe it will make it move faster?
I don't believe the elevator will move faster.

I like pressing buttons until the springs pop and fly out of the elevator controls.

Who's your most favorite philosopher?

·
Banned
2,116 Posts
Right now? Probably David Hume or John Locke. Kant's Critique on Pure Reason was awesome conceptually but totally unreadable.

Edit: I'm going to go with Kant after all. The idea of analyzing what is and isn't knowable is incredibly fascinating.

What do you hate most about MBTI?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Right now? Probably David Hume or John Locke. Kant's Critique on Pure Reason was awesome conceptually but totally unreadable.

Edit: I'm going to go with Kant after all. The idea of analyzing what is and isn't knowable is something that's incredibly fascinating.

What do you hate most about MBTI?
My obsession with it.

What meaning do you find in life?

·
Registered
225 Posts
None whatsoever.

Do you believe you have some psychological disorder? If "yes", what is it and why do you think you have it?

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
None whatsoever.

Do you believe you have some psychological disorder? If "yes", what is it and why do you think you have it?
I don't think I necessarily have a psychological disorder but I do share some characteristics with that of a schizoid and routinely experience existential depression. I'm sure the DSM-IV will base a mental disorder on me soon enough.

**widens one eye and cackles**

What do you think about Thomas Paine's pamphlet, Common Sense?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
It was very boring, as evidenced by that fact that I can't remember anything about it other than that I read it.

What were the most and least important things you did yesterday?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Most important; returned from montreal.
Least important; slept for 6 hours on the ride.
Finish the sentence (creatively), when life gives you lemons....

·
Registered
642 Posts
Most important; returned from montreal.
Least important; slept for 6 hours on the ride.
Finish the sentence (creatively), when life gives you lemons....
Add a pinch of salt and down a shot of tequila.

Dog person or cat person?

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
I would prefer to love at the south pole actually. I shall live in a house of my own design year round and consist upon the small bacterium that live in the ice.

If you had to be a different type, which one would you choose, and why?

·
Registered
642 Posts
I would prefer to love at the south pole actually. I shall live in a house of my own design year round and consist upon the small bacterium that live in the ice.

If you had to be a different type, which one would you choose, and why?
ENTJ. Strength, drive, intelligence, and the extraversion necessary for happiness. But honestly, I love being an INTP and I wouldn't trade it for all the happiness in the world.

What does 'strength' mean, to you?

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Wait what?

the extraversion necessary for happiness.
Wait. Hang on a sec. Did I read that right? Extraversion==happiness?

Sorry for the thread derail. And this thread of all places. But I feel like this needs clarified. How is happiness dependent on how extraverted you are?

·
Banned
2,116 Posts
I think he means that happiness is somewhat easier to come by. You aren't as uncomfortable with the rest of humanity. Being around humanity is something of a necessary evil so being extroverted would lessen the degree of evil associated with being a social animal. That's my take.

I'd define strength as a form of conditional-elasticity. It isn't the ability to be rigid constantly that makes one strong, but the ability to bounce back, concede the point and stand your ground when appropriate.

In other words: strength is a combination of intellectual and emotional honesty, determination and humility.

What would you do if you could travel back in time once?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Wait what?

Wait. Hang on a sec. Did I read that right? Extraversion==happiness?

Sorry for the thread derail. And this thread of all places. But I feel like this needs clarified. How is happiness dependent on how extraverted you are?
I think life is a lot easier for people who can be surrounded with friends and enjoy being surrounded with friends. Look at the 'Confessions of an INTP' thread. Every other post is about loneliness and the secret desire to open up in a way that Ti will never let us.

EDIT: See the sights; nothing more, nothing less.

Would you want immortality, if you could have it?

Reactions: Fat Mosquito
1 - 20 of 47 Posts