Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your moods like? Describe them to me.

What are you like under stress?

Do you feel that you have to put your creative touch on everything and how do you feel if someone asks you to conform?

Do you feel like you are misunderstood in life, and if so in what way?

·
Registered
403 Posts
My moods are intense and ever-changing. Being happy can feel as intense and special as being given a second chance at life (and that's exactly how it feels usually). I breathe and soak in every moment of it. Meanwhile being depressed feels as it probably would for anyone I'm sure - it's just that it's sort of my default place. The world becomes scary and large and I feel heavy, ungrounded and worthless. It only truly gets unbearable when I get to the point where I try reaching out to people and no one is really available. Then I cut all the bridges and fall deep into myself.

In the past, under stress, I've felt very fragile and needed to get to a place where I could be safe and alone so that I would not be seen. People are usually the source, so I need to get away from them. Otherwise, I may easily get overwhelmed and they might just witness me lose control (in an explosion or breakdown) which I'll do everything in my power to prevent. It can take a long time for me to recover and when I do I sometimes find myself alone, feeling disconnected or just far behind.

I think it's something bigger than a need in adding my creative touch because it will just happen. It's just very much built in to who I am. If someone asks me to conform to something (that isn't work-related, but on a more personal level), I will quickly turn on them. Emotions will surge. I'll feel as though they have really crossed a line they had no right to.

It's more of a very deep-rooted sense of misunderstanding in that there are so many misunderstandings built upon each other over a lifetime that I could not begin to count them or give them all names and I would not be interested either.

I'm a 4w5, by the way. Hope this was helpful!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I don't know what type I am, but here goes...whatever.

IF, and that's a big if I'm a four..I don't feel healthy

My moods...ok, contemplating suicide since I was five, feeling like I'm adopted, asocial, fake, every feeling I have is fake, sleeping a lot, I feel happiest just moments before going to sleep, conversation with a certain guy can put me in all sorts of mood, one conversation can be contemplated for years and provoke a wide range of feelings, overanalyzation, feeling pathetic etc...

Yes, I feel misunderstood, but I think that's how everybody feels. We are all so alone in life, it seems like all I do is try to explain myself, and the other person is trying to do the same, and we are all just talking and talking until it all becomes totally pathetic and unreal.

About conforming-well, it depends on my mood. I just don't give a shit about most things, so I just go whatever, but there are things that are just beyond compromise-like, when somebody tells you what to feel or think because he/she knows what's best for you-dude, go hump a sheep or something but don't tell how to live my life.

I do't know if this helps, but here it is.

·
Registered
227 Posts
My moods are fairly stable though I would call them intense. An intensely feeling INTJ, oh the horrors. Default being set to what I call my existence mood, meaning it's not one of blissful joy or abject sadness...I laugh, I think, I worry, I stress all within that general mood. When I'm happy, its the best feeling in the whole world. Everything is mine to take and to have it seems, options are endless. When I'm down, I analyze and think a lot, possibly too much. I tend to think of ways to do things differently, say what I should/would/could say in my head until it's right to me. When I'm in a down mood, I stay there longer than I do when I'm in other moods. Anger is a mood I scare myself with honestly. I've got an ugly temper if I'm truly mad and it's best to leave me alone usually and let me sort it out on my own. Luckily, I'm not often truly to the bone pissed about anything.

When I'm stressed, I full on retreat into myself to work the problem over. I rarely seek out any external perspective. Stress makes me more emotional and on edge, though I hear I'm quite adept at hiding this from most people that don't know me well. If I'm in a relationship and I'm near full meltdown over a non-relationship issue, I do tend to manifest a minor problem in the relationship to give me something to take my mind off of the original stressor. I realize that's not healthy. Yet I do it anyway. Ultimately, that usually makes me talk about what's on my mind and my SO knows when to listen and when to offer his perspective/advice.

I do tend to put my own spin on whatever I'm doing. I dislike conformity on all levels. When did being your own individual become such a horrendous thing? Screw that. Being true to my internal self to the outside world is awesome.

On occasion I feel like I'm misunderstood by the masses, but less so than I did when I was younger. The older I get, the less I seem to care about how everyone else perceives me. Ultimately, I'm responsible for my own happiness and worrying about how everyone else sees me or what they think of me is a waste of my time and causes me to doubt myself; so I don't let it bother me.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
They are always changing. I don't even bother labeling them as 'sad' 'depressed' 'happy' 'cheerful' etc. anymore because that puts my moods into boxes and a lot of the time I'm in a transition phase of one mood and the next. Fuckin' nuts, it is, and I am. All the moods are INTENSE, ain't no such thing as bland to me. Even my apathetic mood is intense.

Mix of moods all; feeling them at once. Confusion. Indecision.

Do you feel that you have to put your creative touch on everything and how do you feel if someone asks you to conform?
YES. MUST NOT CONFORM.

Uhhhh.... yeah. i don't focus on this though because I don't try to be understood. As someone who takes much passion in being different than the crowd, trying to be understood just doesn't fit. Really, I like being misunderstood and perhaps understood by a select few.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
My moods change a lot throughout the day even, but they are not overtly expressed or demonstrated. They are subtle to the outside observer, and often appear as mildly pleased to slightly grouchy. Internally, it feels like a change in tides. It's a new mental atmosphere coming over you, that colors your thoughts, but doesn't rule them. It's not dramatic, but it's swing, for sure. Nothing has to happen to cause it. My thoughts can be very removed from what is happening all around me. Occasionally I have random dramatic thoughts or images pop up in my head. I was once driving along on a nice, sunny day, with a good song playing and I thought "I want to stick a knife in my head". Another time, I envisioned driving my car off the edge of a cliff. Stuff like that. It's random intensity. But that fleeting moment may pass, and then I'll laugh at how maudlin it is.

I like to be alone with my more pronounced, lingering moods. I also use various art to stir them intentionally, particularly music and literature; or I use it to soothe or enhance them. I learn a lot from emotional states, so that's probably why. I almost never share these with anyone.

If an actual person/real life experience affects me, then I do my best to put a damper on it until I am alone and can experience it fully without the embarrassment of discovery by another person. This is rather easy, as I don't react a lot unless repeatedly provoked. Unfortunately, this can deepen the sense of detachment & alienation from others. I often feel more "alive" & in touch with my passions when alone.

I also sometimes seek to intellectualize my moods & emotions; I analyze them & what they mean. If I can't make sense of an emotion, it nags at me. I'll try and dismiss it, but it'll pop back up like a bad smell. This is where the subtly moody demeanor comes from. I hate when I don't know why I feel a certain way, and tiny nuances are explored like they're a new kind of species to catalog.

In a work situation, I can thrive under stress and become very creative. The stress is a solvable problem and has an end in sight (often a deadline), so it's an energizing challenge, not overwhelming.
As for other stress, I withdraw to cope with it so I can re-emerge ready to take action to move towards a solution. I become extra quiet, but a subtly moodiness comes through as a warning. I will be snappy if pushed, and if pushed too much, then I may lash out. Again, I give plenty of fair warning. I have to really be pushed to react. Family does this most, on purpose I think because they know my buttons (at least on some level). My family sees me as temperamental, but others see me as pretty calm, maybe slightly moody at worst.

I may also stress eat and drink a little, for comfort. If nothing can be done at the moment, then some escapism may be used, like reading or watching TV. If nothing can be done long term, then I may get depressed.

Honestly, yes. I like to add my little creative touch to almost everything. When it comes to "conformity", then it depends on what is being asked. I am not entirely uncooperative, nor do I rebel for its own sake. However, if it encroaches on a freedom important to me, then I will feel stifled, which will lead to resentment, which generally leads to withdrawing from/quitting whatever is asking me to conform. I don't make a big fuss; I usually just quietly & quickly make an exit. If I have to stay, then I may quietly rebel as much as I think I can get away with, but being careful not to garner attention from it (I don't want to get caught!). Other times, I suck it up, adjust my perspective, and decide it's not as important as I thought it was (but sometimes, it really is important :tongue:). It's still a bitter pill to swallow...

Sometimes. It's hard to describe how. I think it often can be in the form of being underestimated because I don't play the game in the way everyone else does, either out of sheer innocence or distaste for it. Being a quiet, reserved person, I also find people projecting onto me a lot, assuming all kinds of weird things that have more to do with them than me. I don't really make myself that open nor care too much about being understood, so that is part of it. It took me a long to realize how people perceived me because of that.

I admit I occasionally take a perverse delight in being misunderstood; it reinforces some ideas about the people who do it. :tongue:

·
Registered
820 Posts
They're intense but flexible.

I crawl to my bed and cry.

Yes, I do. I don't do it only because I think everything I do must be somehow unique but I mostly do it because I know my motivation and eager to execute for example a work project will be greater if I feel like I'm doing it my own way. I hate to conform. When I'm asked to conform I'll resist it quietly by being too passive and not doing things.

I felt like that when I was younger. And I actually enjoyed feeling misunderstood! Then I learned to communicate more with my peers and I don't feel so misunderstood any more. I still feel quite misunderstood around certain type of people. I'm still rather bad at explaining myself to people who are concrete and doesn't believe that "because I feel so" is a good explanation.

·
Registered
114 Posts
They can come and go quickly, for example, something could make me feel depressed, but half an hour later I can be really happy and couldn't care less about what made me feel depressed and I actually wonder why it made me feel so bad in the first place. :blushed:

I seem to withdraw from stressful situations and keep my mind occupied by doing something that I enjoy. Once I feel less stressed, I can then handle the situation better.

Not really, and I don't mind conforming if it's something I agree with, I think it depends on the situation really.

I guess I do, but I think that's because I don't really explain why I act the way I do sometimes.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
what are your moods like describe them to me
intensive fluctuations that render the impression of outward volatility readily viable,frequent passions ocsillating throughout the day

what are you like under stress
i believe the epithet "abhorrently unpleasent" adeqate lol, morosely withdrawn with ocassional outbursts in so to shape the enviornment into a landscape that bears similarity to my mood(s)

do you feel that you have to put your creative touch on everything and how do you feel if someone asks you to conform
In matters only of which i deem relavent...(once upon a time)immediately disdainful and contemptuous of such attemps..now i simply dismiss them

do you feel like you are misunderstood in life,and if so why?
allow me first to state that such a thing is not exclusive to type 4(or any type/"singular" person) i wish togo about life believing this to be of truth, because in truth, such pious immersive indulgence is a goddamn waste:bored:

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
My moods change a lot throughout the day even, but they are not overtly expressed or demonstrated. They are subtle to the outside observer, and often appear as mildly pleased to slightly grouchy. Internally, it feels like a change in tides. It's a new mental atmosphere coming over you, that colors your thoughts, but doesn't rule them. It's not dramatic, but it's swing, for sure. Nothing has to happen to cause it. My thoughts can be very removed from what is happening all around me. Occasionally I have random dramatic thoughts or images pop up in my head. I was once driving along on a nice, sunny day, with a good song playing and I thought "I want to stick a knife in my head". Another time, I envisioned driving my car off the edge of a cliff. Stuff like that. It's random intensity. But that fleeting moment may pass, and then I'll laugh at how maudlin it is.
Odd...this happens to me as well. I thought I was just insane.:crazy: Except I'm a 5. Do you think the 4 wing could possibly explain it?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
My moods are always changing. I tend to be sad, happy, and I think I like to suffer rather than feel nothing. Sometimes I go sedated, or fucked up, like now. Right now I'm sedated. Sometimes I love, and hate, and my life is very difficult. I can't put up with all the stress I have at times. I have a tendence to be a bit dramatic. But really, I'm a person who likes to help others, and I don't know what i want. i used to do, but I've got my lover with me.

I can cry, I feel hopeless, I will cry, I will leave you, my head will ache, I will do anything.

My creative touch? At times, but I don't show it at school for years because it was misunderstood and all that. And I think becoming too famous for your art can be dangerous at times. But yeah, you are alright, I put my touch in everything I do, man. How I feel? Like, you're a sucker, fuck you.

In everyway, and the best I am, the more fucked up and misunderstood I feel. But I'm finding my path in life. I'm always seeking for it. And the only way, guys, is to love.

I don't know what say

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Odd...this happens to me as well. I thought I was just insane.:crazy: Except I'm a 5. Do you think the 4 wing could possibly explain it?
Probably. I consider myself to have a pretty strong 5 wing, but I am definitely a 4. That may even be the closest I've come to describing the darker side of being a 5 that is mentioned in descriptions, but it certainly has 4 emotional fantasy overtones. And you know, INTPs CAN be 4s :wink::laughing:

Reactions: nevermore

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Whatever my mood is, I usually keep my cool and don't make a scene. It's probably hard, most of the time, for people to tell what kind of mood I'm in because I don't tend to show it.

I block it out of my mind and focus on either getting the job done or just putting it aside.

I don't have a personal creative touch to add to anything I create. As for conforming, I hate it.

Sometimes I feels like I wasn't meant to live in this time and age, and it seems like a lot of people don't understand why I (or anyone) would feel that way.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I feel sad at the loss of loved ones.
I feel angry because I desire vengeance.
I feel regretful because I lack the power to avenge their deaths.

When I'm stressed I feel like giving up and breaking down under the weight of emotions. I'm useless, I was meant to die long ago. I can't do anything right.

Until I get to the breaking point where my suffering becomes so dramatic I become empowered by it.

When I've suffered this much, what else in life could compare to what I've been through?

What can stop me now?!

·
Registered
788 Posts
My moods can change a lot. I rarely experience strong positive moods, but most moods I can 'feel' them throughout my body. I can't often say exactly what they mean at the time but I 'know' them in a way through the way they take me over.
It's like a force that permeates throughout. When it's less strong it's simply a state of being that is introspective but slightly more detached. With strong feelings it's very insular. I am blinded by this strength of feeling that makes the real world both fade and gnaw at me more in its intrusion. I am difficult to deal with like this because my reaction to others is either extremely dulled or passive-aggressive and selectively volatile to particular points or construed meaning on the others part.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Moods are incredibly deep and I take them very seriously and try to preserve them. For example, if someone tries to cheer me up, I feel myself resisting it. Or if I was in a good mood, if someone insulted me or tried to bring me down, they would have no effect on me whatsoever. You filter everything coming to you - if it matches your mood, you use it to feed it. If it doesn't match your mood, you just brush it aside.

Under stress, I become overwhelmed and give up and withdraw. Can become quite angry, as I give up trying to have any control over my emotions.

If someone asks me to conform, I feel like I am being denied my strength, which is my creativity. I feel insignificant, as anyone can follow rules, but not everyone can improve them, or create something new. I can become resentful, and will not do a good job of what I'm doing, as the motivation is gone.

I feel that people don't know how sensitive I really am, and how I can't handle my emotions sometimes. I feel like I can't handle life, but people don't understand that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
A roller coaster doesn't even begin to describe my moods... I go up and down and farther down... and change at any moment
Crazy, sleepy, detached, upset...
I don't mind conforming to certain standards. But I do like to do things with my own style
Yeah, I've always felt that way. Lots of people don't like me and I don't know why not, also I don't think they know where I'm coming from.

·
Registered
215 Posts
My moods change and I feel my entire outlook on everything changes with them. If I'm working on something or are into a certain topic and my mood changes, I lose the feeling for the activity and can't continue. If I do continue I feel depressed, frustrated and see the whole thing as pointless.

Under stress I freak out. I find it hard to come down. If other people are stressed out, it feels like I can't get stressed, like I'm there to hold everything together. I guess that I'm seeing myself in the other person and don't let myself go there.. possibly to stand out - like an arrogance.

I do feel like I have to add my own personal touch to everything. It has to be ultra-unique (which isn't possible, I don't think). I've calmed down a bit with that. If someone asks me to conform, I don't take it well but I've become more accepting lately. How do I feel though? I guess I feel hurt as if they don't want me there.

The only thing I can think of here is that I'm quiet/apprehensive with strangers and may appear rude. I'm sure that some people think of me as a rude bastard. The misunderstanding is created from my lack of communication.
I do feel misunderstood at times but I can't think of how to explain it.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Moods represented and moods that are held inside often betray each other. Inside I have a rich deep feeling for most emotion situations. Whatever I feel inside though I try not to let my face portray what’s felt, for the most part. When with friends and such my face is once again open to whatever emotions come my way.

Under stress I'm quicker than I normally would act in the situation. I.e. work telling me I need to pick up the pace when already my work is tedious as is, I just pick up the momentum and follow through. Mental pressure is different; I rather just not deal with the emotional weight (unless it's a reason that demands attention).

Everything I do sort of has the mark that I've been there. Whether conscious of it or not. Matters dealing with conformity don't often come, but when they do I take it into consideration or just outright do it if it's really dogging. But I'm pretty good at discerning the proper moments to cave in. >=)

Most whole heartedly I do. My name recently has become attached to some ugly social terms, and further still now give me a light which is undeserving and unfounded. Working on this one.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts