Personality Cafe banner

Which of each pair applies best to you?

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ENTJs, if you are sure of your type, or at least sure of being a T, please check all that apply for you out of each pair of questions. So, pick either answer 1 or 2, not both. Pick either answer 3 or 4, not both.

Other types, please see the version of this thread in your respective subsection.

People unsure of the F/T dichotomy of your type, please refrain from voting.

This is to see how accurately these questions match up with the F/T dichotomy. Thanks for your cooperation.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not a team player.

I don't see how these choices relate to being an ENTJ?
They relate to being a T and not an F. They also may relate to you the same or differently than other Thinkers. That's what I'm trying to determine.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I vote all, Jack!
Great. Then your choices will affect it the same as not voting, so it doesn't matter. Also, that's why I set it so I can see who voted what to make sure.

Reactions: bionic

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I didn't have an opinion on these (see spoiler), so I voted on both, if anything, it's not that I want to consider how an action with affect others but more what actions do I need to do to get conducive responses from others. I buy from the company if the people that lead it are respectable and the product is a reasonable price.

I don't want to have to consider how it will affect others.
I don't want to have to decide without knowing how it will affect others.
Buy from the company that will be around longest.
Buy from the company that treats their employees the best.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I only chose 3, the rest I disagree/not entirely agree with both.

The team with the most points is better.
The team with the fewest fouls is better.

- Depends on which is needed to win.

The most qualified should get the job.
The one who needs it most should get the job.
- Who is most useful.

I don't want to have to consider how it will affect others.
I don't want to have to decide without knowing how it will affect others.

- No preference.

How a detective puts clues together to solve a case is more interesting.
How a detective gets along in the social dynamic is more interesting.

- No preference. Judging criteria is the same, whether I enjoy watching/reading them/not.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
My picks, in order:

1. The fewest fouls wins.
2. TV show where they sew to bring joy to others (I wouldn't ever want to watch any of those shows).
3. The most qualified gets the job.
4. I don't want to have to decide without knowing how it will affect others.
5. Buy from the company that threats their employees the best.
6. How a detective puts together clues.
7. I prefer intriguing characters.

I didn't like most of the alternatives, mostly because the premise of the questions were totally boring and totally out of my interest.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My picks, in order:

1. The fewest fouls wins.
2. TV show where they sew to bring joy to others (I wouldn't ever want to watch any of those shows).
3. The most qualified gets the job.
4. I don't want to have to decide without knowing how it will affect others.
5. Buy from the company that threats their employees the best.
6. How a detective puts together clues.
7. I prefer intriguing characters.

I didn't like most of the alternatives, mostly because the premise of the questions were totally boring and totally out of my interest.
And you're INFJ or ENTJ? Just making sure.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bet you've been taking 101's in Mushroom Management :)
Nah, I was comparing a list of T vs F traits from Lenore Thomson's book and trying to make scenarios that matched them. For the "buy from the company" questions, I was trying to compare the following traits:

T: the ability to anticipate and plan for obstacles realistically
F:
the ability to anticipate people's needs and reactions

I was thinking that planning for obstacles would be things like making sure we have enough gas. But my wife's a Feeler and she would plan for that as well. So I needed something where the obstacles would be in conflict with people's needs, but I didn't want to do a hire/fire one because I already had one. So then I thought of people who don't shop at Wal-Mart because they don't like how much they pay their employees and will instead pay more for the same products elsewhere. They would also be considering how other people will view their buying habits and if they approve of them. That's the "reactions" part.

But the T's "anticipating obstacles" part would make them more buy from someplace that will still be around like if they need the product repaired later or need the warranty to still be good.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
@Elaminopy , you missed the typo joke :(
but yes I can see the T vs F in most the questions.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@Elaminopy , you missed the typo joke :(
It seemed like a joke, but you're right, I didn't get it. I don't know what Mushroom Management is or how it relates to type. I'll probably find it funny if you explain it. :)

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I know not to vote, but wanted to say that I tend to do both...anticipate people's reactions, and anticipate/plan for obstacles realistically. I truly think I do them equally. When I was younger (not that I'm old), I definitely anticipated people's actions/reactions more than I planned for obstacles. I simply improvised when I ran into obstacles, which worked for me. What I'm trying to say is, 30 year old Feeler me would have much different answers now than 20 year old Feeler me.

This is where I think age should be considered in Personality theory. I know for sure when I was simply living in Ne Fi mode, my opinions, decision making, and even interests were different than they are now with Te and Si more in the picture.

And if I had to choose, I know I would DEFINITELY rather watch a show on how sewing machines are made than a show about sewing to bring joy to others. Fi and Fe are alike, but they are also pretty different.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts