Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
ENTP
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay I just want absolutely clarify that these are (mostly) serious questions, so you're (mostly) safe from trolling:

1: What is your (generally speaking) mindset/state of thinking (in other words how does your brain work)?

2: What are your preferred music genres (mine personally are Rap, Punk, Jazz and Metal)?

3: How do you feel about each other PT (or you could just list your favorite and least favorite)?

4: Why do you generally like doing things the traditional way (ties into Q1, specific answers plz)?

5: Who are your favorite historical figures?

6: What is the primary driving force for your actions?

[EDIT]

Oops sorry I meant "an" not "and"

·
Registered
122 Posts
1: I understand through past experiences. I'm a very tactile learner so abstract concepts (like higher level math) don't really connect with me. I like structure and routine and am very grounded..not really sure what else to say.

2: I listen to most everything except for modern rap. Although I'll listen to 90's rap on rare occasion. Lately I've been listening to Country and the popular songs on the radio.

3: If by PT you mean "Personality Types" I'm not that sure if I have an opinion on them other than ISFJ's and INTJ's don't understand each other (with exception).

4: I think I like to do some traditional things because they are structured and grounded.

5: My favorite historical figures would have to be Sam Houston and Abraham Lincoln.

6: I like to help people and teach people so that others may learn from my mistakes and hopefully not make the same.

·
Registered
ENTP
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad that you replied, I was worried I wouldn't get a response, so thanks.

·
Registered
194 Posts
1. I am very visual. I tend to not understand auditory or text-book related things
unless they get straight to the point.

I was actually talking to my girlfriend about this today.
I drew an image of what I gathered how I think so far. It might be wrong but here ya go.
Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 4.47.04 PM.jpg

2.I like emotional music, doesn't matter if it's rap and such. I used to love only metal tho.

3. I like every personality type honestly. I mean there are some assholes occasionally
but that's normal.

4.Im not entirely sure if I am traditional. I like to think I change a lot. :bored:
I'll change the answer once I think about it.

5. Wow this is a hard question. I was thinking about how I never
looked up to anyone.:frustrating:

6. I always wanted to be a teacher. I like the idea of watching students grow, not physically but
intellectually. I dont know, I believe everyone has one potential.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Okay I just want absolutely clarify that these are (mostly) serious questions, so you're (mostly) safe from trolling:

1: What is your (generally speaking) mindset/state of thinking (in other words how does your brain work)?

2: What are your preferred music genres (mine personally are Rap, Punk, Jazz and Metal)?

3: How do you feel about each other PT (or you could just list your favorite and least favorite)?

4: Why do you generally like doing things the traditional way (ties into Q1, specific answers plz)?

[EDIT]

You need to be specific on some of your questions because it's just way too general.

1) State of thinking for what? My approach towards life? How I process sensory/theoretical information? Scientifically speaking, my brain works through electrical communication between neural pathways that are regulated by various hormones and chemical elements.

2) Anything as long as it's pleasant.

3) Not sure what PT is, but I'm assuming personality type. No negative opinion on any of them. They have their pros and cons.

4) Too broad of a question. Specify an event (e.g. holidays, work, etc) or clarify your reasoning behind the question.

5) None. Protip: It's also a bad first date question.

6) Vague. Actions for what? To fight someone? To love someone? To complete a hobby?

·
Registered
ENTP
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@WindChime
I appreciate your sarcasm but here's some clearer questions:

What is your method of thinking, your stream of thoughts?

2) That doesn't tell me much. I find jazz to be very pleasant for example but my best friend just finds it boring

3) Okay, pretty standard answer, thats cool

4) And I was referring to in general (for example if you have a project and you can either do a standard, very well-organized and standard procedure powerpoint or a more colorful and unique powerpoint, even if it sacrifices some pure simplicity, most ISFJs IK would usually go for the former while me and most ENTPs IK would usually go for the latter)

5) Funny that you say that because that was actually a question that got my ex thinking on our first date (she's now my best friend, she's an INFP BTW)

6) What motivates your actions? For me its primarily a mix of curiosity, a desire to make the world better, and a desire to challenge the norms and push the envelope.

Thanks for chiming in. Sorry if I'm being a bit too long-winded.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hard question to answer. I get bored easily. I need a lot of stimulation (mentally mostly) to keep me involved. I tend to get obsessed with a specific topic and research it to no end. I feel you can squeeze information out of most things and always learn something new just based off perception/experience without every reaching an end. I tend to think in branches - this leads to this, which leads to this, and this - oh, and then it connects to this way over here, cool! But it's all very organized. Like a pretty web of thoughts.

I like mostly everything but Opera. I'll have a playlist that goes from airy, to metal, to pop, to rock - get a little bit'ah everything depending on my mood. Ouuu, check out Logic's "Waiting Room" for some feels. It's more a story than music.

In my experience, I LOVE (specific, but most) ENTPs (my boyfriend is one and we're duals), INTPs (my best friend of over a decade and also in the same quadra, so that makes sense too), ESTPs. ESFJs, again in my qaudra, I enjoy and am compatible with - however, I have a hard time being mentally stimulated by them (love them to bits though).

ENTJ in theory is my conflicting type and in practice I can definitely see this. Te disgusts me, although I appreciate it and know the world needs it (wish it wasn't my POLAR, it causes me tons of problems).

INTJs are hit or miss for me. I really appreciate most I've met, their way of just spewing out to the world information in an eloquent way is admirable.

INFJs: my sister is one and we're look a like types (again, Socionics). Our Fe/Ti saves our relationship, as it's the only way we can communicate. We're both in different (Ni/Si) worlds and seeking very different things (Ne/Se), so we want to live in the world too differently to understand one another very well. I'm not a fan how, in my experience, INFJs force their worldview on you in such a serious way. But again, love for them and their holistic views from afar.

ENFPs are wide eyed-wonderlust individuals, the super sweet free-spirits of the world. I feel like they'll evolve to grow fairy wings and poop candy over the world someday. <3

ESFPs are pretty rad too!

ISFJs - (in my eyes, and I may be biased) - We're sincerely sweet, trustworthy, and kind-hearted individuals. I feel we're incredibly intelligent people but have a hard time articulating that intelligence because of POLAR Te, which I believe, is why many types probably think we're "dumb" (along with tertiary Ti). As much as I love ISFJs, I don't like being one.

So, I get along well most with those in my quadra (ISFJ, INTP, ESFJ, ENTP). I have the hardest time with Te/Ni (ENTJ mostly). I can handle ESTJs mostly because we at least have Si/Ne to relate with one another. Fi is sometimes challenging for me to handle.

I desire non traditional ways of being, which is why I'm very attracted to Ne. However, I am exhausted after a while when things are ever-changing. Therefore, I tend to prefer to have a basic structure to my life, but really LOVE when people like my ENTP boyfriend can pull me out of that structure for moments at a time - it really challenges me in a positive manner. So that sounds very contradictory. I thrive in structure of my day-to-day life, but really thirst for someone to disrupt that sometimes because otherwise I may be inclined to Ground Hog Day.

Sadly I don't have one. Sadly I can embarrassingly say this hasn't been a point of interest enough for me to consider.

Knowledge/understanding, love, other people's happiness (mostly those closest to me or who I'll be connecting with regularly), occasionally novelty (guess that's not primary then). I really just want to live in a world where I can do what I want, when I want, with the people I love. Which again, contradictory because.....I wish I had more drive to do things because of status/hierarchy/money (Te motivations), I feel I'd be more successful in life overall.
@Ka1serTheRoll, curious why you're asking. :)

·
Banned
692 Posts

[EDIT]

I keep going back and forth b/w ISFJ and INFP (or a completely different type entirely) but I love talking about myself so I'll give it a go

1. Oh boy this is a broad question, but I think I am always perceiving data. Everything that happens around me is information/data that I am trying to absorb. I then filter it through the lens that is me -- how does this piece of information affect me? Does it make me feel good/bad? Do I agree/disagree with it? How does it fit with what I currently think?

2. Yikes I like everything and anything. I was really into post-hardcore, alternative rock, metal-core, and just plain weird indie/alternative genres growing up. Now, I'm more removed from that scene, but I still appreciate my classics. I mostly listen to pop music now bc I'm too lazy to hunt out music I like, and it's usually pretty catchy.

3. Idk what PT is...personality types? Mehhh I've stopped trying to classify people into groups, and I take each person as an individual.

4. Honestly? This has been such a point of contention for me. *I* don't consider myself traditional, nor do I think I have any kind of routine I adhere to...but someone else might perceive me that way. It's all relative, right? Maybe in comparison to an ENTP I am so structured and regimented. So to answer your question - I just like to do things as I see fit. I don't really think about trying to be traditional or adhering to a routine.

5. Ummm I'll pull someone random - Lyndon Banes Johnson. I felt like he was a guy trying hard to do his best, but he just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Poor guy ended up unappreciated and alone. I always just felt bad for him.

6. Whatever I think is best and true for myself.

EDIT: You said you dated an INFP, so I'd be curious to know how you think my answers line up in comparison to what theirs would be.

·
Registered
66 Posts
@WindChime
I appreciate your sarcasm but here's some clearer questions:

What is your method of thinking, your stream of thoughts?

2) That doesn't tell me much. I find jazz to be very pleasant for example but my best friend just finds it boring

3) Okay, pretty standard answer, thats cool

4) And I was referring to in general (for example if you have a project and you can either do a standard, very well-organized and standard procedure powerpoint or a more colorful and unique powerpoint, even if it sacrifices some pure simplicity, most ISFJs IK would usually go for the former while me and most ENTPs IK would usually go for the latter)

5) Funny that you say that because that was actually a question that got my ex thinking on our first date (she's now my best friend, she's an INFP BTW)

6) What motivates your actions? For me its primarily a mix of curiosity, a desire to make the world better, and a desire to challenge the norms and push the envelope.

Thanks for chiming in. Sorry if I'm being a bit too long-winded.
There was nothing sarcastic about my post. It was pretty clear from my statement. Your questions were vague and I was pointing that out. Sorry that you were offended, but you're asking ISFJs, where we thrive on details, not broad-based ambiguity.

·
Registered
ENTP
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@greatheights
Curiosity; I merely seek insight into the mind of my opposite @inregardstomyself
Some aspects of you seem to align with INFPs and others with ISFJs. You seem definitely intuitive IMO, but P/J seems to have some variety. My ex was an INFP but she was bordering on INTP. Your tastes in music seemed to basically be a copy paste from her, just add Emo and Tyler the Creator (I got her hooked on the latter). I'm not terribly qualified to decide, but I'd say that you seem more Intuitive than Sensing.

·
Registered
374 Posts
@greatheights
Curiosity; I merely seek insight into the mind of my opposite @inregardstomyself
Some aspects of you seem to align with INFPs and others with ISFJs. You seem definitely intuitive IMO, but P/J seems to have some variety. My ex was an INFP but she was bordering on INTP. Your tastes in music seemed to basically be a copy paste from her, just add Emo and Tyler the Creator (I got her hooked on the latter). I'm not terribly qualified to decide, but I'd say that you seem more Intuitive than Sensing.
You know, one of my best buddies (I call him Juice, he likes this, idk why) is an ISFJ, and for a while, I wanted to figure out if he was intuitive due to the way he communicated (nope, he's definitely an S-type). I think this confusion is due to the fact that, if we could make a Judging function intuitive, that would be Feeling. Extroverted or introverted, feelers tend to display intuitive characteristics. I consider XNFX's to be the most intuitive types of all. I have confused SF's for intuitive (especially ISFX's, ESFX's aren't too ambiguous, but it depends on their upbringing).

So, FROM the point of view of THIS ENTP:
@inregardstomyself, the mistyping between N and S amongst F types is very common. It is easier, however, for an S-type to mistype as N than otherwise, as I have observed. Any SF can say they like theories, weird things, and talk about the universe and what not (your typical stereotypes). My ISFP sister can testify to this (jeez, the first time she took the test she was typed as ENTP... ugh). But, really, the devil is in their interaction with others.

I have seen ISFJ's remain nervous, in the corners of a room during a party or such, and only a sense of obligation will get them out of there. The INFP will do the same until you put an Ne in the room and they hear their minds coming out in words from the mouth of that person. Depending on how long they have held back their Ne for, they'll feel this burning sensation within themselves that will make them step out of their comfort zone and speak to such person, at first, agreeing enthusiastically with whatever smart/crazy thing he/she has to say as this person has had time to develop their intuition more than they have, but they'll also be happy to find someone that displays thoughts like they do.
I also think that, as they both hide in the shadows of the world, the ISFJ can't wait to finish developing the qualities that will make them accepted and perfect for the expectations of society, while the INFP can't wait to find the soul that accepts them for who they are.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You know, one of my best buddies (I call him Juice, he likes this, idk why) is an ISFJ, and for a while, I wanted to figure out if he was intuitive due to the way he communicated (nope, he's definitely an S-type).
Hmm, what's with his way of communication?

So, FROM the point of view of THIS ENTP:
inregardstomyself, the mistyping between N and S amongst F types is very common. It is easier, however, for an S-type to mistype as N than otherwise, as I have observed. Any SF can say they like theories, weird things, and talk about the universe and what not (your typical stereotypes). My ISFP sister can testify to this (jeez, the first time she took the test she was typed as ENTP... ugh). But, really, the devil is in their interaction with others.
If so, if SFs can share some common interests with the stereotypical intuitive, what sets them apart as sensors?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hmm, what's with his way of communication?

If so, if SFs can share some common interests with the stereotypical intuitive, what sets them apart as sensors?
I was impressed because when I would tell him something really weird or that he'd never heard of before he'd always put his hand under his chin, go "hm.." and attempt to understand more about whatever new concept or idea I was trying to introduce.
Our conversations were (and are) never boring! But they're very people oriented. We'll talk about what makes people PEOPLE and why they behave the way they do and I just happen to be fascinated by that. He usually wants to know about these things because he will actually use such knowledge in his dealings with others. (Fe conversations, really).

I can describe the difference between an intuitive feeler and a sensor feeling like this:
an SF and an NF will look at a picture and judge it according to their feelings. This means they can both be open minded to it if it happens to not go against any of their principles, be them set by Fe or Fi. However, the NF would be more willing to observe and pay attention to the more abstract details of that picture and will attempt to investigate more about it just for the sake of knowing it.
The SF would need to know that those abstract details could be used or are important, which then becomes a bit of a chore understanding the whole thing.

More specifically however, an ESFP will look at the pic for 60 seconds, go "aww that's sweet/gross/cute/amazing" and then look at another picture. They are consuming. But if you were to place an ENFP next to them in their picture-viewing adventure, it would be difficult to distinguish them both because they could both go at the same pace. They way to differentiate them would be that the ENFP would take initiative to say more than a reactive adjective and go on to say something like "this reminds me of this/you know that feeling when X? Isn't this picture totally like that?" and the ESFP would go "Yeah!" and then they'd go to the next pic. The ENFP having picked up on a lot of other different things than the ESFP will lead them to think differently about what it is they are looking at. But at first you'd be excused for not knowing the difference between the two because they can be equally hyper.

An ISFP will look at the pic for longer. Think about all the Fi connections the picture makes with them and they will only say something out loud if someone else is in the room so that their thoughts about it can be validated a bit more by expression. Once they are done, they'll move to the next pic, except, oh wait, they are not done, and they'll go back to that other pic and set it as their new profile or it will inspire a change in their phone password. If the ISFP sees a picture that doesn't connect to anything in their Fi, they'll stare at it blankly for a few seconds (and I mean BLANK) and will mercilessly move to the next picture. Never to go back to that other one or even use it as a reference to anything. That's when you can tell they are not intuitive. Their Se is similar to the ESFP's in that it is a consuming perceiving function rather than an analytical one.
An INFP can be a world of difference in that aspect. They'll display a similar Fi behavior, but they'll picture hop faster because they have to look at all the aspects of what it is the initial picture connected them to. Then they'll go back and appreciate the heck out of the first picture after the journey through the Fi is over, almost as a climatic form of appreciation for that picture kickstarting that whole Fi adventure.
Fi's will both cry at seeing a picture, but I notice the INFP will cry after fully exploring their Fi concept and seeing all the pictures, while the ISFP could cry at the first picture because Fi Se is much more straight forward, no need for much complexity.

An Si dominant like an ISFJ will be much easier to tell apart. Really, their need to appreciate anything intuitive will be to use it later to meet their Fe demands.

ESFJ, I think, are a good exception. Similar to the the ESTJ's they are REALLY down here to earth.

That's what I can gather, I hope that helps it be clarified and not more confusing, and it's all theoretical. I have no friends and I need to meet more people before I can piece all this crap together, but thank you so much for asking!

·
Registered
95 Posts
2. Preferred music genres: metal, classical (and combinations of the two)

3. I don't have a specific favorite or least favorite. I mean, the people who I get along with best would fall in with types that include other examples of the same type that I wouldn't get along very well, or at all, with. So I try to avoid thinking on those lines. Heh, and its not like I have evaluations of them all anyway. And my opinions on types can change quickly, though I try not to let those be unreasonably affected by forum business.

4. Convenience, expectation? When someone suggests a change that I could make in something, I evaluate the effort that the change would demand. So most of the time I shoot it down, and the other person might leave with the idea that I'm stubborn to change without appreciating the other elements I've taken into account. BUT, that doesn't mean I'm right, some of the time I'm just not willing to take the initial hit of readjustment, and other times I just don't see the improvement as being worth the trouble. And anyway, what other people imagine as ideal potential, are often not evenly lined up with my own preferences. I do know I'm biased to my routine, but I don't think I've met anyone who didn't also have their own.

5. History is not a favorite subject. But if I had to pick someone to read more about, my first pick would be Joan of Arc. Her figure is so peculiar and interesting. There may not be a heck of a lot that one can treat as fact, but things like the dynamic of not killing enemy soldiers that you're leading a charge against (both driven by the same source of conviction) are fascinating to me.

(sort of 1.) + 6. The normal ones; interest, curiosity. Towards the world, I'm neutral, I don't want to be overly involved with it. That doesn't mean I'm indifferent to it, I just want to be left unnoticed by larger entities. As soon as I interact with people though this changes. I never really go out of my way, but it would be very difficult for me to ignore things that move within my sphere. If other spheres are only passing by, then I'm happy to observe. Although lately, my primary drive seems to be to ease my conscience when it is disturbed and to maintain the peace that is impossible to maintain.

·
Registered
306 Posts

[EDIT]

When taking in new information I compare/contrast to my past experiences, making different connections relating information together, like @greatheights said. When I'm not really doing anything my mind often drifts back to past experiences which I sort of “relive” again and again in my mind.

I listen mostly to Christian music. Some pop and country, but not much. I prefer slower or sad songs, generally. I like to listen to the same songs over and over again. When new stuff comes on the radio it takes me a long time to end up “liking” it and I get frustrated that they aren't playing something I already know, lol. I like to listen to a lot of music I listened to when I was younger, regardless of genre. I don't listen to country music much now, but when I was a kid I listened to it often, and the only country music I really listen to now is the stuff I liked when I was younger.

I doubt I've even met all the types, tbh, or have had enough experience with them to make such a judgment. And the individual matters more than the type. For example, there may be some ESTJs I really like and others I don't, it will just depend on the person.

But speaking generally...

I tend to be most attracted to INTPs and ENTPs. (My husband is an INTP :D )
I really like/am fascinated by some INFPs and ISFPs (maybe more so INFPs) because they seem so sweet, emotional, and can be passionate a lot about things important to them even if they aren't expressing it constantly.
I like ISFJs generally because I really appreciate Si and I like to see other people using it as well. It's interesting. They're really relatable most of the time which can be nice. Not to mention they're usually sweet (I wish I could be as sweet as the stereotypical ISFJ but I feel like I'm not, really.)

I'm not 100% sure but I think I'd get along okay with ExxJ types on a surface level, but I'm very introverted and I think we'd have a hard time really connecting, and from my experience there isn't usually enough attraction/interest to keep me trying to get closer to them like there sometimes is with ExxP types.

I just like doing things in way I know I'm comfortable. I don't like surprises. I don't like change that I can't prepare for ahead of time. It makes me really anxious. I want to feel like I have more control over a situation. If you mean more “keeping traditions” such as holiday related stuff, personally my family doesn't do too much of that (unfortunately) but I wish they did and the reason why would be that I just consider those types of things to be something like a precious treasure. It's not a physical thing, but it's actions that are passed down that connect people and generations to each other. It can give people a meaningful foundation to their life. Something always to come back to and remember.

I don't really have one. I like history, but I don't think about it in terms of individual people and things that a certain individual person did. If I just had to pick someone I guess I'll pick Jesus. But honestly, when it comes to history I enjoy thinking more of the things that were happening, or certain eras more so than individual people. I like learning about American history (especially early American history and explorations, like the Salem Witch Trials or the Lewis and Clark Expedition) and medieval Europe.

I don't know, lol. Maybe thinking what's the wise/responsible thing to do.

·
Registered
ENTP
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@my melody
I can see our music tastes are completely different. I can't stand country or Christian music, but I LOVE hardcore rap (Wu-Tang represent) and my ex got me really into metal too (still can't stand screamo or emo tho). I like my classics and I typically get hooked on a single song for a while (right now that song is Method Man) and then I may or may not retain interest in it. I do love, however, exploring bizarre and new music (that's how I got into weird stuff like Oxxxymiron and Sabaton). Despite our differences, I really appreciate your answer so thanks! :)

·
Registered
3,760 Posts

I overfocus on Ti and Ne, so I feel detached and ungrounded. I'm focused on nuances of understanding and figuring out what things really are beneath the surface. I feel like I can sound too formal, like a textbook. ENTPs find me similar to them, though introverted.

I feel more balanced and at ease when I'm simply daydreaming or not really thinking about anything. I used to be more that way, life was simpler and I felt comfortable in the physical world. I was (and still am) attuned to sensory atmospheres, how it feels to be in a particular physical environment. When I was a kid, my parents would take me to a lot of places and events. Even it was boring, I could simply zone out and absorb the feelings of the sensory environment, so it was still pleasant and comfortable.

I don't listen to 'normal' music much. I like soundtrack or instrumental music which conveys moods. Every song has a unique feeling.

They are all equal, and there is much within-type variation.

I don't know what you mean. I have no interest in doing things the traditional way and probably generally don't. I place little value on societal expectations or conformity.

I think 'traditional' is probably a stereotype that may have come from the ISFJ's tendency to be more on the habitual side, as they prefer to anchor themselves to familiar experiences. For example, while I'm open to trying new things, I rarely actually do as I'm more likely to enjoy activities that I already know I like, and it can be hard for me to really get into new things. But it has nothing to do with being 'traditional' in the societal sense, I pretty much will do my own thing.

Uhhh. (Inf. Ne showing) - No one. I hardly focus on that type of thing, on really external or historical things that have nothing to do with my current situation. I prefer topics of health and psychology, which have more to do with internal experiences.

At the moment (in my Ti-Ne state): the need to understand and problem-solve. In the past, it was more that I simply wanted to be comfortable or have fun doing my own thing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm always thinking about the details of things. If I'm doing something as simple as loading a dishwasher, I'm thinking about the placement of the dishes in order to get them the cleanest. If I'm typing something, I'm making sure that everything is spelled correctly and is (mostly) grammatically correct. I always tell people that I notice all the little unimportant details around me, but can be ridiculously oblivious to something huge right in front of my face.

My brain also tends to jump around. A lot. If I'm telling a story, it's all I can do to not talk about something completely irrelevant to the story, or to not jump 3 points ahead, or to not switch stories completely because I was reminded of something else.

Lately I've been listening to country. I listen to Top 40 and Christian music a lot, as well. I have a pretty eclectic range of things I also like listening to (The Beatles, Seether, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Pogo, Metallica, 90s alternative rock)

Not sure I have a favorite/least favorite. My husband's an ENTJ, but that doesn't mean much, because he drives me crazy sometimes, haha. That Te/Fi is infuriating to me at times. My two closest friends are an INFJ and a fellow ISFJ. My aunt (the person I get along with the least) is an ESTJ.

I've always wondered this about myself, honestly. I have low self-esteem, so a part of me thinks it has something to do with just wanting to be accepted or to just fit in. Another reason, I guess, is because I'm really big on observing how other people do things and if I like it, I'll adopt it for myself in some way. For instance, I have a hard time coming up with my own home decorating style. I need to see it on Pinterest or in someone's home before I decide I want to go that direction. I follow trends for these reasons, too. I'm not a trendsetter at all.

It looks like there's a pattern among ISFJs with history. I'm not very interested in figures, more so in eras/events. I've always been fascinated by ancient Roman history (ever since visiting Rome/Pompeii) and more recent British Royal history (1900s). I'm also very moved by WWII, the Holocaust specifically. I don't spend much time actually reading about any of it, though, but I will watch the occasional documentary, and I perk up a little if someone is talking about it.

I am generally always thinking about how my actions will make me seem to other people. How will they think about me or what I did/said, how it will make them feel or react, etc. Obviously, I believe it's my low self-esteem that makes me this way. It's exhausting.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts