Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, some quick facts. I'm a 21yr old INFJ guy. I've been browsing free internet dating sites for a potential relationship but after almost 2 years haven't had too much luck. I think I need to actually get out of the house if I want to find someone worthwhile, hahaha. Where do all the ESTJ ladies hang out? I live right between Chicago and Milwaukee in the USA (WI&IL) so I've got a very wide range of places to choose from. Also what do they look for as far as appearance and superficial things like that? Thanks for any help :)

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
I live in Indonesia. So I'm out of your reach in every way. LOL.

Other than that, in superficial way, I like a guy whose neat, clean, and know how to take care of and appreciate himself. I like a man with pride and dignity, yet down to earth. I like a man that is polite and laugh easily.

That's all for me.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I meant there're a lot of different places around here like malls, bars, museums, different organizations to join and the like. Thanks for the rest of the info!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have plenty of different hobbies. Mainly social ones. I learn to dance salsa (it is full of women, I would suggest any guy to learn how to dance but with salsa you kill 2 birds with one stone), I scrapbook at workshops with my friends, I am into sport, I play rugby and football. I would prefer dating someone I know than a complete starnger (time to build the trust). I do go clubbing but I have never met anyone there. I will not consider someone drunk talking to me.
Another thing with ESTJ, family is important to us. I always have at the back of my mind someone I can dare introducing to my parents and be proud of it.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Yeah, ESTJ women are usually perfectionists (if you're looking for type 1's especially), so you'll find us in the gym, in the education or humor section of the bookstores, taking random classes wherever they are available (salsa and such), and in the do it yourself section of Home Depot.

If we are doing something, we do it with purpose and tend to overlook people we don't know. You are going to actually have to come up to us and say something. Try a nice compliment about SOMETHING and don't make it into a pickup line. On our down time, we are more likely to look more available. I generally don't mind distractions from good looking, clean and polite guys :) Especially if they have goals and a future.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
ZOMG! I LOVE salsa! <3 <3 <3

Reactions: KrystRay

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Dat is so cool!

I'm the president of Red Cross Club. LMAO.

Reactions: KrystRay

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So it looks like I need to find some clubs to join after all, I figured I would. I'll look into dance clubs and the red cross, what other clubs would ya'll join if they were available?

Dancing... D: why did it have to be dancing?! I don't like dancing : / probably because I don't know how, haha. I guess that's the whole point of taking lessons so I mine as well try that.

Thanks again for all the great info!!

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Dancing (especially salsa) is fun, exciting, liberating and sexy. I can act crazy and naughty and bitchy and nobody will tell me to stop. LOL.

Through rhythmic dancing, a couple can learn how to harmonizing their moves together. They learn to be patient, tolerant, respectful, and appreciate each other. I believe that dancing can bond couple's emotions and make their relationship stronger.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Other clubs... If you want a girly girl, look for clubs that focus on beauty and girliness. If you want a smart girl, go for a practical club. If you want a generous one, volunteer with the homeless.

The Student Acticities office at the local universities will have information about all of the clubs and organizations and you can ask about the Presidents and members. Research!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
ESTJ women are extremely social and friendly people. Most people associate them with their management/work style and think that's what they're like all the time, which is nonsense. In fact, I'm sure a ton of "ESTJ haters" have ESTJ friends but just mis-type them. ESTJs suffer the most in terms of reputation in online communities like this because most of the poor, sad INxxs think the mean old boss who doesn't appreciate their beautiful snowflake qualities are all ESTJs.

They're very well put together, deliberate in the projection of their image, and are often extremely busy creatures. Ask one of them about what they do during the day and it leaves you breathless. Like Krystray said, they will most likely look you over unless you distinguish yourself. You won't really notice the T edge sometimes until you get "in" to their circle and their bluntness really starts to shine.

Like the ladies said, community activities and clubs are your best bet.

·
Registered
672 Posts
A general, related question: My ESTJ colleague is still single in her mid thirties, although she is attractive and has lots of qualities that I'm sure blokes go for. Never asked her about it, but is it her abrasiveness that puts off a potential mate, or perfectionism?

Reactions: laly37

·
Registered
707 Posts
She hasn't found anyone who she can put up with. lol. I tend to have that problem. Lots of men hit on me and ask me out, but I haven't found one that I can honestly say that I could deal with on a daily basis. They party too much, aren't ambitious enough, are too young (I think they need to experience life a little more so that they can figure out what they want), are freakin idiots, don't care about their health, or are just poor :( I'm not about supporting a man.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
A general, related question: My ESTJ colleague is still single in her mid thirties, although she is attractive and has lots of qualities that I'm sure blokes go for. Never asked her about it, but is it her abrasiveness that puts off a potential mate, or perfectionism?
ESTJs have high standards when it goes to choosing the right significant other, especially morally. We are also very picky. Part of it because we have high standards on ourselves, and other part is because we know we can be very difficult, so we tend to search someone that can deal with our blunt/stubborn/harsh/perfectionist sides. Your colleague probably has the same issue.

Reactions: honestfi

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You're adorable!!! The girls will love you!
Yeah, I've heard that before! :) I think I might have trouble because I look a little young though. I have a theory that nurture/outside influences overthrow nature here but I was thinking that type might have a bit to do with who you're attracted to as far as physical qualities. I'm more leaning towards everyone just having their own personal preference not based on type, idk. BUT, if you lovely ladies wouldn't mind sharing, what type of face/body do you find yourself most attracted to?

ESTJs have high standards when it goes to choosing the right significant other, especially morally. We are also very picky. Part of it because we have high standards on ourselves, and other part is because we know we can be very difficult, so we tend to search someone that can deal with our blunt/stubborn/harsh/perfectionist sides. Your colleague probably has the same issue.
Wow. That sounds exactly like me as far as what I look for. I have definitely have a stubborn/harsh/perfectionist side on certain things too, haha.

Reactions: WickedQueen
1 - 20 of 27 Posts