Personality Cafe banner

2001 - 2020 of 33636 Posts

·
The No More Hero
18,285 Posts
I'm not sure what type I am, but I a. probably ENFP. I just wanna know a bit more before I decide. And I know two intj's, and I just don't like them. The ones I know are kinda assholes but secretive about it. The one good thing about them is they watch people and will tell me some of what they notice if I ask. However only some, they will only tell a small fraction of what they see in people. They notice things about people differently than an ENFP I think. Much more factual, if that makes sense.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
You would be cursed if you had my life.
My mother is an INTJ, I've learned to deal with them. They're not bad people, then again anyone can be an asshole.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm not sure what type I am, but I a. probably ENFP. I just wanna know a bit more before I decide. And I know two intj's, and I just don't like them. The ones I know are kinda assholes but secretive about it. The one good thing about them is they watch people and will tell me some of what they notice if I ask. However only some, they will only tell a small fraction of what they see in people. They notice things about people differently than an ENFP I think. Much more factual, if that makes sense.

hey you could be I had my doubts at first but I think you could it could be just the intj's around you.

·
Registered
15,146 Posts

You could be an interbred of both enfp and whatever else you tested, I have many INFP and ENTP traits within me as well. But I'm just predominantly enfp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
You could be an interbred of both enfp and whatever else you tested, I have many INFP and ENTP traits within me as well. But I'm just predominantly enfp

Maybe! I sometimes feel I'm more T than F, but I'm not sure. I don't feel comfortable talking about my feelings or hugging people. I also don't like strong emotions most of the time.

·
Registered
15,146 Posts
Maybe! I sometimes feel I'm more T than F, but I'm not sure. I don't feel comfortable talking about my feelings or hugging people. I also don't like strong emotions most of the time.

I think correct me Enfps if I'm wrong being a feeler means you're emotionally intelligent , I too don't like being touch, avoid emotional outburst, never cry in front of anyone. I think we can put a person or ourself at ease if conflict or emotion arises to us .

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think correct me Enfps if I'm wrong being a feeler means you're emotionally intelligent , I too don't like being touch, avoid emotional outburst, never cry in front of anyone. I think we can put a person or ourself at ease if conflict or emotion arises to us .

Maybe? I have no idea honestly :eek:

·
The No More Hero
18,285 Posts

Really? I didn't know that. I'm totally okay with touch.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Really? I didn't know that. I'm totally okay with touch.
I'm super ok with touch, from anyone. I hug and kiss on the cheeks while I'm still saying my name at any introduction...
but the only emotional outburst you'll see me having is anger, but then I have to be really, really upset.
I never cry in front of anyone - by sadness or so - I like to hide

When I ask a child, it was inside the closet...

·
Registered
15,146 Posts
I'm super ok with touch, from anyone. I hug and kiss on the cheeks while I'm still saying my name at any introduction...
but the only emotional outburst you'll see me having is anger, but then I have to be really, really upset.

Haha I guess I'm not as enfp as I thought . I don't mind a short hug but that's the most for affection. As for emotions I feel a lot inside but I can control well on the outside . I am good at comforting others and analyzing friends feelings therefore I thought that F dominant means we understand how to control our emotions better. When angry, I'll most likely avoid everyone and go running or write in my journal or scream at the top of my lungs alone - then when calm I will discuss the topic in a calmly manner. I never run away from emotional problems, therefore I pretty perfectionistic when approaching it) I don't cry infront of others even my husband , but I do cry quite often when I'm alone , a sad book, movie , something on the news even a sentimental letter from a friend can bring me to tears but I do this alone. When others touch me genuinely I guess I don't mind the affection but as mentioned earlier the most affection you can get out from me is a short hug . I think I can only initiate physical display of emotions with my husband or son .

·
The No More Hero
18,285 Posts

Pretty much this.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Oh that sounds interesting...

Do you guys think it's a common thing with us, fellows ENFPs to hide when we need to cry ?

If it's so easy to open up our feelings to people we trust, why do we have a difficult time crying in front of them ?

·
Registered
15,146 Posts
Oh that sounds interesting...

Do you guys think it's a common thing with us, fellows ENFPs to hide when we need to cry ?

If it's so easy to open up our feelings to people we trust, why do we have a difficult time crying in front of them ?
I don't know any other enfp except for my uncle and a professor I've had and they're both over 60. Haha but for myself i just prefer to cry alone, there's many reason : I don't want to drag them into my emotional problem , I don't want pity , I'm afraid they'll view me as weak, I'm uncomfortable with showing tears , i tend to laugh my problems off in front of others bc I fear talking too much about my sorrow will drain them out and myself out etc

I have no idea why it is so easy to open up about ourself yet difficult to cry infront of others but I think it might deal with us trying to figure ourself out but don't want others to feel like they're responsible ? What are your thoughts , I'm very curious about this as well .

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I don't know any other enfp except for my uncle and a professor I've had and they're both over 60. Haha but for myself i just prefer to cry alone, there's many reason : I don't want to drag them into my emotional problem , I don't want pity , I'm afraid they'll view me as weak, I'm uncomfortable with showing tears , i tend to laugh my problems off in front of others bc I fear talking too much about my sorrow will drain them out and myself out etc

I have no idea why it is so easy to open up about ourself yet difficult to cry infront of others but I think it might deal with us trying to figure ourself out but don't want others to feel like they're responsible ? What are your thoughts , I'm very curious about this as well .

I very much agree with what you said.

I think that when I reach the point of crying *outside* it's because I already figured out my feelings and they are just flooding out of me, I don't need to analyze anymore through Te ... and if you do this in front of someone else you might hear the dreadfuls "oh poor you... I'm sorry... why are you crying ? ..." and I don't want any of those.

I also hate to be seeing as weak, fragile, poor helpless emotional irrational little girl... and crying just add spicy to this image.

You touched a good point, make others feel responsible ... I actually remember that when I was young, manipulative crying was very powerful... no patience for that anymore, now those responsible for my sadness have their ears full

·
Registered
15,146 Posts
I very much agree with what you said.

I think that when I reach the point of crying *outside* it's because I already figured out my feelings and they are just flooding out of me, I don't need to analyze anymore through Te ... and if you do this in front of someone else you might hear the dreadfuls "oh poor you... I'm sorry... why are you crying ? ..." and I don't want any of those.

I also hate to be seeing as weak, fragile, poor helpless emotional irrational little girl... and crying just add spicy to this image.

You touched a good point, make others feel responsible ... I actually remember that when I was young, manipulative crying was very powerful... no patience for that anymore, now those responsible for my sadness have their ears full
I think you pretty much sum it all up , I completely agree, every word

·
Registered
12 Posts
My ENFP girlfriend just went 180 on me and ended it almost out of the blue. She went from being super invested and crazy about me, talking about the future, making plans for us and always seeking adventure or social events for us, to suddenly telling me she wasn't ready for a relationship and that she wasn't over her ex yet.
I am INFP, so I have to go slow, and am hesitant with new things so I wasn't always up for all the excitement. She pushed us to go fast and I did my best (it was only 4 months and she was talking about moving with me) Do you think that's why she ended it?
I know she's not the type to share a lot of feelings but I wonder if this is hurting her as much as it hurts me and she just can't talk about it?
I know ENFP's can be impulsive, was this just an impulse based on fear? She had been telling me she was scared of where we were going as we were getting serious (even though she pushed me to go there).
Should I try to win her back or are ENFP's not able to be won? If they can be won, how should I do it?

·
The No More Hero
18,285 Posts
My ENFP girlfriend just went 180 on me and ended it almost out of the blue. She went from being super invested and crazy about me, talking about the future, making plans for us and always seeking adventure or social events for us, to suddenly telling me she wasn't ready for a relationship and that she wasn't over her ex yet.
I am INFP, so I have to go slow, and am hesitant with new things so I wasn't always up for all the excitement. She pushed us to go fast and I did my best (it was only 4 months and she was talking about moving with me) Do you think that's why she ended it?
I know she's not the type to share a lot of feelings but I wonder if this is hurting her as much as it hurts me and she just can't talk about it?
I know ENFP's can be impulsive, was this just an impulse based on fear? She had been telling me she was scared of where we were going as we were getting serious (even though she pushed me to go there).
Should I try to win her back or are ENFP's not able to be won? If they can be won, how should I do it?
She's probably scared and I don't think it's a good idea to win her back.

2001 - 2020 of 33636 Posts