Personality Cafe banner

3021 - 3040 of 33605 Posts

·
Registered
15,125 Posts
So, before I ask the question...a quick story:

I'm on my way to work, driving...when, this itty bitty spider comes crawling over my gps. Whatever...it's tiny...no biggie. 30 miles down the rd...the cute lil' guy is climbing down the cord of the gps, towards me...as if to say "Hi"..so... I killed him. :cool:

10 miles down the highway...I catch something...out the corner of my eye..it jumped onto the top of my rear view from the windshield.. A biggish, black, hairy hedge spider...they jump...move quickly and just..well, I'm not scared of spiders usually but..this guy was staring me down. I'm doin 70 in traffic and realize...shit ain't good. If he jumps at me then my hands are leaving the wheel and smacking the shit out of myself to get him...so..I gracefully whip 3 lanes over, to the breakdown lane, hazards on, watching him and traffic simultaneously the whole time. He's still staring...and, every time I look directly at him, he perches up in front and down in back....like, ready to jump. So, I grab a napkin and, after carefully eyeing each other for some time...I kill the little fucker.

Then, on the road, back on my way to work.

So, the question...after all of this, I realized, these spiders could've been related...big hairy mofo could've been daddy/mommy spider...who'd just watched his/her little one get smashed...and...I felt guilty.

Am I crazy?

Also...typically bothered or not...would that have freaked you out? I mean..my heart rate was elevated and everything...it was pretty intense!
I would've killed it - a spider bit my sons arm last week and his arm bruised up for 4 days- so not a big fan of that eight legged creature right now .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
I would've killed it - a spider bit my sons arm last week and his arm bruised up for 4 days- so not a big fan of that eight legged creature right now .

Has he seen a doctor? Not sure of the stages, but, Brown Recluses' poison takes time before it affects your tissue...yet, it begins to eat the tissue. Scary shit...I've known 2 people who were bit, and they ended up with craters in the are they were bitten. I'm jot trying to scare you...just, if you haven't taken him in, it'd be a good idea, to be safe.

·
Registered
15,125 Posts
Has he seen a doctor? Not sure of the stages, but, Brown Recluses' poison takes time before it affects your tissue...yet, it begins to eat the tissue. Scary shit...I've known 2 people who were bit, and they ended up with craters in the are they were bitten. I'm jot trying to scare you...just, if you haven't taken him in, it'd be a good idea, to be safe.
I've taken him in- thanks for caring , *hug*

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
I've taken him in- thanks for caring , *hug*

Of course...Not only are you sweet as can be...but, he's a child. Of course I care...glad you did and he's ok. :)

True story-another spider just came down from my ceiling...what the hell is going on..they're following me. They're like...women (when I was younger)...:tongue:

·
Registered
15,125 Posts
Of course...Not only are you sweet as can be...but, he's a child. Of course I care...glad you did and he's ok. :)

True story-another spider just came down from my ceiling...what the hell is going on..they're following me. They're like...women (when I was younger)...:tongue:
Younger only huh? Not now ;)

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Younger only huh? Not now ;)

Nah...not all the time, anyway. Now...I have to like...pursue and stuff.:shocked: It's soooo much work..:bored::tongue:

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I'm so sick
:/
Got complete blocked inflammated throat, dizzy and sick, weak can't barely stand
:(((

How are guys when you have the boo-hoo ?
Behave like if you're going die, and demand care like a baby
Or suck it up and take care of yourself?

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
I'm so sick
Got complete blocked inflammated throat, dizzy and sick, weak can't barely stand

I like my S.O. to serve me when I'm sick. Cook me soup , give me clean fresh blankets, and a feel better BJ. Otherwise without S.O. I just pound some Nyquill , go to sleep , and go to work the next day.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I like my S.O. to serve me when I'm sick. Cook me soup , give me clean fresh blankets, and a feel better BJ. Otherwise without S.O. I just pound some Nyquill , go to sleep , and go to work the next day.
Hehehe Hehehe
Huuummmm you're so right, it would be nice to have such SO
:p

·
The No More Hero
18,285 Posts
I'm so sick

I drink tea with honey and get all better. And yes, I do take care of myself.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I don't kill spiders. Ever.
Bless you, but no.
i kill each and every spider f'kr that comes near me and mine.
Where I live; we have red-backs (black widows) everywhere. They are endemic. They live in my back yard, under my garden furniture, around my BBQ. I don't stop to check them out. They die.
Also funnel web spiders are around. But they're not in my area.

One night, I walked into my bedroom and turned on the light. Thousands of baby spiders were ALL OVER my bedroom ceiling. It was something out a horror movie. I killed them all; I think I emptied a can of insect spray in my room. @JaySH if it's any help, my heart rate was up after that episode too :)

I now have a no-prisoners policy. Any spider, anywhere near me, dies.

·
The No More Hero
18,285 Posts
Bless you, but no.
i kill each and every spider f'kr that comes near me and mine.
Where I live; we have red-backs (black widows) everywhere. They are endemic. They live in my back yard, under my garden furniture, around my BBQ. I don't stop to check them out. They die.
Also funnel web spiders are around. But they're not in my area.

One night, I walked into my bedroom and turned on the light. Thousands of baby spiders were ALL OVER my bedroom ceiling. It was something out a horror movie. I killed them all; I think I emptied a can of insect spray in my room. @JaySH if it's any help, my heart rate was up after that episode too :)

I now have a no-prisoners policy. Any spider, anywhere near me, dies.
Well, it's with spiders in my room that I'm not bitten by mosquitos ever summer.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Well, it's with spiders in my room that I'm not bitten by mosquitos ever summer.
So you have spider webs and everything in your room? I just have a screen on my window...seems to do the trick.

On another note, I got this completely redneck mosquito tool...a bug zapping "racket", like a tennis racket but, with an electrical charge. Still haven't had the chance to use it but, can't wait. Yeah...I'm no redneck...but, for some reason, this seems fun to me. Kindof morbid to make a game of it...but, I HATE MOSQUITOS! Much like @BooMonster with spiders, THEY ALL DIE,

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
If that's the case, go for it.

However, in my part of the world red backs spiders are venomous and their bite can kill people. So given a choice between the chance of certain hostipalization and possible death from a spider bite (of a type which is very common here) or a mildly annoying mosquito bite, in my part of the world I'm going for the mosquito. Even if there is a very slight chance of dengue fever.

Redback spider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
diiferenr environments, different choices :)

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
If that's the case, go for it.

However, in my part of the world red backs spiders are venomous and their bite can kill people. So given a choice between the chance of certain hostipalization and possible death from a spider bite (of a type which is very common here) or a mildly annoying mosquito bite, in my part of the world I'm going for the mosquito. Even if there is a very slight chance of dengue fever.

Redback spider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
diiferenr environments, different choices :)
We'll. at least there has been no deaths reported as a result of their bites since 1956' when the anti-venom was introduced. That,s soothing, right? :)

·
Registered
15,125 Posts
I'm so sick

Neither- when Im sick, Im usually sleeping or cracking up jokes and watching Zombieland - best movie to watch when sick- for me at least. It does feels nice to be taken care of though- or have company around- but yeah laughter is the best medicine medicine- and sleep.
Im so sorry that you're sick !

ps have you seen this?

feel better!

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
I'm so sick

I have no choice but to suck it up...but, if I have an SO to take care of me, it's nice to feel taken care of.

I'm sorry you're it feeling well....:(

·
The No More Hero
18,285 Posts
So you have spider webs and everything in your room? I just have a screen on my window...seems to do the trick.

On another note, I got this completely redneck mosquito tool...a bug zapping "racket", like a tennis racket but, with an electrical charge. Still haven't had the chance to use it but, can't wait. Yeah...I'm no redneck...but, for some reason, this seems fun to me. Kindof morbid to make a game of it...but, I HATE MOSQUITOS! Much like @BooMonster with spiders, THEY ALL DIE,
No spider webs, the spiders here are mostly small and harmless.
My grandfather has one of those, they don't work that well.

3021 - 3040 of 33605 Posts