Personality Cafe banner

33721 - 33740 of 33759 Posts

·
Registered
15,258 Posts
Do you tend to befriend your fellow ENFPs more than other types? I ask because everyone in my friend group but me is an ENFP lol.
No - I don’t know any other enfp personally irl - the enfp that I got close with I found here on perC :)
With that said - I saw that you’re an isfp- my best guy friend is an isfp :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,258 Posts
I have a friend who I think is ENFP. She's been a good friend over the years. However, I've developed a better picture of her patterns over the past year or so, and I'm wondering if you think this sounds like ENFP.

She has a definite idea of how everyone "should" act or be. She's told me she doesn't like certain people because they did this or that. Now I'm beginning to realize that there a LOT of people she dislikes or disapproves of, just for having normal human failings.

Also, she had a problem with someone at work, and it blew up into a huge dispute over how that person should act, what the company should do about it, and what the union should do about it. The more ground she lost, the harder she fought. This went on for over a year, and she basically shot herself in the foot.

There was another incident at work where only a certain number of clients could be served promptly, and two of her friends were upset about having to wait. My friend disagreed with the triage decision and raised a big fuss. When she sought sympathy from me, I said it was a judgment call and could have gone either way. She insisted that the decision and the person who made it were just plain wrong.

Does all this sound like ENFP to you? Thank you.
No Enfp are Pe dom- the type often prefer others to be their genuine self and is unlikely to judge others- been told that I’m too easy on others - I don’t really notice other people’s flaw nor do I complain or nag about others . Your friend sounds more like a J type - expecting people to act a certain way and sought sympathy from exterior sources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
245 Posts
Do you tend to befriend your fellow ENFPs more than other types? I ask because everyone in my friend group but me is an ENFP lol.
Nah, I love everyone and befriend anyone who doesn't go out of their way to try and cut me down. I don't have any irl friends who are ENFP.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have you ever had deep meaningful and substantial conversations with many types, if so, which one stood out the most?

Personally, I find myself more blossomed and full of life around ENFPs because it seemingly provokes profound ramblings. It's almost as if I'm secretly ENFP underneath it all. Lmao. I turn extroverted around you lot. Get all gushy and full of high love vibrations. Don't want to stop hearing you go, as well as not shutting the hell up in return. :ROFLMAO: ;):love:

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Have you ever had deep meaningful and substantial conversations with many types, if so, which one stood out the most?

Personally, I find myself more blossomed and full of life around ENFPs because it seemingly provokes profound ramblings. It's almost as if I'm secretly ENFP underneath it all. Lmao. I turn extroverted around you lot. Get all gushy and full of high love vibrations. Don't want to stop hearing you go, as well as not shutting the hell up in return. :ROFLMAO: ;):love:
And that IS the goal! Yay!
INFJs and other NPs for sure!

Reactions: Siku

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
I have a friend who I think is ENFP. She's been a good friend over the years. However, I've developed a better picture of her patterns over the past year or so, and I'm wondering if you think this sounds like ENFP.

She has a definite idea of how everyone "should" act or be. She's told me she doesn't like certain people because they did this or that. Now I'm beginning to realize that there a LOT of people she dislikes or disapproves of, just for having normal human failings.

Also, she had a problem with someone at work, and it blew up into a huge dispute over how that person should act, what the company should do about it, and what the union should do about it. The more ground she lost, the harder she fought. This went on for over a year, and she basically shot herself in the foot.

There was another incident at work where only a certain number of clients could be served promptly, and two of her friends were upset about having to wait. My friend disagreed with the triage decision and raised a big fuss. When she sought sympathy from me, I said it was a judgment call and could have gone either way. She insisted that the decision and the person who made it were just plain wrong.

Does all this sound like ENFP to you? Thank you.
Usually we don’t get involved if it’s going to really get other people in trouble, but we CAN have strong opinions or views, depending on how strong that Fi is. What she is getting upset about is something to look at. Did she think the decisions being made had a very negative impact on people’s working environment or life? Was she upset that someone got fired for no reason or something like that? We can think we are right and everyone else wrong, it’s a possibility. It’s not common for us to be too confrontational though unless we really think damage has been done. Often we might complain about an establishment decision to our friends but might not decide to ever get involved fighting against it... but sometimes we really think we should be very brave for our principals. It sounds like your friend is brave for her principals... We would have to know more about her and her thoughts in my opinion and about other things about her. Right now all you are describing is Fi or Ti... Fi if the emotional impact of the decision on people was taken into account and Ti if the emotional impact of what was done was not taken into account... We would also need to hear the Ne or Se part of this person to narrow it down.

Also you do see more ExxJs getting angry and actually confronting/combating.... so more info is needed. Inferior Fi if convinced it has reason to be angry can be as combative or more combative than high Fi... all depending. But I think you you are seeing either Fi or Ti in action Wherever it is in the person’s stack. more info needed, imo.

Reactions: islandlight

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629
738 Posts
Do you think ENFPs tend to be charming? I think they do. If you think you are at least a bit charming, could you pinpoint what makes you charming? Did you have to develop this sort of outward demeanor? I'd like to have this trait/skill but I don't know where to start.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Do you think ENFPs tend to be charming? I think they do. If you think you are at least a bit charming, could you pinpoint what makes you charming? Did you have to develop this sort of outward demeanor? I'd like to have this trait/skill but I don't know where to start.
Well, I love me (it took a lot of honesty and self acceptance). And how I treat me is how I treat everyone.

Definition of charming:
adjective
pleasant or attractive.
(of a person or manner) polite, friendly, and likable.

Reactions: Llyralen

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629
738 Posts
Well, I love me (it took a lot of honesty and self acceptance). And how I treat me is how I treat everyone.

Definition of charming:
adjective
pleasant or attractive.
(of a person or manner) polite, friendly, and likable.
Thanks James! That's a good point, and gives me quite good direction in where to focus my efforts. I think I'm rather polite and friendly, I don't know about the likable just yet.
So I'll go work on loving myself. I remember dropping an exercise some time ago, I think I had to tell myself something good about myself every day. I wonder when I stopped.

Thanks once again!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I've had conversations about this in the past and I had it narrowed down to:
1) Our default demeanor is harmless and generally friendly.
2) We don't filter a lot of personal things that other people tend to filter, so it can appear to others that we are vulnerable and that can be pretty disarming and encourage reciprocity.
3) When engaging one-on-one, we are (mostly often) genuinely interested and it comes through.

As far as I can tell, they're just natural traits. Those are sort of things that manifest when you HAVE to ExFP. I suppose how another might use these as technique would be in the details.

That type of charm doesn't get you everywhere, though.

·
Registered
ENFP 2w3 sp/so
707 Posts
Thanks James! That's a good point, and gives me quite good direction in where to focus my efforts. I think I'm rather polite and friendly, I don't know about the likable just yet.
So I'll go work on loving myself. I remember dropping an exercise some time ago, I think I had to tell myself something good about myself every day. I wonder when I stopped.

Thanks once again!
Based on our interactions on this form, I can tell that you're indeed polite and friendly.
You have quite a nice personality which makes you likable.
Have some confidence 🌸

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629
738 Posts
I've had conversations about this in the past and I had it narrowed down to:
1) Our default demeanor is harmless and generally friendly.
2) We don't filter a lot of personal things that other people tend to filter, so it can appear to others that we are vulnerable and that can be pretty disarming and encourage reciprocity.
3) When engaging one-on-one, we are (mostly often) genuinely interested and it comes through.

As far as I can tell, they're just natural traits. Those are sort of things that manifest when you HAVE to ExFP. I suppose how another might use these as technique would be in the details.

That type of charm doesn't get you everywhere, though.
Apparently some people, behind my back (but in a good way) said that I was cute (kind of an odd compliment to hear at 25) and harmless. I'm pretty sure this is from filtering less things and allowing people to hear my thoughts as I think them, which are generally positive so I think I'm not too bad at 1 and 2.

I think I can understand how to approach improving on 3 now. My lack of a filter in some situations comes through in a bad way sometimes. I try to be genuinely interested in people and what they do, but if some people start talking about sewing or furniture I uh... start to blank out. I can't go completely silent either, that would make them feel bad. I wonder what I'll do. Maybe the ISFJs will have an answer.

Thanks for the direction Whippit. (cool name btw)

I think I've got a plan of attack:
1. Work on loving myself.
2. Filter out disinterest? / Find better ways to engage people who talk about sewing to show interest

Based on our interactions on this form, I can tell that you're indeed polite and friendly.
You have quite a nice personality which makes you likable.
Have some confidence 🌸
Thanks for the compliment. I'll try.
Flowers don't go through life worrying about self-esteem, neither should I.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Apparently some people, behind my back (but in a good way) said that I was cute (kind of an odd compliment to hear at 25) and harmless. I'm pretty sure this is from filtering less things and allowing people to hear my thoughts as I think them, which are generally positive so I think I'm not too bad at 1 and 2.

I think I can understand how to approach improving on 3 now. My lack of a filter in some situations comes through in a bad way sometimes. I try to be genuinely interested in people and what they do, but if some people start talking about sewing or furniture I uh... start to blank out. I can't go completely silent either, that would make them feel bad. I wonder what I'll do. Maybe the ISFJs will have an answer.

Thanks for the direction Whippit. (cool name btw)

I think I've got a plan of attack:
1. Work on loving myself.
2. Filter out disinterest? / Find better ways to engage people who talk about sewing to show interest

Thanks for the compliment. I'll try.
Flowers don't go through life worrying about self-esteem, neither should I.
checking your type Hah, yeah, tuning out is something I experience from my INFP partner (blanking out) on the other side of the conversation, often she's interested but just on a related mental tangent. As soon as I saw your type, I welled up with so much unsolicited advice, but unfortunately not enough time to get it out rn. I'll have to circle back, here.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have no idea what I'm looking to answer here. I'm trying to figure out my friendship with an ENFP who I work with and really like (but I have no expectations of as we have no real world possibilities and I'm completely sure he has 0% interest anyway). We speak pretty regularly via video calls even through lock down as we work on a lot of the same projects. We initially got along well then had issues when we started working (arising from very different styles). But these sorted out over time and got along well. Recently he's randomly started sharing his views on the working of society and the world in general, discussions which I enjoy and engage in as well as just talking about stuff in general more. I suppose I'm wondering if this is a sign of developing more of a friendship? There is someone else in the team who he is much more close with, compared to her I would say our friendship is much more less significant but then I don't imagine he has these kind of discussions with anyone else in our team. I suppose I'm just wondering if these kind of intellectual discussions around personal views are things you guys commonly par take in?

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,153 Posts
On this site, I tend to lean and like a lot of other Ne forward-thinking people. I hang out in the ENFP section the most. In reality, I don't meet very many ENFPs. I have a lot of ESFJ, ISFJS, and ESFPs in my life but I think I only know of one other ENFP. I tend to befriend ISFJs very quickly and are drawn to them.

·
Registered
ENFP-A 359 sp/sx
1,269 Posts
Not really.
I genuinely like a few (here), but the unhealthy ones drive me up the wall.
My comrades have consisted of INTJ, INTP, INFJ, INFP.
The one funny thing is that I have a great majority of intuitives in my life for some reason.
The sensors are either secondary family or my mother's friends.

Reactions: 1magine

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I'm hoping for the best. I think this will be the first time I celebrate a president being removed from office.
I think a lot of people are looking forward to this being a possibility, many of who will never admit it. I definitely am. But to be candid, I find Biden distasteful and I'm embarrassed that this election is supposed to represent the best our country has to offer.

I have no idea what I'm looking to answer here. I'm trying to figure out my friendship with an ENFP who I work with and really like (but I have no expectations of as we have no real world possibilities and I'm completely sure he has 0% interest anyway). We speak pretty regularly via video calls even through lock down as we work on a lot of the same projects. We initially got along well then had issues when we started working (arising from very different styles). But these sorted out over time and got along well. Recently he's randomly started sharing his views on the working of society and the world in general, discussions which I enjoy and engage in as well as just talking about stuff in general more. I suppose I'm wondering if this is a sign of developing more of a friendship? There is someone else in the team who he is much more close with, compared to her I would say our friendship is much more less significant but then I don't imagine he has these kind of discussions with anyone else in our team. I suppose I'm just wondering if these kind of intellectual discussions around personal views are things you guys commonly par take in?
I imagine an ENFP would be ALWAYS willing to talk about these things with people who are willing to hear them, and when they have some lively or interesting responses. It's definitely not incompatible with friendship, but sometimes it's also just mining another's POV for new data.

33721 - 33740 of 33759 Posts