34001 - 34020 of 34052 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Registered
INTJ-Fi, 5w4 sx/sp
594 Posts
Hi ENFPs, you are almost as cool as ESFPs, expect that you miss that little spice of spontaneousness and vividness..., I guess you keep it up with enough moments of "Hm, that was actually a really good idea...?" or "Damn, why the hell didn't I thought about that before?..."

I have a simple suggestion..., in this continuous war between our civilizations...

I, as INTJ, have the total power to provide you with inner protection, as long as you also surrender your outer protection..., we have much to win from each other, if we can negotiate a truce, can it be a temporarily peace between us?... totally stale Optimus Prime-face

I say temporarily peace, because I already know it will only be a very temporarily hugging, but whatever, let's give it a try at best... xD

·
exploring space
10,118 Posts
Hi ENFPs, you are almost as cool as ESFPs, expect that you miss that little spice of spontaneousness and vividness..., I guess you keep it up with enough moments of "Hm, that was actually a really good idea...?" or "Damn, why the hell didn't I thought about that before?..."

I have a simple suggestion..., in this continuous war between our civilizations...

I, as INTJ, have the total power to provide you with inner protection, as long as you also surrender your outer protection..., we have much to win from each other, if we can negotiate a truce, can it be a temporarily peace between us?... totally stale Optimus Prime-face

I say temporarily peace, because I already know it will only be a very temporarily hugging, but whatever, let's give it a try at best... xD
inner protection? outer protection? wat does that even meano_O

·
Registered
ENFJ
11,608 Posts
inner protection? outer protection? wat does that even meano_O
I am pretty much sure that he means that we should surrender our Fi which he is seeing as in Need of Protection, while he wants us to give up our Tert Te to his Aux Te too while he is on the March to Domination :unsure:, so in the End he just wants to win everything :cool: because he is thinking that this would be better for us anways.

I will bite him.

PS: April Fool Joke, not one until now. Anyone else?

·
Registered
15,766 Posts
I am pretty much sure that he means that we should surrender our Fi which he is seeing as in Need of Protection, while he wants us to give up our Tert Te to his Aux Te too while he is on the March to Domination :unsure:, so in the End he just wants to win everything :cool: because he is thinking that this would be better for us anways.

I will bite him.

PS: April Fool Joke, not one until now. Anyone else?
I told some of my employees that McDonald’s M stands for AA bc the owner recovered from being an alcoholic oddly enough they all believed me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Electra

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
What to do with a (possible) depressed, highly anxious ENFP who isn't interested in almost nothing and isn't doing much to help themselves much anymore. There's only so much I and others can do.

And there's always anxious questions or reverse psychology questions repeated 20 times over during the day.

Possibly something wrong with the brain maybe.

It's super sad.

·
Registered
15,766 Posts
What to do with a (possible) depressed, highly anxious ENFP who isn't interested in almost nothing and isn't doing much to help themselves much anymore. There's only so much I and others can do.

And there's always anxious questions or reverse psychology questions repeated 20 times over during the day.

It's super sad.
I can’t reply to you base in experience bc I have never gone through what she had - however from
an Fi point of view I would advice for you to avoid this individual unless you genuinely want to help - from the way it sounds this person irritates and annoys everyone around them so you giving them a helping hand wouldn’t resolve well, looks like he /she may need some therapy or a person that would take them seriously and enjoy listening to what they have to say .

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
I can’t reply to you base in experience bc I have never gone through what she had - however from
an Fi point of view I would advice for you to avoid this individual unless you genuinely want to help - from the way it sounds this person irritates and annoys everyone around them so you giving them a helping hand wouldn’t resolve well, looks like he /she may need some therapy or a person that would take them seriously and enjoy listening to what they have to say .

To be honest they're my mother.
I really do want to help but idk what to do.
Oh I put possible in the wrong place, I meant she could be a (possible) ENFP. It's not, this is hard to explain. She doesn't act the same way every day, she has good days and bad days, and she does do things if she decides to do things with us.... But it's just those other days when she's really down that we don't know what to do. All I've been doing is listening and trying to support her, giving hugs, I may have gotten upset, and have been rude and snappy at times when I definitely should not have.... I feel bad for that. But we don't get angry at her, it's just frustrating for everybody. Especially ESTP.

Well I guess just being supportive is all we can do. We're just worried about her health, that's all. We want her to be healthy but with someone with such high anxiety they have comfort things. But this comfort thing is detrimental to health.....
I want her quality of life to be good you know. She must get bored...

Anyway thank you for replying! Thanks for your time.

Reactions: ai.tran.75

·
Registered
15,766 Posts
To be honest they're my mother.
I really do want to help but idk what to do.
Oh I put possible in the wrong place, I meant she could be a (possible) ENFP. It's not, this is hard to explain. She doesn't act the same way every day, she has good days and bad days, and she does do things if she decides to do things with us.... But it's just those other days when she's really down that we don't know what to do. All I've been doing is listening and trying to support her, giving hugs, I may have gotten upset, and have been rude and snappy at times when I definitely should not have.... I feel bad for that. But we don't get angry at her, it's just frustrating for everybody. Especially ESTP.

Well I guess just being supportive is all we can do. We're just worried about her health, that's all. We want her to be healthy but with someone with such high anxiety they have comfort things. But this comfort thing is detrimental to health.....
I want her quality of life to be good you know. She must get bored...

Anyway thank you for replying! Thanks for your time.
i’m sorry to hear about your mother , if she is indeed an enfp then it’s likely that she’s the only person who could pull herself out of the situation that she’s in , it’s definitely hard to listen to someone who’s overly anxious more so if it’s a parent figure . Does she know that her pain is hurting you as well ? I think sometimes helping others will make one feel more useful and cheer them up , so perhaps ask her if she could help you with something and see where it goes from there- if you haven’t already :)

·
Registered
616 Posts

It's super sad.
Man... depression.... I'm no ENFP so sorry for answering, but I can answer on the depression experience.

I went through a few years of that ages ago. It was hard on those around me. Particularly my ESFP friend. They don't absorb the negative vibes of a depressed person well.
Now it's "managed". It pops up every now and then. So I bounce between melancholy and normal now.

I thought it was strange that I found it so painful that I want to escape it and also found some comfort in self pity. It was almost like, if no one is going to understand me, I might as well be there for myself because I understand how I feel the best. It was quite a strange contradiction.

I generally break away from it more when I reach such a painful low that I feel motivated to do something different.

I also found that most helpful state to be introspective and figure out my problems is from a physiologically healthy state. So exercising 1hr in the morning (40min run. 5min Strength. 15 Stretches). Solid 9-10hr sleep. Eating Healthy, low carb, slightly higher fat. Plus 10min of Focus Exercise. So strangely, I'm quite fit now thanks to depression. Doctors and research says exercise does what the meds for depression does only better, and whoever can replicate the effects of exercise into a pill would become the richest most powerful person in the world.

So 1 hour of effort is the trade off. And for someone in that mindset it can be almost impossible to get motivated to do that. I've had to start super small and easy. I went from 5mins a day to 1hr over a few months to build the habit incrementally. Having achievable simple short term goals. Having fun (Basketball with friends).

Professional psychological counseling is also highly recommended alongside getting fit. Counselling is pretty much healthy guided introspection. It's a skill that needs to be trained. A good therapist is effectively training their patients to be good at healthy introspection & problem solving.

And at the same time being supportive and being there for her.

But I the most difficult thing is finding the willingness to fight depression. You can't really force her to want something she doesn't want right? I suppose the best thing is find & suggest the best therapist. To talk it out with her. Let her know that there's a way out, that she doesn't have be in that state. That it's hard for others too. That there have been many others with depression who are fighting it now and have fought through it. If she doesn't want to, then perhaps ask why without any judgement, being genuinely curious.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Man... depression.... I'm no ENFP so sorry for answering, but I can answer on the depression experience.

I went through a few years of that ages ago. It was hard on those around me. Particularly my ESFP friend. They don't absorb the negative vibes of a depressed person well.
Now it's "managed". It pops up every now and then. So I bounce between melancholy and normal now.

I thought it was strange that I found it so painful that I want to escape it and also found some comfort in self pity. It was almost like, if no one is going to understand me, I might as well be there for myself because I understand how I feel the best. It was quite a strange contradiction.

I generally break away from it more when I reach such a painful low that I feel motivated to do something different.

I also found that most helpful state to be introspective and figure out my problems is from a physiologically healthy state. So exercising 1hr in the morning (40min run. 5min Strength. 15 Stretches). Solid 9-10hr sleep. Eating Healthy, low carb, slightly higher fat. Plus 10min of Focus Exercise. So strangely, I'm quite fit now thanks to depression. Doctors and research says exercise does what the meds for depression does only better, and whoever can replicate the effects of exercise into a pill would become the richest most powerful person in the world.

So 1 hour of effort is the trade off. And for someone in that mindset it can be almost impossible to get motivated to do that. I've had to start super small and easy. I went from 5mins a day to 1hr over a few months to build the habit incrementally. Having achievable simple short term goals. Having fun (Basketball with friends).

Professional psychological counseling is also highly recommended alongside getting fit. Counselling is pretty much healthy guided introspection. It's a skill that needs to be trained. A good therapist is effectively training their patients to be good at healthy introspection & problem solving.

And at the same time being supportive and being there for her.

But I the most difficult thing is finding the willingness to fight depression. You can't really force her to want something she doesn't want right? I suppose the best thing is find & suggest the best therapist. To talk it out with her. Let her know that there's a way out, that she doesn't have be in that state. That it's hard for others too. That there have been many others with depression who are fighting it now and have fought through it. If she doesn't want to, then perhaps ask why without any judgement, being genuinely curious.
I'm sorry to hear you went through that.
I have had depression since I was 12 and am on medication for it so I definitely know what it feels like too...

She has actually been to counselling many times, but she's sick of those now, she's already talked about her various problems numerous times, and she said she's over them now. This is over the past 10+ years or so.

Exercise definitely helps, it's just getting her motivated to do more, but I know how hard motivation can be. Maybe I seem hypocritical. I mean I don't always want to exercise either! But my dad does most of the encouraging. She does go for walks on her own accord every day, but they're not very far. But I guess it's better than nothing. However, she's self conscious about her weight, and my dad's like, well you're not going to lose it if you only walk this far, etc...

She goes for walks every morning, in fact that's where she is now.

So I guess that's better than nothing.

I guess it'll all take time. But it's been going on for so long, on and off, she's had a manic episode as well and that was.... Hell.

It's just really frustrating for my dad, especially since she is negative about almost everything. It wears people down...

But I know she's not in a good place and it must be very hard... I mean, I've been in a dark place too, so, I don't get upset at her; it really is difficult dealing with depression.

I guess we can't force her to do things, which maybe that's what we're kind of doing? I mean my dad gets frustrated and sometimes might snap and say things, and raise his voice a bit but only because he's worried etc... But I guess that doesn't help..
I mean we could keep asking her to do something until she gives in, kind of thing, not all the time though.

My dad is not a bad person! It's just difficult for him.

Ahhh we don't force her to do things, just keep making suggestions. But that would get annoying I suppose. If she doesn't want to come somewhere then we don't make her. We leave the choice up to her, well I think most of the time anyway.

My parents usually chat outside so, idk what they say to each other.

Whew, that was quite long... Sorry!

PS must be really difficult for an ESTP to live with two depressed NF types........... I know how frustrated he must feel. But I usually do things with him.

Reactions: Joe Black

·
Registered
616 Posts
Whew, that was quite long... Sorry!
No problem at all!

I've known a few ESTPs (Clients). They do like getting a handle on a situation. And they are very lovely people too.

The LAST AND FINAL RESORT if she's unwilling to see a counsellor or fight it, would be to "be the counsellor" (adjusted to context) - Find out how counsellors deal with depressed patients. Learn the right and helpful things to say. Avoid the unhelpful. Understand the overall goal. Adjust your expectations. Be prepared to be in it for the long haul. Do a short course. Books. Youtube videos. Articles. Whatever it takes. - Some of these things might actually be good for you and your dad's mental well being too. - So don't forget to look after yourselves, not just your mum.

Maybe she does feel nagged? Maybe there's a better way?

I have noticed that a good therapist doesn't necessarily tell the patient what to do (sometimes they just need to say it 5% of the time), but encourages them to be capable of helping themselves. Helps them work through it. Takes a lot of patience and having the right expectations.

If fixing people was as easy as telling them the right answer, then we wouldn't have so many broken people in the world. (I've learned this the hard way... as an INFJ, I'm almost too eager to fix people by telling them the answer. For someone not looking for an answer, giving them the answer works almost 0% of the time. When it works, it surprises me a lot, and it's the exception, not the norm. )

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,852 Posts

You lost me with this illogical post.

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,852 Posts

It's super sad.
Edit: Just read she's your mother in the next post. Skip to the last paragraph.

I can't answer this because I've never experienced anything like this. I also am not a licensed psychologist. Still, even in my darkest days where I feel numb and lost I still find something to do. Normally art or lose myself in a research project. Maybe they are doing things for themselves but you don't notice it? I only have your perspective on this individual. If you find them constantly anxious and annoying you should distance yourself from them. Again, I don't know anything about them and can't answer a review of their psychological intent. However, from your post, I can answer that this relationship is unhealthy for you. Sometimes you just need to let someone go. I agree it is so much you can do for someone but, clearly, you don't fit with this person if you have this viewpoint about them. They may not even be unhealthy and it's just your viewpoint. Not everyone fits together. Possibly something is wrong with the way you fit with this person? Not everyone is the same.

I've had days where people ask me if I'm depressed or if something is wrong because I'm not 100% your bubbly blonde go girl and actually nothing is wrong with me. I'm just too into my world, concentrating on an art project, contemplating mathematics for solid physics, pathology, writing, making magic, and moving mountains. A couple of months they'll see I made another magazine for my photography or published a science journal. Perception is a tricky thing when you're dealing with another human being. Don't always assume someone is not doing anything for themselves and if you get to the point of thinking you're doing reverse psychology or think this about them and it urks you to make a post like this about them, take a step back and clarify your position.

If they are truly depressed, this anxious, and are not doing anything in the day (like zombie). Then they need professional help. Since you're asking us (strangers) on a public forum, I highly doubt you have the credentials to help them. So this is where you politely suggest they get help and if you really care about them, get help. If this is someone you love, they don't urk you, and they're not normally like this compression hugs and cashews go a long way with depression. Also, weighted blankets help. Edit: since I now have new information. You're doing great with the hugs, keep them up. Ask about why she's like this? Sometimes as children, we don't understand because we don't know our parent's journey. Like we might not know when a best friend from their past dies that we've never met? If it's the news, try to keep her off the news. Just find out why she's like this. You can't fix it if you don't know what's causing it. Also, if she's an ENFP, she might need to work this out for herself. Sorry to say that. Things that have helped me when I'm down are a good book to read, a funny movie, long hikes in the wilderness, or a trip.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I've heard that ENFPs are ambiverts. Is this true for all ENFPs? Also hearing that ENFPs can be not quite apparently extroverted or gregarious. The E in ENFP says extrovert, but are they really?

What's their energy level like in person? Are they like charismatic like Will Smith? Is Will Smith an ENFP? Maybe charisma is not a good indicator of extroversion? But I generally find extroverts rather charismatic, particularly ESxP.

I've seen a few ENFP youtubers. But it's hard to tell what a person's like when they're acting in front of a camera.

I've seen the stereotypes & descriptions. Just not sure which stereotype or description applies to ALL or NOTALL.

I also found this word "omnivert" and it seems to describe me, sometimes I appear and feel 100% extroverted, and sometimes 100% introverted, depending on circumstance.

BTW...
What other VERTS are there? I'll make some up... lol
Superverted: both 100% extroverted and 100% introverted at the same time (like a quantum super-state). No idea how that would work! LOL.
Subverted: (apart from overthrowning the established =P)
Exoverted:
Endoverted:
Ectoverted:
Metaverted:
Isoverted:

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,852 Posts
I've heard that ENFPs are ambiverts. Is this true for all ENFPs? Also hearing that ENFPs can be not quite apparently extroverted or gregarious. The E in ENFP says extrovert, but are they really?

What's their energy level like in person? Are they like charismatic like Will Smith? Is Will Smith an ENFP? Maybe charisma is not a good indicator of extroversion? But I generally find extroverts rather charismatic, particularly ESxP.

I've seen a few ENFP youtubers. But it's hard to tell what a person's like when they're acting in front of a camera.

I've seen the stereotypes & descriptions. Just not sure which stereotype or description applies to ALL or NOTALL.

I also found this word "omnivert" and it seems to describe me, sometimes I appear and feel 100% extroverted, and sometimes 100% introverted, depending on circumstance.

BTW...
What other VERTS are there? I'll make some up... lol
Superverted: both 100% extroverted and 100% introverted at the same time (like a quantum super-state). No idea how that would work! LOL.
Subverted: (apart from overthrowning the established =P)
Exoverted:
Endoverted:
Ectoverted:
Metaverted:
Isoverted:
The E and I in the MBTI are not your traditional definitions of outgoing and shy when regards to the words like extroverts and introverts. The E for an ENFP means extroverted intuition. Think of someone dipping from multiple creative and idea wells, fluttering all about the knowledge garden collecting hobbies. Combined with Fi and Te can make for a very unique individual with an ironic disposition. The irony is we're not that outgoing, in the traditional word of extroversion, though from outside perceptions it gives the illusion that we are. We're talkative, friendly, bubbly, and charismatic with the public. Think Robin Williams instead of Will Smith. We're more likely to be very sweet and outgoing in a social setting, though what we say might come off odd to the rest of society. I'm if not very eclectic and weird. I'm not scared to go to social events but they drain me. I don't crave to have tons of friends, club-hopping, and constantly going to parties, that would be exhausting. I'm more introverted than extroverted. However, I can't be alone. Some of ENFPs worst fears would be to be locked away in a white room, tied up, and with nothing to do. My ideal partnership is someone nearby to give me feedback on all my projects but also give me space to dive into that reservoir of imagination and pure theory. I also have a wanderlust to seek out new experiences and landmarks. I love traveling, normally with one person to enjoy that experience with. Again I need a bouncer, someone that can reverberate back ideas and theories alongside me. I would rather be at my home, snuggled up with my projects and my one person with me than any concert or social event. However, I'm still a good team player and can come up with a plethora of ideas to fix a problem. I'm pretty much a reverse engineer.

So, in conclusion, we don't need a lot of people, just that one person that we fit with. Social interactions in mass will drain us, even though we come off bubbly and friendly. It may appear to outsiders that we have tons of friends but actually we only have a couple. Ideas, learning, creative projects, and traveling will normally suffuse us with vibrant vitality. Some people also confuse this drive for new ideas and hobbies as releasing the old hobbies we had, which is not the case. We always circle back. Individuals and people are not hobbies to us and the people we collect in our lives normally we bond to for a lifetime. You'll know an ENFP loves you and is bounded to you when they show their dark side to you. It may appear that we show our dark side more often to individuals we trust and love over strangers because we hardly show that side to anyone so that one person when we are upset might feel overwhelmed by the emotions we might experience in our moment of need. So finally, we are known as the most introverted of the E types.

I would say most individuals on this planet are ambiverts when I examine the bell curve and apply mathematics to the equation. To be normal is to be ambiverts in the middle of the social spectrum. Yes certain MBTI groupings will be more extroverted and introverted in the traditional definition of outgoing and shy. However, if I were to examine my real-life interactions with the MBTI individuals I know I can show almost a spectrum of where I land within the group. My ISFJ best friends are very outgoing compared to me and do enjoy going out. My INFJ in my life is more extroverted than I am. So in my life, I could rank it like this when examining the data collected from my personal experiences ESFJ --> ESFP --> ESTP --> ENFJ --> ISFJ --> ESTJ --> ENTP --> ENTJ --> INFJ --> ISFP --> ENFP --> INFP --> ISTJ --> INTP --> INTJ --> ISTP. It goes from most outgoing to shy/antisocial. I try not to confuse shyness with antisocial. Because simply there are some people like INTJs and ISTPs that are not shy, they just either aren't talkers and prefer being alone over social interactions. My personal experiences are hardly scientific evidence of the norm and a larger study would need to be done and could disprove the theory altogether. Just in my life that's the ranking. I would also express the MBTI is about preference and there will be outliers within each group.

34001 - 34020 of 34052 Posts