Personality Cafe banner

34021 - 34040 of 34052 Posts

·
Registered
15,766 Posts
@Joe Black

I've heard that ENFPs are ambiverts. Is this true for all ENFPs? Also hearing that ENFPs can be not quite apparently extroverted or gregarious. The E in ENFP says extrovert, but are they really?

* No ...there are some who are very extroverted and few who are quite antisocial but I would say most are ambiverts - Ne dom are known for being the most introverted extrovert . I think it would be fair to say that enfp are easiest for one to approach and the type is very positive ( see the bright side of things ) so the extroversion lies there , however due to fi the type tends to keeps emotions to self and needs to be alone in order to gain energy hence the introversion.

What's their energy level like in person?
energy level depends on the person/ I’m not active or loud however I’m extremely energetic in the sense that I don’t run out of energy and can tackle a lot of projects at once .

Are they like charismatic like Will Smith?

I would say that most enfp are charismatic and easy to approach. The vibe will always be various - some are more loud and bubbly , same very satire and sarcastic- I’m very calm and mellow which is more rare case but that could be due to being a 974 enneagram.

Is Will Smith an ENFP? will is most def esfp

example of enfp celebrities- Zooey Deschanel , Diego Luna , Macaulay Culkin , Roger Ebert, Russel Brand, Mathew Gray Gubler ,

From history- Oscar Wilde , Mark Twain , Walt Disney , Salvator Dali, Louisa May Alcott

Maybe charisma is not a good indicator of extroversion? But I generally find extroverts rather charismatic, particularly ESxP.

I don’t think introversion /extroversion deals much with how charismatic one is but i do believe those who enjoys conversing are more charismatic due to the fact that we enjoy talking and being heard and hearing our own self talk

I’ve met many charismatic infp- heck the most charming /charismatic person on this forum was mr meeper from way back

I've seen a few ENFP youtubers. But it's hard to tell what a person's like when they're acting in front of a camera.

* I’m not a fan of youtube videos but i agree with the statement that it’s weird to talk to a camera

I would say that enfp like infj have many different varieties- some infj are more bubbly and warm others cool and calm - same goes for enfp

i do think the thirst for living and freedom is common among most of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Joe Black and NIHM

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,852 Posts
@Joe Black

I’ve met many charismatic infp- heck the most charming /charismatic person on this forum was mr meeper from way back

I've seen a few ENFP youtubers. But it's hard to tell what a person's like when they're acting in front of a camera.

* I’m not a fan of youtube videos but i agree with the statement that it’s weird to talk to a camera

I would say that enfp like infj have many different varieties- some infj are more bubbly and warm others cool and calm - same goes for enfp

i do think the thirst for living and freedom is common among most of us

Boy, I'm a talkaholic from hell among introverts but with extroverts I can clam up if they're more dominant than me. I'm pretty submissive around my ESFJ friend, I also know if I interrupt her it irks her even though she interrupts everyone. Same with ESTPs. I've tried to train myself not to overtalk but it's hard if they spark a Ne cord. Start talking about space, physics, or math, BAM in your face rainbow puking every theory I could possibly think of, then two hours later look over at the person and they're just staring at me blinking... going.. I thought you were a dumb blonde. Normally when they get past the point of realizing I'm not just a bubbly blonde chick and that I have a supercomputer that can't seem to shut itself down I either get two reactions. Wow, you're awesome let's be best friends or wow, you're very weird please never talk to me again. Wait until you get in a subject talking about the uni bomber or serial killers. Then they just start inching away but a few stick with me and think I'm amazing. Not sure if the talking is a tick or defense mechanism. Like I can normally be quiet for a good bit in a lot of situations and say nothing. Though my mouth got me in trouble a lot in catechism school. Think Young Sheldon, except I was bubbly about it and actually did try to understand the equation of faith. I just think everything out loud, the faster I talk the faster I think. So even when I'm by myself typing this, I'm moving my mouth whispering out the conversation. I also make cute sounds throughout the day like beep beep boop boop. Or meep meep. This fast-talking and bubbly personality seems to give me an appearance that I'm extroverted but I'm shy as can be and really do prefer being home most of the time.

I miss Mr. Meepers and @Wellsy (INFP) they were both extremely charismatic. I thought Wellsy was amazing, a really good friend to hang out with. Never scared him away, at least I don't think I did. lol.

Yeah, I tried making a video vlog once, I never posted it. I was too shy I also had a hard time staring into the lens but it could be because I'm high functioning, staring into eyes or lens is not a great experience for me. I like Youtube. I won't watch much MBTI, except Frank because I find him funny. I mostly watch tutorials or Butter Bros, Workouts, and reviews on objects for sale.

Yes, we are a spectrum but over time I am finding some shared traits among some of us. I've always felt the most like you. You being a 9 and I'm a 2. Though I do find you more peaceful than me, which I've always admired.

I do find interesting online conversations on these forums. When I was single in 2014, I had a more playful approach to my writing. Now that I'm not I'm more scientific in my approach and I feel come off dry. Though it's because I don't want people taking my playful approach to being flirty, when I'm single I don't care but when I'm with someone I've noticed I manage that playfulness and friendlier side of me more. Though it still comes out when I befriend people, feel safe around them, and feel they either a. have no attraction to me b. won't mix my playfulness with romantic affection. I still have no clue when someone actually likes me.

·
Registered
17,240 Posts
I miss Mr. Meepers and @Wellsy (INFP) they were both extremely charismatic. I thought Wellsy was amazing, a really good friend to hang out with. Never scared him away, at least I don't think I did. lol.
Not scared away at all, just busy as heck these days. I'm a stay-at-home dad who is trying to be a full-time grad student while trying to be a good husband. I'm racing to get assignments done for the end of the semester while possibly preparing for a job position, and socializing for bubs' first birthday. Feels like time for one thing always takes it away from other responsibilities and kinda got to let go and take a break.
Life's great though, but not online as much.

·
Registered
15,766 Posts
Boy, I'm a talkaholic from hell among introverts but with extroverts I can clam up if they're more dominant than me. I'm pretty submissive around my ESFJ friend, I also know if I interrupt her it irks her even though she interrupts everyone. Same with ESTPs. I've tried to train myself not to overtalk but it's hard if they spark a Ne cord. Start talking about space, physics, or math, BAM in your face rainbow puking every theory I could possibly think of, then two hours later look over at the person and they're just staring at me blinking... going.. I thought you were a dumb blonde. Normally when they get past the point of realizing I'm not just a bubbly blonde chick and that I have a supercomputer that can't seem to shut itself down I either get two reactions. Wow, you're awesome let's be best friends or wow, you're very weird please never talk to me again. Wait until you get in a subject talking about the uni bomber or serial killers. Then they just start inching away but a few stick with me and think I'm amazing. Not sure if the talking is a tick or defense mechanism. Like I can normally be quiet for a good bit in a lot of situations and say nothing. Though my mouth got me in trouble a lot in catechism school. Think Young Sheldon, except I was bubbly about it and actually did try to understand the equation of faith. I just think everything out loud, the faster I talk the faster I think. So even when I'm by myself typing this, I'm moving my mouth whispering out the conversation. I also make cute sounds throughout the day like beep beep boop boop. Or meep meep. This fast-talking and bubbly personality seems to give me an appearance that I'm extroverted but I'm shy as can be and really do prefer being home most of the time.

Yeah, I tried making a video vlog once, I never posted it. I was too shy I also had a hard time staring into the lens but it could be because I'm high functioning, staring into eyes or lens is not a great experience for me. I like Youtube. I won't watch much MBTI, except Frank because I find him funny. I mostly watch tutorials or Butter Bros, Workouts, and reviews on objects for sale.

Yes, we are a spectrum but over time I am finding some shared traits among some of us. I've always felt the most like you. You being a 9 and I'm a 2. Though I do find you more peaceful than me, which I've always admired.

I do find interesting online conversations on these forums. When I was single in 2014, I had a more playful approach to my writing. Now that I'm not I'm more scientific in my approach and I feel come off dry. Though it's because I don't want people taking my playful approach to being flirty, when I'm single I don't care but when I'm with someone I've noticed I manage that playfulness and friendlier side of me more. Though it still comes out when I befriend people, feel safe around them, and feel they either a. have no attraction to me b. won't mix my playfulness with romantic affection. I still have no clue when someone actually likes me.

lol I’m talkative all in general if I have something to say however I agree that when uncomfortable it’s really hard to get one point across. I can talk to mostly anyone - or talk myself into or out of anything haha however it’s rare for me to find someone that I connect with. The introverts in my life are pretty talkative around me - I think our energy level is at the same length however I do realize that I’m more open to strangers starting conversations with me - if someone is curious about me I’m more flattered than freak out so I guess there’s the extroversion in me - and I do have interests in meeting people from different walks of life . However I don’t have the need to be around someone at all time , enjoy traveling alone , can go on without seeing my partner for months and still be content ( can’t say the same about my kiddos though ) , I never approach anyone first ( even my most introverted friends approached me first ) and I do enjoy getting lost within my imagination and gain more energy while I’m alone . i believe we do have a lot in common , I find myself agreeing to a lot of what you have to say - there are many times when i read something and thought wth is this we would respond at the same time with similar answers .

I miss 2014- I was much more playful back then as well , it was like a party every night here - the bantering - nickname - flirting and teasing -
the would you date the person above you was hilarious

i can relate - I wouldn’t assume a person like me until they say it themselves bc there have been so many incidents where people with whom I have no attraction towards assumed that I’m secretly crushing on them

·
Corvus Cretin
Guy Incognito
23,303 Posts
lol I’m talkative all in general if I have something to say however I agree that when uncomfortable it’s really hard to get one point across. I can talk to mostly anyone - or talk myself into or out of anything haha however it’s rare for me to find someone that I connect with. The introverts in my life are pretty talkative around me - I think our energy level is at the same length however I do realize that I’m more open to strangers starting conversations with me - if someone is curious about me I’m more flattered than freak out so I guess there’s the extroversion in me - and I do have interests in meeting people from different walks of life . However I don’t have the need to be around someone at all time , enjoy traveling alone , can go on without seeing my partner for months and still be content ( can’t say the same about my kiddos though ) , I never approach anyone first ( even my most introverted friends approached me first ) and I do enjoy getting lost within my imagination and gain more energy while I’m alone . i believe we do have a lot in common , I find myself agreeing to a lot of what you have to say - there are many times when i read something and thought wth is this we would respond at the same time with similar answers .

I miss 2014- I was much more playful back then as well , it was like a party every night here - the bantering - nickname - flirting and teasing -
the would you date the person above you was hilarious

i can relate - I wouldn’t assume a person like me until they say it themselves bc there have been so many incidents where people with whom I have no attraction towards assumed that I’m secretly crushing on them

I have nostalgia for 2014 as well. It was a very different and much simpler time for me. I was a stupid 15 year old that had no idea of what MBTI or types were with no knowledge of the existence of those concepts. No Covid and no adult responsibilities looming over my shoulder yet. I was a novice at singing and wasn't particularly great at it yet. Cross country running was life. And my favorite team, the Seahawks, won the Super Bowl.

But I did not know this forum existed then so I missed out on that. Oh well.

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,852 Posts
it often depends on what it is about. so yes and no
I would say prior to 2016 it was nearly impossible for me to be at a level of offense smackdown with my Fi-Te bitch slap when some poor sap triggers the Fi hit card of my morality. I would probably be carefree 85% of the time within a given year. After 2016 (I have a thing against bigotry, you can say I'm a bigot to bigotry) I'm like 40% of American's have lost their ever-lasting marbles and I'm offended at 2/3s of their posts. My normal remedy is to delete and ignore so I'm no longer offended. Still, after 2016, even when deleting people from my Facebook, I still run into the supermarkets and outside areas where I'm just left wondering what happened? So my offended self has probably raised about 26.6% after 2016 if I do the math.

Still, compared to some people in my inner circle they would describe me as carefree, gregarious, and bubbly; probably the least offended person they know. But normally they don't concentrate on my rants on everything politically that's happened in the last five years because at the end I may get sidetracked down another hole of studying variables of how far meth has affected the population and its subsequent latency period of paranoia; though I could also just see a cute dog in the distance and shout out in an abnormal squeal "PUPPY."

So again people don't notice my rants because of "insert squirrel".

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Which would you prefer? To sleep in the same bed for the rest of your life? Or, that every beverage that you ever drink is different?

Guardian Shepherdess
1,821 Posts
Which would you prefer? To sleep in the same bed for the rest of your life? Or, that every beverage that you ever drink is different?
Let's just say... if this were a curse, I'd circumnavigate the entire issue, & choose the bed.
The loophole. Simply purchase an inflatable mattress or Japanese Tatami/Shikibuton~problem solved. :sneaky:
Haul it to family's/friend's houses, hotels, the beach, roll out in pickup-truck rear, wherever.
Regardless. It wouldn't matter anyway, because every drink I've ever drunk IS ever-so slightly different.
I mean, it might only mean the difference of a few atoms, but technically speaking...

·
Registered
15,766 Posts
Will the bed travel with me ?

Reactions: Infinitus

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,852 Posts
I probably overthought this but neither. I would pick the same bed every night but as long as it stayed comfortable and didn't degrade. Beds are still made of materials and those materials do degrade over time. Ever have a constant bad sore back after waking? Need a new bed, a different sleeping pattern, and possibly exercise for physical therapy. Sometimes replacing the bed is the easiest to fix. Which if we're making up magical beds I also want food not to add weight (specifically mac and cheese). There are some beverages I really like and drink compulsively so that would be a strong no. I like to try out different tasty interesting drinks but not at the expense of giving up a staple. Though that's probably not an ENFP thing but a high functioning thing. I'm compulsive about certain items.

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,852 Posts
Should I get a Beauceron or German Shepherd? :unsure:

Well, not sure. They're both working dogs. What's your activity level? Do you live in an apartment or have a house with a yard? How much time can you devote to "play" time?

Though they're slightly similar though I think the Beauceron (love how to pronounce the name) for the french breed is a little bit more sensitive to negative training, so you would really want to be patient with the puppy, firm, but very supportive. I feel you need more socialization and obedience training with them.

Both breeds will need a lot of exercises or you might come home to this if you chose not to crate.

I think the biggest con for me for a GS, is the blowout of the coat, holy hell it's a lot of furs. They're a joy and very smart. You can call him Rin Tin Tin. They are amazing to train. German Shepard would be fine in an apartment with exercise.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5
244 Posts
It will be probably 2 years from now until I can get a dog. I live in an apartment right now and I'm starting to become more active, but still not where I want to be yet. I will be able to devote a lot of time to playing and training.

I feel like the Beauceron is more sensitive to negative training too. I read that a Beauceron will let you know it too. Yeah, Beaucerons do need more socialization and training.

That video 😰😬 There was this video years ago on America's Funniest Home Videos where this lady came from from work and it looked like a tornado went through her house. It was her dogs😰

I think that is a big con for me too. I've heard other people call their GS German Shedders. I had an Australian Shepherd and she shed a lot too, but I'm not sure if it was anything like a GS. That's awesome! My family and I got our Aussie when she was a puppy and while we lived in an apartment. She did great as long as we kept her busy. I did think of Rin Tin Tin! I don't know if the original Rin Tin Tin movies are watchable, but I did see some movies that his decendents were in. I also thought about Strongheart. There's one movie of his that had been found, but I still haven't watched it yet. Do you like silent movies?

·
Registered
15,766 Posts

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,852 Posts
Do I appear to have an extremely high amount of Si?
Not really. Why? Though it is the least understood of all MBTI. I can never read Si on forums as I can Fi, Ni, or Ti, it's more subtle but how you act; as far as I've seen you're nothing like my mother. Though it could be your fourth function and that's why I don't see it. Si dom in an SJ often translates into adherence to existing facts, traditions, worldviews, or methods. They are very dependent on what has already been tried and established, systems of thought that grant them a sense of consistency and security. They can come off extremely sure in their actions. There was a girl who would post here last year or maybe the year before and SHE reminded me of my mother. Like if a user could show Si, she had it.

34021 - 34040 of 34052 Posts