Personality Cafe banner

34041 - 34052 of 34052 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Not really. Why? Though it is the least understood of all MBTI. I can never read Si on forums as I can Fi, Ni, or Ti, it's more subtle but how you act; as far as I've seen you're nothing like my mother. Though it could be your fourth function and that's why I don't see it. Si dom in an SJ often translates into adherence to existing facts, traditions, worldviews, or methods. They are very dependent on what has already been tried and established, systems of thought that grant them a sense of consistency and security. They can come off extremely sure in their actions. There was a girl who would post here last year or maybe the year before and SHE reminded me of my mother. Like if a user could show Si, she had it.
Now that you put it that way, I see the Si in the ESFJs in my life. How does their Ne (ter) manifest? If Si is traditions and Ne is new ideas? Or is that oversimplifying Ne?

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,852 Posts
Now that you put it that way, I see the Si in the ESFJs in my life. How does their Ne (ter) manifest? If Si is traditions and Ne is new ideas? Or is that oversimplifying Ne?
Ne would be like a project for them. ESFJs can still do what-ifs but it manifests itself into really amazing craft projects that wow us or pulling the group together to finish a project. At least the healthy ones. ESFJs (healthy ones) have a great ability to care about the people around them and create a lot of cool things for their passion to make the lives of their loved ones better. They may have the ultimate Fe goal of getting everyone to get along but man can they be like craft project time.

Like this makeover scene. She's using her Ne to do it. ESFJs can befriend, persuade, and direct others. It's that little Ti they have. ESFJs may feel they have relatively little inner control. Finding inner control elusive, they naturally turn their focus outwardly, hoping that achieving outer control will somehow bring them inner calm and security.

So yeah their Si, auxiliary function, prompts them to keep one eye on the past and to preserve existing methods.

In the end, their Ne finds a creative way to fix problems they see in others but because they're Fe driven with a-Si kicker, the solution will normally be closer to the conventional way than how an ENFJ would approach it using their Ni. They love craft projects revolving around those they respect and love. This could also be cooking the perfect pancakes on a kid's birthday. Look at this Fe soothe off Donkey, "swapping manly stories and in the morning he's going to make waffles" (that's the Ne).

See how this ESFJ makes a dress out of her Ne from his curtains? Again, I believe they use it for creative purposes to help support their Fe/Si functions.

Compared to how Ne will manifest in an NP type with making pancakes. I can do ESFJ pancake but I can also do ENFP crazy ones. lol They'll both taste amazing but somehow doing the Uncle Buck thing one morning for my husband had him laughing pretty hard. Expect the unconventional side.

I sometimes get confused with some ESFJ qualities because I too like to please others around me that matter to me. I'm 2w3 (the caregiver) but I still do it in an unconventional way sometimes plus my brain is too weird (fi) to remind myself of manners, and I lose everything, the worst person at time keeping when I'm researching something new. Compared to the real deal of an ESFJ, who will and does get upset at me if I forget to call her every three months or talk to her. I'm seriously impressed at their ability to care about people. I just come off shallow with my nose in a book or tinkering with a new project to remember to ask how the other person is doing. Still, if I'm bonded with someone I can remember important events and show a very loving ESFJ and even organized person with my Te to pull it off and make their day. Just don't expect it 24/7.

·
Corvus Cretin
Guy Incognito
23,303 Posts
From what you know of me, what function do I struggle with the most and demonstrate the most ineptitude with?

·
Registered
15,766 Posts
From what you know of me, what function do I struggle with the most and demonstrate the most ineptitude with?
Si - i feel like you tend to be nostalgic in the sense of remembering the past or revisiting your old self and compare it to your present self but it works against you more than towards you and makes you second guess yourself over and over again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Crowbo and NIHM

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,852 Posts
Si - i feel like you tend to be nostalgic in the sense of remembering the past or revisiting your old self and compare it to your present self but it works against you more than towards you and makes you second guess yourself over and over again

I didn't think about Si like that, a very insightful observation. Thank you for your amazing wisdom. I'm wondering if that's why I don't get hung up on my old self, tiny -si syndrome to busy perfecting myself to be the best I can be. Not that perfect is good, one could argue perfect is boring but I don't really fret over it either, again that could be my tiny si coming out?

That's one thing Crowbo and I have different. I'm very overly confidant. My vanity sometimes is out there and in your face, as in his insecurities come through when he doesn't need to be insecure about anything from my point of view.

·
Corvus Cretin
Guy Incognito
23,303 Posts
How many national parks have you been to so far. I've currently visited 13 so far including;

Mt Rainier

Olympic

North Cascades

Crater Lake

Redwood

Glacier

Yellowstone

Grand Teton

Badlands

Canyonlands

Arches

Bryce Canyon

Capitol Reef

·
Registered
15,766 Posts
How many national parks have you been to so far. I've currently visited 13 so far including;

Mt Rainier

Olympic

North Cascades

Crater Lake

Redwood

Glacier

Yellowstone

Grand Teton

Badlands

Canyonlands

Arches

Bryce Canyon

Capitol Reef
Golden Gate National
Sequoia
Red Wood National
Yosemite
Point Reyes
Joshua Tree
Crater Lake
Grand Canyon

way less than you did :)

Reactions: Crowbo

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,852 Posts

Mt Rainier

Olympic

North Cascades

Crater Lake

Redwood

Glacier

Yellowstone

Grand Teton

Badlands

Canyonlands

Arches

Bryce Canyon

Capitol Reef
Humm. Let me think...

1. Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park

2. Padre Island National Seashore Park

3. Palo Alto Battlefield National Historical Park

4. Waco Mammoth National Historical Park

5. Guadalupe Mountains National Park

6. Fort Davis National Historical Park

7. Great Smokey Mountains National Park

8. Cuyahoga Valley National Park

9. Helena National Forest

10. Yellowstone National Park

11. Redwood National Park

12. Rocky Mountain National Park

13. Gulf Islands National Seashore

14. Desota National Memorial Park

15. Canaveral National Seashore

16. Barrier Island National Park

I like camping. Now if you ask me for a list of state parks I would say no, that list would be gigantic.

·
Registered
15,766 Posts
what do you enjoy more the woods /camping or the beach .

I love camping - couldn’t say I feel the same about the beach unless there’s restaurants and some sort city life around it

Reactions: Eugenia Shepherd

·
Registered
616 Posts
Humm. Let me think...

1. Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park

2. Padre Island National Seashore Park

3. Palo Alto Battlefield National Historical Park

4. Waco Mammoth National Historical Park

5. Guadalupe Mountains National Park

6. Fort Davis National Historical Park

7. Great Smokey Mountains National Park

8. Cuyahoga Valley National Park

9. Helena National Forest

10. Yellowstone National Park

11. Redwood National Park

12. Rocky Mountain National Park

13. Gulf Islands National Seashore

14. Desota National Memorial Park

15. Canaveral National Seashore

16. Barrier Island National Park

I like camping. Now if you ask me for a list of state parks I would say no, that list would be gigantic.
I found this amusing because someone made this joke about how an ENFP would just wanna take a massive detour miles away just to check out something like a park 😂

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,852 Posts
I found this amusing because someone made this joke about how an ENFP would just wanna take a massive detour miles away just to check out something like a park 😂
Seriously I have bucket list parks lined up for me to visit.

what do you enjoy more the woods /camping or the beach .

I love camping - couldn’t say I feel the same about the beach unless there’s restaurants and some sort city life around it

Ohh I don't know both are fun. I would say the woods. Because eventually, sand gets EVERYWHERE. In the tent, and other areas you don't want it lol. I mean there are showers that you go into but still, your tent is near a lot of sand. Sand is like glitter... it's hard to get rid of it. Also, sex lots of sand... no Bueno. I can be adventurous with a willing partner but yeah I found my kryptonite with sand. However, I still can spend half the day excited to make sea castles and using lots of shells, seaweed, driftwood, and pebbles I find to make an art masterpiece.

34041 - 34052 of 34052 Posts