Personality Cafe banner

3821 - 3840 of 33636 Posts

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I am seriously loving reading all this :3 Shows you guys really are your functions and letters :3

·
Registered
15,146 Posts
While you're at it...Dunkin Donuts Coffee Coolatas are amazing....you should try one of those out too :tongue:.

Pssst...just poking fun at the "you should try one out" comment :wink:

On type based dating.... Personally feel anyone who chooses to date or not date based on type is seriously misinformed when it comes to MBTI. While I will jokingly go along with typist stereotypes, the four letters are merely cognitive function preferences. They're where you focus first, naturally. There are NT's that, through life experience and upbringing, are far more empathetic than many NF's, even though they (NTs) generally act on their thought processes prior to consideration of their feelings.

A persons actual personality, values, morale system and overall beliefs are not defined by their MBTI type. It's merely one of many influences leading to a whole. The only times I can see an MBTI type being a (major) factor in dating are; When the people of those types are emotionally unhealthy, making the negative stereotypes associated with their type both more true, unmanaged and seriously exacerbated as a result...or, when knowledge of people within the type combined with past experiences, either good or bad, are given much weight and attributed to these four letters.

Enneagram is a different story...and, unfortunately I'm not informed enough to discuss particulars (yet), but it has far more to do with how these cognitive functions can manifest and be expressed outwardly. If key information for a potential SO is being sought, that would be where to look.

Obviously...just my opinion...but, a fairly informed one, I think.
Really? I should pick myself up some Dunkin donuts Coolatas ; have you tried fried twinkles ? I hear they're good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Does she actually have depression? Or was that just poor word choice? I would imagine she'd have depression if she's self-harming, but just clarifying.

Depression is a mental illness; it can't be cured just by a few kind words. I don't think it really matters which feeling function someone has, depression can affect anyone.

It's hard to advise you on this without more details (e.g. what has caused her to do this) but I understand that would be asking for too much. The only thing I can say to you is continue to be there for her. I suffer from depression myself, and I always appreciate it when friends stay in touch with me, it's as simple as that. It shows they care. Just a simple 'Hey, what's up?' is nice. When someone has depression, it's very easy for those around them to give up on them. I mean, it's a frustrating situation to be in...but how frustrated do you think the depressed person is feeling? Very.

However, try and stay clear of asking how she's feeling, that can be a sensitive issue. I hate when people ask me that. My parents in particular were always asking if I was alright, if "everything was good", asking if I was happy. I understand why they were doing that, but I found it very frustrating and always found myself closing up whenever the subject of my feelings were brought up. Fi is a very sensitive and private function. We'll talk about how we're feeling when we're ready. Sure it might take a while, but that's just how it works. You'll need to be patient with us.

Also, if she hasn't been to the doctor, I suggest she makes an appointment asap. As her friend, you have a duty to do the right thing for her. That's the first step into getting better. Once she does that, she can get the help she needs, whether it be therapy, medication or both. Let her know there's no shame in that. People with depression are afraid to ask for help because they think people will think they're weak or crazy.

Try and get her active again. If she's depressed, she'll likely be spending more and more time by herself...and that's not good. She'll start to forget how to function if she does that. Make an effort with her, invite her out to do something...or even invite her round to your place to simply hang-out. At least that way she's getting out of her own room and she's not on her own.

Good luck, and I hope your friend will start feeling better soon.
She has clinical depression.

Well I was talking to her today . . . it makes me pretty sad hearing everything she had to say, honestly.

She claims she can't feel any emotions at all at this point . . . it's been like this for her for over three years . . .

I admit I only met her somewhat recently. She acts in a way that made me think she was an ENTP on an Ne-Fe loop at first in social situations. She claims that most people think she actually as emotions, but apparently they're all just fake.

She can't even feel them any more, she just pretends she has them . . .

She seems to function perfectly in society from an external viewpoint but she has a lot of anxiety issues and stuff. Talking to her online in a more private situation where she admitted her true thoughts (I can't really call them thoughts, I would call them feelings, but she claims to not have them anymore).

I can tell she still has a few emotions though; stress, anxiety, and frustration. There's a lot of frustration and anxiety, definitely, I could tell that almost instantly, just based on the way she described everything.

Talking to her in real life though, it doesn't seem that way at all at first. Well, at least she's kind of coping, but I'm concerned about what'll happen to her in the long run.

Her mother won't let her take any sort of medication for it, according to her (I asked her if she was taking any medication, as I first thought that the problem was a side effect).

edit: I have no idea why the heck I'm trying to help her. I'm definitely not qualified or anything lol as I have my own issues XD.

·
Registered
15,146 Posts
She has clinical depression.

Well I was talking to her today . . . it makes me pretty sad hearing everything she had to say, honestly.

She claims she can't feel any emotions at all at this point . . . it's been like this for her for over three years . . .

I admit I only met her somewhat recently. She acts in a way that made me think she was an ENTP on an Ne-Fe loop at first in social situations. She claims that most people think she actually as emotions, but apparently they're all just fake.

She can't even feel them any more, she just pretends she has them . . .

She seems to function perfectly in society from an external viewpoint but she has a lot of anxiety issues and stuff. Talking to her online in a more private situation where she admitted her true thoughts (I can't really call them thoughts, I would call them feelings, but she claims to not have them anymore).

I can tell she still has a few emotions though; stress, anxiety, and frustration. There's a lot of frustration and anxiety, definitely, I could tell that almost instantly, just based on the way she described everything.

Talking to her in real life though, it doesn't seem that way at all at first. Well, at least she's kind of coping, but I'm concerned about what'll happen to her in the long run.

Her mother won't let her take any sort of medication for it, according to her (I asked her if she was taking any medication, as I first thought that the problem was a side effect).

edit: I have no idea why the heck I'm trying to help her. I'm definitely not qualified or anything lol as I have my own issues XD.
youre such a good friend, she's lucky to have somebody that cares for her that much. She's sharing feelings with you so obviously she feels comfortable enough to let you know a part of her that she is most likely hiding to the outside world. I dont think anyone can stop her but herself from doing what she is doing- but what you can do is offer an ear, support and if you can- make her laugh, I feel so much better when I laugh, but of course Im telling you everything that you know already. Im responding to this bc Im touched by the fact that you care so much for a friend- so far from what it sounds- you are helping her, you got her to open up with u . Is she still cutting herself? and how old is she may I ask

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Do you enjoy reading?

Does it bore you?

I enjoy reading but never do it. It's just something that seems to be less interesting than all the other things I can think of doing.

I usually reserve reading for things like cruises or long car rides (road trips)... airplanes. Things that involve my being trapped somewhere for an extended period of time with nothing to do.

Which really is a shame .. considering how much I love reading.

Weird, isn't it? I feel like there's no way to use my Te when I read.. and that feels really suffocating. I absolutely MUST talk about what I've read or I will just explode.

Same with movies.. if we see a movie together, we are fçking having a longass debate about it afterward XD

·
Registered
15,146 Posts
Do you enjoy reading?

Does it bore you?

I enjoy reading but never do it. It's just something that seems to be less interesting than all the other things I can think of doing.

I usually reserve reading for things like cruises or long car rides (road trips)... airplanes. Things that involve my being trapped somewhere for an extended period of time with nothing to do.

Weird, isn't it? I feel like there's no way to use my Te when I read.. and that feels really suffocating. I absolutely MUST talk about what I've read or I will just explode.

Same with movies.. if we see a movie together, we are fçking having a longass debate about it afterward XD
Depending on what in reading but no I love reading and it doesn't bored me. I can petty much read anything as long as it doesn't deal with marketing or women romance novels. But it is time consuming , I agree

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Assuming that one can actually absorb powers after the consumption of one's enemies/victims.
What powers should I expect if i were to eat you?
Supreme awesomeness, the ability to fart sunshine, extremely heightened awareness (hearing seeing EVERYTHING..but not being able to focus on a damn one), true empathy and ...wondrous charm. Oh...and, depending how much your features are influenced by mine....devilish handsomeness!

Weaknesses-information overload, feeling of guilt, caring too much about what others think and....beautiful women

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Do you enjoy reading?

Does it bore you?

i like to read but rarely do because once I start, I have trouble putting a book down. Other things take a back seat that I can't always afford to put there...

it's funny...it's the one thing that's always been able to hold my attention....but, too well.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Not a question. You guys are f***ing awsome
Thank you :blushed:

Won't speak for everyone but...not always for me. Still...I have my moments...
:wink:
Also, So are most INFJs :wink:

·
MOTM Aug 2014
4,986 Posts

·
MOTM Aug 2014
4,986 Posts
Do you enjoy reading?

Does it bore you?

Hmmm, never been much of a reader, unless it's fanfiction (Don't even care how ghey that is, whatup hataz, u got a fucking prablem?)

I see...wait, you're INTJ, right?

*Checks type* Yeah, so INTJ.

My INTJ best friend has to talk about what she's read too, mainly with me, and it's usually stuff I don't understand or care about...but I just let her have her rants. It's kawaii XD.

·
MOTM Aug 2014
4,986 Posts
Assuming that one can actually absorb powers after the consumption of one's enemies/victims.
My dear Wellsy, if you were to have a psychotic break and attack me with your newly-found cannibalistic urges, you would gain the power of sexy. You would also gain the power of being a bad bitch, awesomeness, the status of Queen, and oh yeah...the ability to read minds...

BUT MAINLY, THE POWER OF SEXY:wink:.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
My dear Wellsy, if you were to have a psychotic break and attack me with your newly-found cannibalistic urges, you would gain the power of sexy. You would also gain the power of being a bad bitch, awesomeness, the status of Queen, and oh yeah...the ability to read minds...

BUT MAINLY, THE POWER OF SEXY:wink:.
What is sexy? o_O Like seriously? WHAT is it? o_O

·
Registered
15,146 Posts
The special ability of being extremely calm and never express anger-yet feels it quite deeply . Oh and the ability to be over the top optimistic

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
The special ability of being extremely calm and never express anger-yet feels it quite deeply . Oh and the ability to be over the top optimistic

Dont you already have that? o_O

3821 - 3840 of 33636 Posts