Personality Cafe banner

3941 - 3960 of 33686 Posts

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
In other words, human faults that were not worked on like forgetfulness? o_O
Well, that's merely one small example, IMO. Given @NIHM 's post echoed one I posted a few pages back, I'd say she meant more deep rooted issues than forgetfulness...Such as, as serenity stated, selfishness and/or narcissism. If your forgetfulness causes you to forget things rather important to an SO...sure, training yourself to take notes and keep a Calendar would be the right thing to do and not doing so would be selfish. But, more deep rooted than that, typically.

The point I made and make again is people are too hung up on these 4 letters. They are how we see and process information and while there are commonalities within types, who a person is...which is what you fall in live with, has very little to do with how they process information and much to do with how they feel about various things at their core. What their values and character are, and their moral fiber...these are not type dependent. If I had a dollar for every post I've seen with "never thought I'd fall for that type" or similar, I'd be rich.

Hell, @ai.tran.75 even stated she never thought she would date her husband's type(ISTP?) but is more in love than ever.

I posted on this in an INFJ/ISTP relationship thread with very similar points and positive reception from the long time users because...it's true. MBTI can be helpful in that it helps you understand the functions of a person so that you don't misjudge reactions or reasons behind them. It shouldn't be used to assume you'll know who they are or how you'll feel about them. That's silly, IMO.

Ever hear the term used and echoed time and again "She/He is everything I never knew I always wanted". Judge how people make you feel based on who they are...not what four letters they carry for MBTI because, that expression often rings true, and for a reason. Doing otherwise may be selling yourself very short, IMO.

FYI, so I don't get a snarky or pissy response...I'm just putting my thoughts on this out there and not slighting anyone's intelligence.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
In other words, human faults that were not worked on like forgetfulness? o_O
Forgetfulness should be forgiven... To forget, shouldn't be held against a person.

But selfishness, where a person doesn't care enough to bother to do things that are special for the other person is a fault that is more troublesome.

Reactions: Artemis 2x4

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Forgetfulness should be forgiven... To forget, shouldn't be held against a person.

But selfishness, where a person doesn't care enough to bother to do things that are special for the other person is a fault that is more troublesome.
Ahhh ok. Well I can see that. I dont like people are who are hung up on this too much. I actually use this to help me understand and get along with those around me. And plus I love learning about others too :3 But I swear if someone tells me I shouldnt be this way because Im an INFP....................................................*low growl*

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
But I swear if someone tells me I shouldnt be this way because Im an INFP....................................................*low growl*
I hear you, I hate it when people tell me that because I am an ENFP that I could never do certain things or be certain things.

I enjoy proving naysayers wrong. ;-)

·
MOTM Aug 2014
4,986 Posts
Thank you
Thank you

I missed you too !!
But real life is currently with a LOT of action! My Ne is crazy like a teenager released from the compound at Disney World, dancing with Winnie the Pooh!
WHAT'S HAPPENING IN YOUR LIFE? TELL ME. *stares intently at you* Spill, I want da gossip:crazy:.

·
MOTM Aug 2014
4,986 Posts
ENFPs, do you ever get overwhelmed with this happy, positive emotion that makes you love everyone and anything around you (even people you don't like)? You just feel so blissful that you want to share it with everyone, so you start complimenting the fuck out of people. You tell them how amazing they are, and point out all their good qualities because you want them to feel as good as you?:crazy: I'M FEELING THAT WAY NOW.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
ENFPs, do you ever get overwhelmed with this happy, positive emotion that makes you love everyone and anything around you (even people you don't like)? You just feel so blissful that you want to share it with everyone, so you start complimenting the fuck out of people. You tell them how amazing they are, and point out all their good qualities because you want them to feel as good as you?:crazy: I'M FEELING THAT WAY NOW.
Yep...then I get told I'm a huge flirt (although...I am, compliments given sincerely aren't usually meant for that purpose). :)

Unfortunately...less so in real life. I've had it exploited far too often. So, I'm more selective with compliments I share irl.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Lol. Oh yeah. I get that accusation all the time. People don't understand what this type of universal love is like, so they assume that we are flirting with them or with everyone. We just want everyone to be happy. We just really appreciate all the good things that people do and the neat things about them. Love is love. It should be for everything.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
LOL LOL Im sorry but I bursted out laughing when I read this.........................or halfway............................omg I love watching you guys do that, its lovely and cute XP

Reactions: FePa and ai.tran.75

·
Registered
15,175 Posts
Thank you, all. I'm so laid back and easy going, I know I would get along with just about anybody. The only reason I asked, is that I'm interested in your perspective. enfps are cool, and I like cool. I don't count or discount someone based on the four letters under their name. Everyone is interesting to me, which I know may sound like a paradox for an istp. But, hey ... we're laid back. We get along with everyone! Thanks for your answers.
ill answer to you regarding the relationship between my husband and i (not enfp and istp)

this is the only thing we have in common- we love each other, we're both calm and laid back, we look alike, we're unorganize, we share the same values----yup beyond that we're quite opposite

our relationship worked well bc our personality combines well. I can honestly tell you that I never thought I would be attracted to somebody with my husbands personality or hobbies of interests- hes fearful of emotions, very masculine, action oriented, realistic, cynical, hates reading, likes to go shooting/fishing /hunting ,riding , and parties quite hard ( he stopped partying 4 years into the relationship by choice), he's rarely ever around - ( I see him once or twice a week the first 4 years we were together, but we talk every other night for 2-7 hours) , is extremely flirtatous(still is), have overly emotional and dramatic friends, and had a reputation for breaking girls heart ( all his exes hates him and the acquaintances that I have warned me that hes trouble- my friends and I adore him though) oh hes also the most humorous man I know ( we share the same humor and I laugh with him more than anyone I know)

then you have me- extremely optimistic, laughing or giggling most of the time, enjoys activities like hosting board games party without alchohol,having dinner parties where people just sit and have philosophical or political debates with one another, joining book clubs and film clubs, studying half of the time ( even when he visits sometimes), always in a play ( I was in all my school plays back in college), have pretty calm and laid back friends( I never argue or even bicker with any of my friends since jr high until now), space out and enter my imaginary world quite often, extremely idealistic, have a fear of commitment, and hates making phone calls to people, need a l ot of alone time, often mistaken to be flirtatous, strive for freedom and needs a lot of personal space, likes to deal with my emotional problem alone and would hate it if anybody was to bug me .

you see this is where our relationship work- we're both independent so him being aloof or going out a lot doesnt really bother me- bc it means that I can go off and do my own thing , we're both laid back and easy going so when we do hangout its really enjoyable and often filled with laughter and lots of bantering, neither of us are jealous-which means that he could still be flirty with some people and I can still be flirty with others( I get extremely flattered everytime I see a hot girl hitting on him)- no we never cheated on each other- and yes we trust each other to the point that light flirtation means nothing - its just part of our personality, I understand his emotions very well so he opens up to me a lot i mean A LOT- perhaps thats why I thought he was an extrovert for the longest time- it wasnt until I made him take this test 2 months ago that I find out that hes SLi socionic and ISTP mbti, then I read into it and realize that he is Ti dominant . He doesnt understand my emotions at all- i think this would be the down side for most enfp ( I dont mind this bc I like to deal with my emotion separately ,and discuss it objectively- sometimes its irritating- like when my aunt passed away and he tells me that shes has lung cancer its better for her and then disappear for 2 days) but I know he loves me- the love he has for me is strong to the point that I dont know if theres anyone can love me as much - and that makes me happy- we never had a loud argument through the 9 years that we're together, and even now- he and I are free to go out and hangout with friends anytime we want- and the other partner (usually me bc Im a homebody) would agree to care for our son, I think not to show off- but none of our friends have a more sucessful relationship than us- we just combine so well, not only is he my lover he's also my best friend and we still spend hours talking with each other nightly - when I first dated my husband- I only wish for it to be a 3 months relationship and thought wow hes so cool- never would I thought that I would be this in love and never would I thought that I would agree into marrying somebody whos fearful of emotional discussions and runaway from it, but he understands me in different ways- like he knows when Im hungry, thirsty or tired, he notices when I'm bored or stressed, he show his love to me towards action and his action are quite clear and its much stronger than words- which he showed affection through as well, after 2 years into our relationship we could read each other thoughts and mind sometimes- which is pretty cool, he never try to change who I am as to I try never try to change him. BUt we both changed each other- he changed me from a person who fears commitment into a wife with a 2 year old son (best thing in my life) and I changed him into somebody who's now almost optimistic. Oh and he makes me laugh all the time- that gotta be a plus, I adore my IStp

quite sure the relationship would work if theres trust from both party- and yeah along with all the other mbti- I initially prefer FEELERS ok> I just end up with THINKERS and the only FEELER ive dated was my worst nightmare- sometimes we dont know whats best for us until it happens

·
Registered
15,175 Posts

haha I do that all the time- but the people dont seem to mind =) My happiness can get quite contagious

Reactions: FePa

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
"You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth...
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies,
so He loves also the bow that is stable." -- Kahlil Gibran

"To love means to open ourselves to the negative as well as the positive - to grief, sorrow, and disappointment as well as to joy, fulfillment, and an intensity of consciousness we did not know was possible before." -- Rollo May

Reactions: JaySH

·
Registered
15,175 Posts
In that case, could you think of something to say to make me happy? :D
I dont know you well enough, but so far from the questions that you have asked you seem like a really intelligent and curious individual and much wiser beyond your years.

Reactions: JaySH and nO_d3N1AL

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
3941 - 3960 of 33686 Posts