Personality Cafe banner

4021 - 4040 of 33759 Posts

·
Registered
4,179 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
What's the difference between an ENFP and an INFP? How do they see the world similarly and differently. Also, what do ENFP think of ENTJ?

I think ENTJs are sexy :)
And compared to my INFP friends I'd say I'm more optimistic, more organized in terms of my home, workplace etc (but not in my mind!) and a little less 'touchy-feely'. I think we both get people easily and are diplomatic (if we want to) but can be blunt too (unlike INFJs). Spontaneous and fun too. We get each other.

·
Registered
15,257 Posts
What's the difference between an ENFP and an INFP? How do they see the world similarly and differently. Also, what do ENFP think of ENTJ?
I'm comparing myself to the INFPs in my life (my BFF, my aunt ,my aunt in law )think emotionally INFP and enfp works the same we deal with our emotions alone , we usually have the same value and are prone to feel guilty quite easily, we're both good listener and understanding . But beyond that I find that as an enfp I am much more outgoing and friendlier than my INFP friends if we were to be in social setting or at a party, I like people and I even talk to strangers as to my INFP BFF is more reserve, I'm much more impulsive (I jumped into a relationship with my husband the 2nd time I saw him) - dated and flirted a lot back in high school as to the 3 INFPs that I know are more reserve , and picky when it comes to dating - they are all waiting for the one, from an outsider point of view INFP appear more down to earth and articulate but their imagination and idealism is even stronger than ours, INFP have a softer and more polite sense of humor - I laugh at everything my INFPs friends don't find crude humors funny , INFP are very soft and gentle and less talkative, enfp can talk up a storm however if you interrupt an INFP when they're talking they'll get offended as to enfp don't care much, or if INFPs are resting and enjoying their solitary time they don't like being interrupted as to enfp welcomes it, INFP are more serious and idealistic when it comes to romance and I find them much more patient than we are, enfp are more curious , easier to approach , quite random , more high spirited and optimistic , we take more risk, tend to neglect our physical needs , we talk a lot faster and tends to jump from topics to topics when we're talking, enfp are more prone to misplace things,

My INFP bf is an ENTJ- and I find him extremely outgoing , easy to talk , funny ,open minded , charismatic and energetic - he's also a great bf to my friend - he inspires her to be less fearful, go out more and love herself more . Oh and I really enjoy the entjs on this forum as well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TootsieBear267

·
MOTM Aug 2014
4,986 Posts
Do you think that ENFPs with a low F (slightly more than 50% compared to the T) have a more developped Te (since Te is our 3rd function)? Because their T is stronger than with other ENFPs? Probably a stupid question, but I've been wondering if there's a correlation between the percentages of F/T and the development of the weaker functions, if that makes sense...
Recently, I've thought that my Te was stronger than my Fi. It is possible to have functions which overtake the function previous (if you get me). For instance, you can have ENFPs who have stronger Fi than Ne.

I think it just depends on your age/situation. I'm 21, so I'm now at the age where my third function (Te) is developing, which probably makes me think it's stronger than my Fi because I'm more aware of it.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Recently, I've thought that my Te was stronger than my Fi. It is possible to have functions which overtake the function previous (if you get me). For instance, you can have ENFPs who have stronger Fi than Ne.

I think it just depends on your age/situation. I'm 21, so I'm now at the age where my third function (Te) is developing, which probably makes me think it's stronger than my Fi because I'm more aware of it.
Funny, in my age range, Te is developing for me too :3 Which is why I worry If Im feeling..............cold............:S

·
Registered
6,263 Posts

·
Registered
4,179 Posts

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Very similar just like ESTP and ENTP. The difference is in the perceiving function but judging is pretty much the same ( They would use the same thinking processes to arrive to some conclusion). But there is a huge difference in sensing and intuition. Sensors are more likely to talk direct to you and discuss what's relevant now instead of chasing rabbit trails with random subjects like an intuit. Sensors usually think they are 'more right' about things but intuits can think sensors are narrow minded.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Very similar just like ESTP and ENTP. The difference is in the perceiving function but judging is pretty much the same ( They would use the same thinking processes to arrive to some conclusion). But there is a huge difference in sensing and intuition. Sensors are more likely to talk direct to you and discuss what's relevant now instead of chasing rabbit trails with random subjects like an intuit. Sensors usually think they are 'more right' about things but intuits can think sensors are narrow minded.
Does this is explain why Sensors seem to piss me off? :/ Mainly Se users? -___-

I love how you said "Seem to think" when regarding who is right lol. It made me giggle internally and smile :3

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
My best friend is an Se dom ( ESTP) and based on the way we talk to each other it can be very interesting. He is interested in the here and now and what's relevant at the moment. If we're talking about a conceptual topic he won't care to really talk about it unless it has some practical relevance to something we are doing or going to do soon. I don't care so much about that because I'll talk about anything if its interesting whether it has an impact on our current activity or not. But I notice we make decisions or evaluate pros and cons about things we do so very much in the same fashion. We go with logic almost always.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Does this is explain why Sensors seem to piss me off? :/ Mainly Se users? -___-

I love how you said "Seem to think" when regarding who is right lol. It made me giggle internally and smile :3

"Some men see things as they are and ask 'why?'. I dream things that never were and ask...'why not?".

Somehow felt this was relevant...

·
Banned
1,068 Posts
I'm comparing myself to the INFPs in my life (my BFF, my aunt ,my aunt in law )think emotionally INFP and enfp works the same we deal with our emotions alone , we usually have the same value and are prone to feel guilty quite easily, we're both good listener and understanding . But beyond that I find that as an enfp I am much more outgoing and friendlier than my INFP friends if we were to be in social setting or at a party, I like people and I even talk to strangers as to my INFP BFF is more reserve, I'm much more impulsive (I jumped into a relationship with my husband the 2nd time I saw him) - dated and flirted a lot back in high school as to the 3 INFPs that I know are more reserve , and picky when it comes to dating - they are all waiting for the one, from an outsider point of view INFP appear more down to earth and articulate but their imagination and idealism is even stronger than ours, INFP have a softer and more polite sense of humor - I laugh at everything my INFPs friends don't find crude humors funny , INFP are very soft and gentle and less talkative, enfp can talk up a storm however if you interrupt an INFP when they're talking they'll get offended as to enfp don't care much, or if INFPs are resting and enjoying their solitary time they don't like being interrupted as to enfp welcomes it, INFP are more serious and idealistic when it comes to romance and I find them much more patient than we are, enfp are more curious , easier to approach , quite random , more high spirited and optimistic , we take more risk, tend to neglect our physical needs , we talk a lot faster and tends to jump from topics to topics when we're talking, enfp are more prone to misplace things,

My INFP bf is an ENTJ- and I find him extremely outgoing , easy to talk , funny ,open minded , charismatic and energetic - he's also a great bf to my friend - he inspires her to be less fearful, go out more and love herself more . Oh and I really enjoy the entjs on this forum as well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tell me about it. I can easily identify with what you sad. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Pretty much. I CAN talk about random things with other people, and for quite a while, but in general I put a lot more emphasis on what is concrete. Can my mind wander off into something irrelevant? Absolutely. Who wouldn't when they're bored? But being a dreamer takes more effort for me.

Reactions: Bugs

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
"Some men see things as they are and ask 'why?'. I dream things that never were and ask...'why not?".

Somehow felt this was relevant...
It was. Person A was an Se-user and Person B was an Ne-user :p

I also do ask "Why not?" from time to time, although mainly it's to rationalize doing silly things :p

Reactions: JaySH

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Pretty much. I CAN talk about random things with other people, and for quite a while, but in general I put a lot more emphasis on what is concrete. Can my mind wander off into something irrelevant? Absolutely. Who wouldn't when they're bored? But being a dreamer takes more effort for me.
Sensors think more about the past and the present where intuits focus more on the future ( not 'what is' but 'what can be' or even 'why?') It's much like picturing the shape of a pyramid but lets assume the pyramid is an idea. Sensors picture a right side up pyramid whereas they gather all the data and details ( facts) and eventually see the big picture when they get enough sensory data. Intuits are an upside down pyramid where the big idea is first and the facts and details are not as important.

Reactions: FakeLefty

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Sensors think more about the past and the present where intuits focus more on the future ( not 'what is' but 'what can be' or even 'why?') It's much like picturing the shape of a pyramid but lets assume the pyramid is an idea. Sensors picture a right side up pyramid whereas they gather all the data and details ( facts) and eventually see the big picture when they get enough sensory data. Intuits are an upside down pyramid where the big idea is first and the facts and details are not as important.
Also, I'm not sure if this is Ne vs. Se, but I find that at least based on conversations I've had with Ne people so far, it seems that Se people tend to be very economical when it comes to conversations whereas Ne people tend to elaborate a lot. For me, if I can say something in two words I usually won't say it in three.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Also, I'm not sure if this is Ne vs. Se, but I find that at least based on conversations I've had with Ne people so far, it seems that Se people tend to be very economical when it comes to conversations whereas Ne people tend to elaborate a lot. For me, if I can say something in two words I usually won't say it in three.
Its N vs S in general. As far as S is concerned , Se is more present focused where Si is past focused ( i.e. direct sensory input vs indirect). Sensors tend to have 'beeline' focus and try to get to 'the point' based on what 'data' is guiding them. Intuits believe discussing the idea as a whole is the point , like there is no 'end game' and will suddenly switch topics on a whim if they are bored or have exhausted themselves mentally masturbating about it :p.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
It was. Person A was an Se-user and Person B was an Ne-user :p

I also do ask "Why not?" from time to time, although mainly it's to rationalize doing silly things :p
oh, I know. That's my interpretation as well. Love that quote...always have. George Bernard Shaw or JFK....tho, JFK was quoting GBS.

Anyway, I left it at "thinking it was relevant" to see if others would relate/interpret it as I had.

4021 - 4040 of 33759 Posts