Personality Cafe banner

981 - 1000 of 33605 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
What's your favorite personality type and why?
INFP are my favorite because they are kind, good listeners, compassionate, and wise. Several of my best friends are INFPs. They also enjoy hanging out with me and they respond to my efforts to get them to come out of their comfort zones some times. Even introverts need to hang out and do new things sometimes.

I also enjoy other ENFPs because we ENFPs are lots of fun.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If I did something to hurt you or changed the way you looked at me, do you ever see yourself forgiving that person? She used to be my best friend, and now I don't even know if she even thinks about me at aaalllll
Yes. I forgive. sometimes it may not be easy but I will work on forgiving because I believe that everything can turn around for good. I was in an abusive relationship. she isolated me from my family and friends. I lost touch with many acquaintances. she manipulated me in many ways. she would try to kill herself and when I would save her she would scratch me and whatever. I was walking on eggshells. i'm not gonna get into all the details but it was hell, to say the least. I began to hate her guts for ruining my life. she did many things to 'hurt me and change the way I looked at her.' I forgave her, got her help, and now we're married with 2 kids.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yes. I forgive. sometimes it may not be easy but I will work on forgiving because I believe that everything can turn around for good. I was in an abusive relationship. she isolated me from my family and friends. I lost touch with many acquaintances. she manipulated me in many ways. she would try to kill herself and when I would save her she would scratch me and whatever. I was walking on eggshells. i'm not gonna get into all the details but it was hell, to say the least. I began to hate her guts for ruining my life. she did many things to 'hurt me and change the way I looked at her.' I forgave her, got her help, and now we're married with 2 kids.
I forgive if someone does something horrible to me, but I don't continue the relationship at an intimate level. I forgave my soon to be ex husband for cheating on me and having a baby with another woman. I don't consider him a friend, however. I am polite to him and am not vindictive to him in our divorce proceedings.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I forgive if someone does something horrible to me, but I don't continue the relationship at an intimate level. I forgave my soon to be ex husband for cheating on me and having a baby with another woman. I don't consider him a friend, however. I am polite to him and am not vindictive to him in our divorce proceedings.
I guess continuing would depend on other factors in the relationship. in your case, I would also work on forgiving but, like you, I would not continue the relationship. A disloyal partner is not a partner at all. So yeh, forgive and move on.

·
Registered
50 Posts
INFP are my favorite because they are kind, good listeners, compassionate, and wise. Several of my best friends are INFPs. They also enjoy hanging out with me and they respond to my efforts to get them to come out of their comfort zones some times. Even introverts need to hang out and do new things sometimes.

I also enjoy other ENFPs because we ENFPs are lots of fun.
Agreed, ENFPs are lots of fun. INFPs or Js are up there too. but ESTJs, I feel is an ENFP's rivalry. could be friends and cool with each other on the outside (bc we love everyone, right?) but there's something there that is, in a sense, competition. cant quite put my finger on it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Is it easy for you to forget someone who once meant a lot to you? Even if they did something that changed the way you saw them?
Personally it's impossible for me to forget someone that meant a lot to me.
Even if they hurt me badly, and the friendship or relationship is dead and buried.
I'll feel different about them.
But they define who I am. so they're a part of me.

What's your favorite personality type and why?
Gonna be a stereotype here.
INTJs!
I just love how we kind of complete each other (I'm talking extreme cases of personality)
See I understand how I'm irrational and I really prefer feeling than thinking.
So... it's just refreshing, the no bullshit approach they seem to have.
I also value their friendship more. because in my experiences, an INTJ will only tell you nice things or cheer you up when they mean it sincerely.

I admire them, while not wanting to be them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Is it easy for you to forget someone who once meant a lot to you? Even if they did something that changed the way you saw them?
I don't think I can ever forget someone that meant a lot to me no matter what they've done. by the way, I appreciate the questions here , so what did you do to this ENFP friend of yours that you are asking these questions? maybe us ENFPs can help you a little better..

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don't think I can ever forget someone that meant a lot to me no matter what they've done. by the way, I appreciate the questions here , so what did you do to this ENFP friend of yours that you are asking these questions? maybe us ENFPs can help you a little better..
It's not really what I did to her as much as it is I deceived her. She's one of those people who has such a moral high ground and loves surrounding herself with people who are like her. I've been doing some shit I knew she wouldn't approve of so I never really told her. She always saw me as a saint. Someone got in between us and showed her an email I had written a long time ago to a friend of mine. It basically was the worst way I could ever say about all the things I've done. Like I made it sound worse than it already really was. She was my best friend and meant the world to me, honestly. I saw her the other day and I guess I just went back there; back to hoping things would go back to the way they were. We were at this reunion and she was nice to me. For the first time since all of that happened (about a year later) she treated me like anyone else, like an acquaintance. Which she never acted towards be that way before. It was always awkward and tense and her not being able to look at me. My friends say its progress, but my problem is is that I want more, and I'm not sure she'll ever tear down the walls. When I think about her past friendships they all have one thing in common; once they end that's it theres no going back. So what do you think?

·
Registered
50 Posts
It's not really what I did to her as much as it is I deceived her. She's one of those people who has such a moral high ground and loves surrounding herself with people who are like her. I've been doing some shit I knew she wouldn't approve of so I never really told her. She always saw me as a saint. Someone got in between us and showed her an email I had written a long time ago to a friend of mine. It basically was the worst way I could ever say about all the things I've done. Like I made it sound worse than it already really was. She was my best friend and meant the world to me, honestly. I saw her the other day and I guess I just went back there; back to hoping things would go back to the way they were. We were at this reunion and she was nice to me. For the first time since all of that happened (about a year later) she treated me like anyone else, like an acquaintance. Which she never acted towards be that way before. It was always awkward and tense and her not being able to look at me. My friends say its progress, but my problem is is that I want more, and I'm not sure she'll ever tear down the walls. When I think about her past friendships they all have one thing in common; once they end that's it theres no going back. So what do you think?

here's what I think........ Why do you want to be friends with someone who cant except you for who you are. She should understand that no one is a saint. if I recall, you mentioned that she is an ENFP, she doesn't sound like and ENFP to me. we are sweet, understanding, crazy people that love peace and hate conflict. that being said, I say to have a heart-to-heart with her and try to get your friend back. see what happens.... then, if she does not want to be friends with you, you need to move on with your life and not torture yourself. Friends come and go, my dear. Only truly genuine friends that are almost like family stay by your side for life. and your lucky if you have 1 of those, 2 tops! good luck!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
It's a matter of opinion. I don't think they're cute, they make ears look less delicious than they really are.
Impossible. Ears are too cute not to make one want to nibble on them, no matter what!

Have you ever dated an INFJ and how was the experience?
Yup. In my early twenties. It went like this:
HOT!!! HOTHOTHOTHOT!!
Cold. :dry:
OMG I LOVE YOU MARRY ME PLEASE DON'T YOU EVER LEAVE ME WE WERE MEANT FOR EA--
So you're still around, aren't you? :dry:
You're so adorable! I can't imagine my life without you! Let's write each other songs and get twin tattoos!
DEAR ME, YOU HURT ME SO MUCH!!! HOW CAN YOU BE SO MEAN? WHO ARE YOU?! I HATE YOU HATE YOU HATE YOU!!
Oh hi! Um, I miss you. Looking good today. Wanna hang out?

Back and forth, back and forth. That's how my heart got these stretch marks.:frustrating:

Do any of you struggle with accepting criticism?
Um, yeah, I don't take criticism as well as I'd like to. Every time I get some criticism, it feels like a personal attack. It takes all my might to open up to it and try to get the good parts that will make me a better person. But hey, I'm trying!

Easy? No. Possible? It is, if you hurt me bad enough, intentionally. It takes a lot to get on my bad side, but once you do, there's no turning back. Not sure if that's an ENFP thing, though.

·
Registered
433 Posts
dear ENFP,

Is it common for your type to not know when a conversation is ending or the other person wants it to end? I have watched my husband do this a few times, the other person starts to back away to run and he will say "oh, one more thing"

this could just be him trying to get his opinions out or making sure he is portrayed the right way.

·
Registered
354 Posts
dear ENFP,

Is it common for your type to not know when a conversation is ending or the other person wants it to end? I have watched my husband do this a few times, the other person starts to back away to run and he will say "oh, one more thing"

this could just be him trying to get his opinions out or making sure he is portrayed the right way.
I guess I'm a little selfish like this.
I like to get my fill of a conversation, and I'm also optimistic.
So if a conversation starts to slow down... I don't think "Oh this person is done talking" I think "Quick, I better get this conversation going again before it dies!"

I guess it's just because if I like someone, I can talk for hours.
I forget other people don't think like that.

·
The No More Hero
18,285 Posts
dear ENFP,

I don't like silences, they feel awkward most the time between me and most people I know, so I try to keep it interesting. Most of the time, people cut me half way through and I can't get my thoughts out.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sometimes I do keep talking when people want the conversation to end. A lot of times, however, people keep talking when I want the conversation to end. It's hard for me to extricate myself from conversations even when I have to go someplace else.

·
Registered
50 Posts
dear ENFP,

Great question for ENFP. I definitely suffer from these types of things similar to what the others have replied as well.
We just love people and love talking and dislike silence in conversations. I could talk for hours on end. many people have told me I'd make a great old man with lots of stories to tell.
I feel that a successful ENFP will pick up on the social cues of others to navigate through a conversation without chasing the other party. Yes we need to learn when to shut up.
My wife, an ISFJ, cringes from me in this regard. She tells me, "You never know when to end it!"
Ok, I'm done. You got the point.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Dear ENFP,

I've been told by a few ENFPs that they find my ISTP personality extremely attractive and 'mystical'...
What is it about the ISTP personality that you like?

·
The No More Hero
18,285 Posts
Dear ENFP,

I've been told by a few ENFPs that they find my ISTP personality extremely attractive and 'mystical'...
What is it about the ISTP personality that you like?
Neh. The only personality I find magical are INTJs. They understand me like no other.

·
Registered
16 Posts
dear ENFP,

Oh, absolutely. I struggle with this in a lot of ways. Sometimes I don't want to let a topic drop, but other times I'm afraid to even bring one up or contribute because I know I'll talk about it for too long. I've been told so many times to shut up or that I never stop talking that it's become a huge insecurity of mine that produces a lot of contradictory behavior. xD
Like, now I not only never know when to let a topic go, but I also never know when it's alright to actually respond.

981 - 1000 of 33605 Posts